Grocers Supply Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 14, 2018
Hard job must be team oriented and skilled at multiple things Must get used to working long nights and being productive for long periods of time.Real fast pace environment
Hired Full Time But Zero Working Hours
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
I was hired on full time, went through training and started working my schedule. My hours were quickly cut back because they wanted to only have their experienced workers on the clock. I would get messaged daily that I didn't need to come in. Basically they'll hire you on full-time and then use you for on-call staffing.
Pros
climate controlled
Cons
no working hours
Its okay
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 16, 2018
Have to Be In shape, very cool co workers , management is not too friendly . Very long work hours which could be a plus sometimes. Not really a place for advancement but good pay overall
Typical day included
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
My duties at Grocers Supply included manning the various positions both for order selection and shipping, adjusting according to volume and employee call out. reducing man hours whenever possible.
I would track attendance and performance of 30 employees. Expediting rush orders through the selection and shipment process. Hiring, training and reviewing employees on job performance and discuss fractions in safety, attendance and work rules.
In six years our warehouse has twice had two years of no loss time accidents.
Terrible Place to work
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 2, 2018
If you want a job that values their employees this place is not for you. They treat you like you are not a human being nor have feelings. Work\home balance is not balanced.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Family environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
Typical workday is fast-paced, but always interesting. I learned how to communicate with vendors, in the interest of the company. Management wants drivers to abide by all safety regulations.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Post Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Company cares about employee
Employee appreciation lunch yearly
Turkey given to employee yearly
Christmas bonus yearly
Employee pot luck for Thanksgiving
Pros
yearly town hall meeting
Cons
medical insurance could be better
it was a small company i worked at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
this was a small company i worked at somewhere by the airport (think it was hobby ) it was my first time driving a forklift . we use the forklift to load and unload trucks .then we breakdown the pallets and stocked items in the warehouse. the only hard part was learning to drive the forklift , but it was a good job
Nice people to work with
Selector/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
its a fast pace environment very hot in summer and super cold in winter and the time to go in is at 4AM you never know when you going home and its a 7 day rotating shift
Pros
incentive
Cons
brakes every two hrs
Big company no growth
DISPATCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2018
Grocers Supply is a company that will provide opportunity but no advancement to grow. To grow and advance is hard to do here. The drivers are great here and hard working
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management
Productive and very family oriented place.
Super Serv Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2018
If possible I would love to go back. the whole Grocers Supply community was amazing to work with. everyone always willing to help one another. made amazing long life friends.
Pros
wellness center/credit union
Horrible
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
The managers are awful, there is no set time to when you’re getting off. Employees do not care about the job. They pay good but it’s not worth killing your body over
Fast-paced, On-production atmosphere
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
My work-day begins at 1:00 pm daily...After clocking in, I have to suit-up in my freezer suit, get my equipment (forklift), long on-to the equipment & begin my day of replenishing the product on the dock for the selectors to fulfill their orders. My work-day usually ends approximately 1:00 am.
interesting experience
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Grocers Supply was a fun experience. If they would hire a brand new management staff it would be a better company. referring to the warehouse on 3131 Holcombe Blvd. The staff there is still trying to operate from Grocers Supply stand point, and not understand C&S regulations. so its like they're clashing with each other, company vs employees . Too many individuals receiving titles for management and none of them are making the company or the job inviting.
Pros
considering birthdays with cake in the break room
Cons
mis leadership, no advancement, abuses authority
not a good job to keep long term.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
usually I say great things about a work place but this one has to be one of the worse and I am not bashing them this is facts that you can look up and see for yourself. One big thing is they will not pay you what your worth at this job, has many racial issues set against them. While working there I was one of there best workers and never complained unless things were to unfair for workers and I mean any worker.
Pros
pays
Cons
working inviorment unhealthy and job status is not secure
Great Place
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
This is a fun and friendly place. When I'm at work it's something to always keep you busy if you a busy person. I would recommend this job to any of my fellow colluges.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No cons
Grocery supply is a fast place to go if u wanna make a fast check
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77021February 6, 2018
I only worked there a few months due to a bad manager but I can say the few months i worked there i was able to save for a car. So if u like a fast paced job that is the place to be
Pros
Quick money
Cons
Bad management
productive work enviroment
Merchandise selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
grocers supply co has productive work environment, room for advancement, paid time off good place to work, supervisors at warehouse level with good attitude.
Horrible
Tote Off Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
The Management is poor. They do not care about their employees. Grocers Supply will over work you. They also have poor working conditions. It would always leak throughout the building.
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
management, conditions
very cut throat
Warehouse Manager / Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
The company was a very good company but had issues with some of the management due to too much of the buddy system. advances and increases were not equal which in fact is discriminatory. I am glad to see that some of those "old timers" are retiring as it gives others the ability to advance.
Pros
great local employees
Cons
management