Group O Employee Reviews

Nice people / Blue Jeans allowed as dress code
Purchasing Associate, IPS & Kitting (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 24, 2018
Group O is striving for excellence and team building to reach goals to be the best and serve their customers well. Dress comfortably in your decent looking blue jeans, but be prepared to be busy maintaining expectations.
Pros
Several free meals throughout the year
Cons
Only two personal/sick days per year
Group O
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILOctober 23, 2018
I have been at Group O for 10 months and I hate my job. They did not finish my sales training then expected me to sell the service that I was not trained for. I was wrote up twice for not selling the product that they refused to train me for and due to the lack of training I was not able to meet my goals. Which were the same as everyone who had the full training. So I was not fully trained and still expected to meet the same goals as everyone else or get wrote up. So I hate my job and am looking for a new one. I would never recommend Group O to anyone.
Pros
i have a job
Cons
everything
Sales Agent Representative
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILOctober 8, 2018
Consult with customers to recommend and sale a variety of products and services to meet the customer’s need. Assisting customer to process reward for newly installed services. Great company to work for if you love the customer services aspect of the job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Stressful
productive
INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Group o is one of the most fun and relaxed workplace.the managers and supervisors work closely with the employees to ensure everything is done in the proper way
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Poor management
Sr. EDI Analyst, Service Now Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 24, 2018
In the IT department, things depend on which group you're in.

In the group I was in (application analysts), management is not proactive. They play favorites with their employees and ignore others.

They allow their favorites to stay as a clique and not support the rest of the team.

Management is a little fearful of this inner clique, not wanting the "rock the boat". It's a dysfunctional situation that has been allowed to fester for years.

I'm very glad to be out of this toxic and abusive department. They're unprofessional and often childish. Some are actual bullies. Management doesn't stop the worst of them from harassing whoever they don't like. The inner clique acts like 3rd graders. It's unbelievable that adults act so immaturely.

I complained to Human Resources about the harassment & bullying behaviors. But, nothing was done to correct it.
Pros
Basic employmennt
Cons
Poor management & cliquish employees
They suck
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 15, 2018
The people can be nice but if you upset a full time worker and you're only a temp, they can get you fired, they dont give leeway if your sick or have a family emergency, if you miss 'too often' you're done no matter what the circumstances are.
Good people to work with
Customer Service Representative/Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 13, 2018
The departments lack communication between them causing unnecessary issues. Computers freeze regularly. Supervisors do not know enough about the work the people under them do to be available to assist. Low raises that take longer than 1 year to get. To get a new position, you need to know or be related to someone higher up or have a degree and not yet with Group O.
Pros
They like to keep the building nice? (break room, stairs, put 20+ plants on the wall in the hallway) to make it look nice
Cons
Low raises and pay, no care about retention of employees
Yeah ok if you like drama
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 31, 2018
Never go back there an management dont have a clue to what's going on in there but besides that some in there are really nice peoples an then u have the ☝
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXAugust 21, 2018
A lot of misleading information with this company. Customers will be promised a certain amount of money and will never received what is promised. They say this company is family orientate but will get employees in trouble for family emergencies.
Pros
Occasional prizes you can earn
Cons
Stressful work place
Fun place to work.
Rewards Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXAugust 12, 2018
I love working at group o. Its a great place to work very friendly managers etc. I would recommend this place to any one who need a job. The training is great and very knowledgeable. I love my hours and there's room for job advancement.
Nice comfortable work environment friendly
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILAugust 8, 2018
Some one always there to help if something you might don't understand. Friendly people good training staff very nice and helpful. Was kinda fast paced but not stressful.
Pros
Friendly staff and helpful
Cons
Mandatory overtime
good people to work with
packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 31, 2018
sometimes u would go into work and not have anything to do no raises and no advancement oppurtunity i like my job but we went frim 10 hour days 6 days a week to 7 hours a day 5 days a week
Poorly Managed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 30, 2018
Very unorganized
does not listen to employees or supervisors on what works and what dont
change rules as they go
all rules do not apply to everyone
are not competative in wages
no incentive to become a core employee
Pros
Na
Cons
Wages
It a great place to work at.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJune 16, 2018
Its a good place to work at get alone with ppls very well. If you need help with anything its always someone coming to help you finish a pack thats due the next day.
Pros
Good vending
Cons
Breaks to short
Upper management is biggest downside of company
Warehouse Packer and Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 28, 2018
I took this job to make money for the summer and that is pretty much all that it's good for. The supervisors directly above the average worker care about the people under them. However, the warehouse managers only care about the bottom line, pushing workers to complete nearly impossible deadlines that were disclosed to them often the very day a shipment was due to go out.
Over worked and under paid
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 15, 2018
Way under value their employees. No yearly review with any type of pay raise. Expects you to work Saturday and Sunday with no compensation. They will work 21 days straight 14 hour days and then you get one day off for compensation. They need to wake up and start rewarding their employees
Pros
Good Heart Employees
Cons
Manager, Work Hours Pay Scale
Its ok
Quality (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILMay 7, 2018
Once was a great company to work for. Hard work goes unnoticed at times. When management is under pressure everyone feels it. They do feed their employees. Best part of the job is no weekends and most holidays off.
Pros
they feed you often
Cons
management
Productive place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company ...wish the job could have lasted longer. The supervisors were nice and did not mind helping. This was my first job as an Auditor i really like the experience.
Pros
Supervisors easy to get along with
Cons
Had to work as temp before hired into the company
good job for a beginner in the warehouse field
picker (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILFebruary 12, 2018
fun coworkers and lower management. consideration for employee ideas and concerns and improvements and safety. good time off and benefits and 401k and equipment payment help.
Cons
very few raises and expect a lot of work for little compensation
Relaxed environment
Pre-Packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 24, 2018
My job here involved us preparing kits to be packed and shipped out. Each kit had a number of parts to organize and prepare. Our amount of work was dependent on the pickers and how quickly they were able to find the parts we needed to pre-pack.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group O. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about