Groundwater & Environmental Services Employee Review

View all Groundwater & Environmental Services reviews

Only if you really need a job...
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Marcellus Shale RegionApril 23, 2013
Mundane and monotonous routine. Management was not interested in training junior employees. Excessive travel for below average compensation was the norm. Mass hiring and subsequent layoffs were commonplace. There was an extremely high turnover rate amongst employees that weren't laid off. Morale was extremely low during the entirety of my tenure with the company. Not a conducive environment for a burgeoning career as a scientist.
Pros
...
Cons
numerous.

Other Groundwater & Environmental Services Employee Reviews

Poorly managed at best
Jr. Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2017
Terrible management, high turnover rate, and deplorable work life balance.

The interview is the only time a hiring manager will respect anything you have to say.

After your 1 week crash course they call a training seminar, you are thrown to the sharks and left to fully furnish your company vehicle with everything you could ever need while in the field. This is costly and Its expected that you pay for everything: tools, tolls, gas, etc.

While I was hired to work out of the office in western PA, my PM was in Philly and was impossible to communicate my needs to. Again, while I was hired to work out of western PA, an overwhelming majority my time was spent driving to central and eastern PA to work. This required weekly hotel stays and a depressing work life balance.

Do not work here. Do not accept contract work with promises of a full time position. You deserve better.
Pros
Competitive pay, high safety standards
Cons
Everything else
Good Folks
Principal Scientist / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 26, 2017
Good Outfit. Good people. Good team. Good office. Close to home, no overnight stays. Relaxed environment, kid friendly. Great place to develop a career.
Pros
Free lunches