Grimco Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company and Career
Sales Representative/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 17, 2017
I have been with Grimco for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Grimco is to be a part of. I am currently a Branch Manager and just like everybody else in the company I started my career as a Sales Rep. The company truly promotes on success and they only promote from within. Grimco truly has an employees first mindset, starting with amazing training. The training program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. Loved the 1-on-1 time with the President during training.
Pros
Great work-life balance and company culture
Transactional career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 16, 2017
Grimco is an underpaying transactional career move. It is easy to get hired and burned out- after my two years I ran for the hills. Nothing fulfilling.
Great ethical work force
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2017
98 out of 100 points on a place to work. A great place to work. The customer base is great to work with. The toughest part of the job is no air conditioning.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Slow to advance
Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 22, 2017
Grimco hires employees based on personality and work ethic.
I have worked for Grimco for 4 years and still love what I do and who I work with.
Management cares about their employees, unfortunately you can not make everyone happy.
I have seen first hand the amazing things this company has done for employees during their times of need.
If you work hard and are passionate about what you do, you will stand out and be rewarded for your work.
Pros
Culture, Opportunity, Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
PTO could be better
Poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 1, 2017
Expect no quality of life outside of work. They have ridiculous expectations. Everything is sales driven. Management cares nothing about employees. Only thing that matters is making sales. They leave you under staffed. No chance of moving up, unless you wanna become one of their brain washed sales sharks, and only then the opportunity is out of town. Very poorly ran company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, micro management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 22, 2017
The management is very helpful and friendly. The job is pretty easy. You will get a yearly review and will most likely get some type of raise. The only downside (which might not be for everyone) is that any type of advancement would usually require you to relocate.
Pros
Great benefits, great work environment
Cons
Relocate to advance
Fun place to work, great people, fast paced sales environment
Installation and Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
My days are split between phone tech support and travelling for equipment installation and tech work. I have acquired an advanced knowledge of digital wide-format print and production concepts and skills. The people and managers are excellent and they really care about each other! The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and problem solving for co-workers and customers. The hardest part is occasional excessive travel.
Pros
Great People, Fun work environment
Cons
healthcare and benefits are lacking
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grimco Greer SCNovember 2, 2016
Grimco never stop, demanding, not like Aluma Panel was! I had worked for Aluma Panel for 15years + same thing selling sign supplies.I did almost all the UPS shippments, rolled Vinyl and pulled for trucks
Pros
Cons
The few employees left after Grimco took over were the best part
Great place to start your career
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2016
Grimco is a wonderful place to start your career and learn what it takes to run a business. They give you the opportunity to make decisions on your own, grow your location in a manner that suits you and your local team. The continued growth of Grimco shows just how great management is and the people they hire.
Fast-paced work environment
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Great sales experience coming out of college. You learn something new everyday, very fast-paced. Promotion and relocation opportunities if you prove your success and grow territory.
below average working conditions but great relationship with co-workers
Courier/Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at Grimco consisted of arriving to work by 8:30am, loading up the trucks, and if you had to make any deliveries, then getting them done before 12pm. Lunch or a break could be taken at any time, as long as it was only an hour, once a day. Loading trucks resumes around 12:30 and then you repeat the morning process and attempt to finish loading or any deliveries before 5pm. I learned a great deal about packing and loading materials and how ton manage an inventory system. my co-workers were very friendly and helpful and consistently gave me advice or help.
Printing signs all across USA
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Owensville, MOJuly 26, 2016
A very fast production place, a lot of forced overtime with low pay. Its hot in the summer so if your not use to the heat be careful.
Pros
free doughnuts every month
Great first job!
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
Perfect job out of college. Great opportunities to move up within the organization. Pay is low to start but hard work pays off in the long run!
Great place to work.
Warehouse/Install Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 15, 2016
7am open warehouse
7:30 start loading delivery trucks
8:30 cycle counts
9-430 normal warehouse duties, receiving ,cleaning and stocking/organizing shelves.
Pros
good people
Cons
really the first place I have no complants about.
Run Away
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 5, 2015
The job wouldnt be that bad if it wasnt for the bosses. Prepare to be micromanaged to a level that you didnt know existed. The pay raises are next to nothing, and there is 0 commission your first year. once you do get it, it is less than 1% of sales. This place is a trap. The Chicago branch has hired and fired 6 people in the course of the last year.
Pros
It does pay the bills.
Cons
micromanagement, forced to skip lunch, scare tactics
Terrible culture, terrible management, horrible HR
Sales Specialist, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  EastApril 5, 2015
Let us start first with their Technology. They are using AS400 still, which is software that was outdated in the early 90's. Their IT has a terrible time managing it, and the employees have a terrible time using it.

The company has a lot of small branches that are attached to warehouses. This means that the office is always hot or cold, combined with dirt. The worst part however is the fact that the offices are tiny and the management does not even provide cleaning crews for bathrooms. The main headquarters however, does get this luxury. If your co-workers are terrible, your job will be too because you are sitting in one open room with no cubical walls. Everything is seen, everything is heard. If you're on the phone and a co-worker is being loud - your customer will hear both conversations.

The company encourages bashing each other. They call it healthy competition, but it is usually just emails blasted out to everyone in the region calling you out for things that are insignificant. "So and so had a great day yesterday in sales but only made 28 phone calls, so and so really should step up their game".

If you live in an area with bad weather, prepare to risk your life for the company. You will go in no matter what. It doesn't matter that the customers in your area won't be calling in. It doesn't matter that even if they did call in, that there are other offices available to answer the 5 roll over calls. You will still need to arrive and on time. Corporate makes the call even though they are not in the area to see what the conditions really are.

The company had
  more... their first Christmas party a few years ago. It was held at the corporate location and only that location could attend obviously due to distance. They did nothing for any of the other branches at Christmas, and then proceeded to post photos on the internal website to show what a great time they had. This is their culture.  less
Pros
You learn a lot about the sign industry which is interesting, you
Cons
low pay, HORRIBLE culture, horrible HR
Great Opportunity to learn/grow
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wayne,MINovember 21, 2014
Grimco Inc. gives their employees an incredible opportunity to learn all aspects of business. Employees are involved in inventory regulation, purchasing, sales, logistics in addition to other areas of business.

A typical day on the job would be making/taking inbound and outbound calls hoping to earn business and grow your local branch as well as the company as a whole. Grimco allows you to be very involved and take ownership in what you are doing.

The atmosphere at Grimco is great. Teamwork is vital in the success of the company. It is a younger age demographic with hungry, aggressive sales representatives. However, it is not competitive with co-workers because everyone is working together to achieve the goals presented by management.

Upper management is highly accessible and willing to help their employees in any way possible. They do their best to put their employees and company in a position to succeed and grow.

Overall, I would highly recommend Grimco especially for an entry level position. It allows for growth and teaches you the in's and out's of how to run a company!
Pros
Good work/life balance, team oriented, fun
Cons
Vacation Days, Compensation
Great work environment and fellow co-workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 29, 2014
-- Ability to maintain safe driving record
-- Provide excellent customer service
-- Maintain proper vehicle maintenance
-- Ensure proper documentation
-- Use effective time management skills
-- Ensure reliability of provided services
Decent company, very low pay
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 5, 2013
Grimco provides a pretty ho-hum experience. It's your standard sales job. Sit at a desk most days making outbound cold calls, occasionally take in an incoming call or walk in customer. A few times a month, hit the road to visit customer's in their locations.

If you feel comfortable going through the motions in the sales world, there isn't really much I could say bad though, everything was very average, neither great nor bad, except the pay was somewhat low.
Pros
Ability to leave the office once or twice a week to make in-store visits.
Cons
Low salary, small bonus ability
Great people working along side you. Always busy and great atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 6, 2012
As a sales rep a typical day involves calling multiple accounts to see if they know about certain specials going on. Closings are a huge deal with this company so i try to get our customers to buy the materials from us that they may currently purchase elswhere. My daily goal is to make Grimco a "one stop shop" for anyone who needs us for their sign making needs.
My management is very goal oriented and a huge push on our sales team and warehouse crew. They expect nothing but the best. The most difficult part of this job is handling the customer load and deadlines. This is due to being short handed and working in a very small shop. Before Grimco I never had a job as a phone salesman. I learned how to talk to customers in a more personal manner and i feel it really helped me build a strong relationship with my clients.
Pros
a lot of free lunches
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grimco. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9