Group O Employee Reviews

They suck
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 15, 2018
The people can be nice but if you upset a full time worker and you're only a temp, they can get you fired, they dont give leeway if your sick or have a family emergency, if you miss 'too often' you're done no matter what the circumstances are.
Good people to work with
Customer Service Representative/Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 13, 2018
The departments lack communication between them causing unnecessary issues. Computers freeze regularly. Supervisors do not know enough about the work the people under them do to be available to assist. Low raises that take longer than 1 year to get. To get a new position, you need to know or be related to someone higher up or have a degree and not yet with Group O.
Pros
They like to keep the building nice? (break room, stairs, put 20+ plants on the wall in the hallway) to make it look nice
Cons
Low raises and pay, no care about retention of employees
Yeah ok if you like drama
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 31, 2018
Never go back there an management dont have a clue to what's going on in there but besides that some in there are really nice peoples an then u have the ☝
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXAugust 21, 2018
A lot of misleading information with this company. Customers will be promised a certain amount of money and will never received what is promised. They say this company is family orientate but will get employees in trouble for family emergencies.
Pros
Occasional prizes you can earn
Cons
Stressful work place
Fun place to work.
Rewards Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXAugust 12, 2018
I love working at group o. Its a great place to work very friendly managers etc. I would recommend this place to any one who need a job. The training is great and very knowledgeable. I love my hours and there's room for job advancement.
good people to work with
packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 31, 2018
sometimes u would go into work and not have anything to do no raises and no advancement oppurtunity i like my job but we went frim 10 hour days 6 days a week to 7 hours a day 5 days a week
Poorly Managed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 30, 2018
Very unorganized
does not listen to employees or supervisors on what works and what dont
change rules as they go
all rules do not apply to everyone
are not competative in wages
no incentive to become a core employee
Pros
Na
Cons
Wages
It a great place to work at.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJune 16, 2018
Its a good place to work at get alone with ppls very well. If you need help with anything its always someone coming to help you finish a pack thats due the next day.
Pros
Good vending
Cons
Breaks to short
Upper management is biggest downside of company
Warehouse Packer and Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 28, 2018
I took this job to make money for the summer and that is pretty much all that it's good for. The supervisors directly above the average worker care about the people under them. However, the warehouse managers only care about the bottom line, pushing workers to complete nearly impossible deadlines that were disclosed to them often the very day a shipment was due to go out.
Over worked and under paid
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 15, 2018
Way under value their employees. No yearly review with any type of pay raise. Expects you to work Saturday and Sunday with no compensation. They will work 21 days straight 14 hour days and then you get one day off for compensation. They need to wake up and start rewarding their employees
Pros
Good Heart Employees
Cons
Manager, Work Hours Pay Scale
Productive place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company ...wish the job could have lasted longer. The supervisors were nice and did not mind helping. This was my first job as an Auditor i really like the experience.
Pros
Supervisors easy to get along with
Cons
Had to work as temp before hired into the company
good job for a beginner in the warehouse field
picker (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILFebruary 12, 2018
fun coworkers and lower management. consideration for employee ideas and concerns and improvements and safety. good time off and benefits and 401k and equipment payment help.
Cons
very few raises and expect a lot of work for little compensation
Relaxed environment
Pre-Packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 24, 2018
My job here involved us preparing kits to be packed and shipped out. Each kit had a number of parts to organize and prepare. Our amount of work was dependent on the pickers and how quickly they were able to find the parts we needed to pre-pack.
relaxable work place
Packer/kitter/Mentor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 7, 2018
Group O is a place where you can work without headache.I can work there 7 days a week without complaining. I will highly recommend this company to anyone who want to work stress free.
I really wish they can raise the pay a little bit.
Workers are so friendly so the management.Ireally love and enjoy working at Group O.
Bad place to work.
Kitter/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 3, 2018
They'll hire anybody here and it shows, the turn over rate for new hires is insane. Management doesn't care for the most part and they'll easily throw you under the bus to get what they want or need. Little to no advancement and very unprofessional.
Stay clear from this place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXDecember 15, 2017
They will tell you that they are such a family oriented company but they anything but that, your first paycheck will be a paper check regardless if you set up direct deposit. At start they will treat you like you if you’re their best friend but once you sign all the documents they ask you to sign you’re their property. You cannot take your cell phone with you on site regardless if you have kids or a family.
Cons
Everything stated
Fun place to work
Purchasing Analyst - Bearings for Caterpillar (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILDecember 4, 2017
very active in the community
celebrated monthly birthdays for the entire company
acknowledged with awards when anyone went above and beyond their job skills.
They have a fun at work committee, taco day, ice cream day, breakfast burrito sales.
numerous company lunches
Pros
Active in the community
Cons
low pay
Great people great benefits
SQL Server Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2017
Great place to work. I was never treated like a contacter. The best thing about Group O for me was, they left me alone to do my work. No micromanaging.
Great people in high-stress environment
O2 Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Group O but the department I was working in was eliminated.

I would have liked to have stayed there but was unable to fill another position at the time.

The hardest part of the job was meeting constant deadlines; there was little to no downtime.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the optimization aspect of the company's purpose. It was intriguing!
Pros
People
Cons
High stress
Group O
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILNovember 13, 2017
You go in start working on kits for Caterpillar. In the summer was real hot and in the winter was real cold in there. I was there for 12 years and did not get good raises. There was alot of favortitism.
Pros
food
Cons
The management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group O. Our community is ready to answer.