Grocery Outlet Employee Reviews

A fun work place to be in.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2018
The management was very fair and respectful. I love the opportunity that was giving to me working a department manager. I made nice friend until this day we are still closed. This job challenge my responsibility to become successful everyday in the work field.
Pros
great environment.
Cons
No room for improvement
It’s Ok.
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dinuba, CAMay 14, 2018
Good place to work. Always able to stay busy. However the bosses have their favorites. There’s a lot of drama at this place. But the work is good. Good luck.
Its ok
Cashier/Sales Floor/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAMay 14, 2018
I loved my coworkers, they were great. Friendly. Management was a bust, the main one was very strict. He would hardly speak to you and made you feel incompetent. If you asked for a day off he would get mad, if you asked to switch schedules he would get made. Over-all they are good people. they just have an unrealistic expectation. This place has new people every week.
Pros
Coworkers/ flexible schedule
Cons
Managment
Located in a bad part of town with really awesome workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 5, 2018
While I worked at GO, I worked with some of the friendliest people I've ever met. One of them knew my brother and friend. The location is unfortunate as it caused anxiety to the point where I resumed school faster than I wanted to.
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAMay 4, 2018
I liked being a cashier but grocery outlet expected to much in so lil time they got mad for petty things they were pushy and rude if u didn't hang up the phone right or u forgot to say thank u over the intercom they were mad if u didn't finish yr duties or you didn't ring up yr customers fast enough they were mad. They treated there family members better and gave them more hrs.They had a lot of unhappy workers
Pros
Customers
Cons
Poor management
Customer service with lots of experience
Cashier, Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 3, 2018
Change prices on a hand held that was priced wrong for customer satisfaction. Learned to have patience always even when a customer was angry or upset. It was a fast paced work environment so it was non stop and I enjoyed going to work every day. Helping customers to their car with their groceries or lifting stuff for them and the Boos coming up to you saying the customer was happy and will return to shop!
Pros
Wear what you wanted
Cons
healthcare
Fast pace environment,loves helping customers.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMay 2, 2018
a very fun place to work,if you love working with the public.I love assisting customers,in any way I can.I learned alot about managing a store.The hardest part is preparing for inventory,and the most enjoyable,would be helping customers..
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work with a lot of great people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearlake, CAMay 1, 2018
I loved my job at grocery outlet, but unfortunately it didn't work out due to some issues with employees. Most of the management was great and I am sad that I am no longer at the store, it was a job I loved and cherished.
Pros
Most management was great and very helpful
Cons
No health care, a very gossipy store & too many people in peoples business that they had no reason to be in.
Relaxed but Quick paced Enviroment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMay 1, 2018
There was nothing hard about my job. i loved it. Its a great environment with a lot of great co workers. Everyone got along with each other and we helped each other out. It was quick paced because you have customers to tend to so you have to be fast paced but accurate at the same time.
Rewarding experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAApril 30, 2018
For the short time that I worked here, it was very rewarding to hear the compliments and see the smiles on customers when they received good service. The manager there was also very friendly, supportive, and engaging, he always made himself present and never stood in the backlines.
Pros
Discounts, friendly environment
Great coworkers
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 28, 2018
It was great working there , but it’s sorta stressful. The manager was very rude... we did have great hours tho. They lack so much on safety. I they don’t follow rules. I wouldn’t recommend grocery outlet for anyone’s first job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
management is understanding
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLApril 25, 2018
The pay sucks big time, but the managers are really understanding on certain things. The hours are horrible. They will work you to death and pay you as little as possible.
Cool easy job
Caretaker/caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2018
Fun and easy place to work but never guaranteed work hours! We had great owners who were family oriented and loved all of us but they moved onto another store. Sadly new owners = new changes and less hours...
good for first time job
Cashier/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 23, 2018
It was a good experience for those who don't know where to start looking for a job. It gives you the customer services experience that mostly other company's are looking for.
Enjoyed customer interactions and being helpful to others
Hubbens Supermarket (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAApril 20, 2018
Very competitive fast paced environment which keeps employees busy and productive. I enjoyed my stay because the customers and employees were bith very nice.
Pros
Fast paced
Hard place to work
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonApril 19, 2018
Workers are not very happy. Low pay, long hours. No week ends, no benefits. Employees come and go. No Team work. Owners and Store Manager are fair but still the pay is low.
Pros
job security
Cons
low pay
productive
Freight Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  National City, CAApril 18, 2018
do milk/egg order, fill milk and juice doors write down stuff that needs to be restocked ,build 2 uboats of of what needs to be taken out , do markdowns , print tags for items
Pros
work at own pace
Cons
too many responsablities for 1 person
Worst environment you could think of
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florence, ORApril 15, 2018
I've never been to a workplace so discriminating, carless, greedy and disrespectful. Favoritism is their key. They lied to me about several things such as paying to be part of the casino's local program (you don't pay you get paid). I never was trained properly and was falsely accused of theft on multiple accounts. (Each store is independently owned, making each and every one of them different)
Pros
Cons
Lying greedy management, garbage food, discrimination, favoritism, constantly hiring new employees, understaffed by choice, I could go on and on
decent work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 14, 2018
good job for temporary work not an establishment for a career. job is great and always busy, customers are rude, co workers were never happy, management sucks
Family!
Cashier, Team member (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 12, 2018
Grocery Outlet was an amazing place to work! We all got along so well, it felt like a big family! A typical day was usually busy day, which were the best days because I enjoy fast paced environments. I learned a lot there, I picked up new skills and learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating bonds and friendships with my customers, I was a lot of people's favorite cashier and that made me happier than I could put into words. It was an amazing place to work!
Pros
Hour lunches, amazing inventory and holiday bonuses, customers and employees were the best to work with!
Cons
Some people didn't do their jobs correctly which was frustrating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grocery Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight