Grocery Outlet Employee Reviews

Food Lion
Food Lion Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 17, 2019
I like the job food lion and sometimes I wish I was back there. The people were friendly so were the workers. I didn't like the t-shirts and all you can wear was black policy.
Pros
Customer
Cons
Getting Cartd
Pretty typical grocery work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 13, 2019
It's just cashiering most of the time, though if the owners like you they'll put you on the floor where there's more variety of tasks. If you make it to one year of employment you get paid vacation, but only a handful of people make it that far, people are fired and replaced extremely quickly and often.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Low job security
ok job
San Leandro CA Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 13, 2019
if you're a college student this is the place for you. They are very flexible with days but you have no benefits and pay is low. its a good place to start and then move on. Management are fun to work with and the job culture is great very diverse.
Pros
flexible
Cons
work weekends
Not Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland, CA 95963March 13, 2019
I was constantly pushed further and further back as a cashier at GO. I think the only reason I was hired was because they needed a guy to balance out the all-female cashier line, so it felt like after I filled that role they just wanted to be rid of me, cutting my hours until I went from working 9 days in a row with no break to just once a week. Not sad I left.
Good for a first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  York, PA 17404March 12, 2019
If you're looking to get your first job, this is a great place to start with great people. The owners are amazing individuals and the managers are great people as well.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay
Very quiet place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 12, 2019
I learned how to count money fast and and to weight fruits and vegetables very friendly job with very nice customers stays busy all day so I would always hav esomething to do
Pros
Discounts on store items
Cons
10 min breaks
Great people to work for and with.
General merchan (Current Employee) –  Lakeport, CAMarch 9, 2019
i have worked my way up from the the lower positions in the store and have made a decent impact in the departments. I've learned how to stock the shelves and coolers and then passed that on through training to the others stockers.
Pros
Great people and great bosses.
its a fine place to work
Front End Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 8, 2019
It was a fast paced, busy workplace. What I liked most was their emphasis on customer service. No long lines, endless searching, or surly cashiers at Grocery Outlet.
fast paced, friendly
Dedicated Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 7, 2019
Good management team. Work as a team. Good customer base. Needs to be more aggressive with technology and looking ahead to the future. Needs to improve in benefits for associates and lack of salary increases.
Drama
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 6, 2019
Too much drama with this place than one can handle. It's best to keep your head down at small stores like this. Don't try to interact with people and keep to yourself. Just focus on the customer.
Fun and fast pace very family oriented
Grocery Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 4, 2019
I have absolutely enjoyed working for this company, I've traveled across the country twice for this company they treat me well they paid me well but unfortunately the store I work for is going out of business, and I've been asked to take a severance package so I'm looking for new employment
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Being short handed
Horrible Place to work
Deli Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lakeport, CAMarch 4, 2019
The management is extremely prejudiced when it comes to non-family members who work there. They are constantly looking for reasons to terminate their employees. The turn-over rate is absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
Full-time hours
Cons
Terrible Store Management
Fun and great for talking to new people
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 2, 2019
Grocery outlet was great for meeting new people and it was very fun to work with people who has a great attitude. The environment was happy, the people always had smiles on there faces.
Pros
Dicount
Cons
had to wear a sweatshirt under my work shirt
Drama and intense workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 23, 2019
Management is hard to get along with and unprofessional at many times. They pick and choose favorites and treat others unfairly. A typical day is staying at the register at all times and caring for customers.
Nice managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 22, 2019
The managers and employees treated me like family and were always available to help with whatever anyone needed. The general managers never forget you after you leave!
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
No benefits
Pretty cool place
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 22, 2019
Its a good starter job when I worked here it was very cool the people I worked with were just as cool as can be laid back weren't annoying or strict really liked it there too bad I moved but it was my first job but don't think just because my experience was cool doesn't mean everyone will have the same one it just depends the people you work with
Pros
amazing place
Cons
Nothing really wrong with the place
Great team to work with
Discount grocery (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I really enjoyed working there. It’s a store that the food and other things are cheaper then other store bc some is outdated. But you could still sale was still safe to eat. Got to meet different people everyday!
Cons
I hour break for lunch
It was sort of worth it working here
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 20, 2019
I was told that they wouldnt let me go if i tried to quit because i was one of there best workers there i got along with all the employees and always got the job done.
Pros
Good hot breaks
Cons
Breaks were nice
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 20, 2019
I loved my job at Grocery Outlet, unfortunately I had to move. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers, they were like family.
This place wanted the best from you to only pay minimum wage.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2019
I worked at this place for a year and in that year I was lied to miss treated and taken advantage of.
When I first got hired I was told there is room to grow move up and get bonuses .what I come to find out is for the forst 4 months is that there is favouritism and that the owners would not look into complaints but just go off of what a 22 year old manager says.
Pros
We had 10% off shopping
Cons
Ownership leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grocery Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight