Group O Employee Reviews

Upper management is biggest downside of company
Warehouse Packer and Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 28, 2018
I took this job to make money for the summer and that is pretty much all that it's good for. The supervisors directly above the average worker care about the people under them. However, the warehouse managers only care about the bottom line, pushing workers to complete nearly impossible deadlines that were disclosed to them often the very day a shipment was due to go out.
Over worked and under paid
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 15, 2018
Way under value their employees. No yearly review with any type of pay raise. Expects you to work Saturday and Sunday with no compensation. They will work 21 days straight 14 hour days and then you get one day off for compensation. They need to wake up and start rewarding their employees
Pros
Good Heart Employees
Cons
Manager, Work Hours Pay Scale
Productive place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company ...wish the job could have lasted longer. The supervisors were nice and did not mind helping. This was my first job as an Auditor i really like the experience.
Pros
Supervisors easy to get along with
Cons
Had to work as temp before hired into the company
good job for a beginner in the warehouse field
picker (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILFebruary 12, 2018
fun coworkers and lower management. consideration for employee ideas and concerns and improvements and safety. good time off and benefits and 401k and equipment payment help.
Cons
very few raises and expect a lot of work for little compensation
Relaxed environment
Pre-Packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 24, 2018
My job here involved us preparing kits to be packed and shipped out. Each kit had a number of parts to organize and prepare. Our amount of work was dependent on the pickers and how quickly they were able to find the parts we needed to pre-pack.
relaxable work place
Packer/kitter/Mentor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 7, 2018
Group O is a place where you can work without headache.I can work there 7 days a week without complaining. I will highly recommend this company to anyone who want to work stress free.
I really wish they can raise the pay a little bit.
Workers are so friendly so the management.Ireally love and enjoy working at Group O.
Bad place to work.
Kitter/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 3, 2018
They'll hire anybody here and it shows, the turn over rate for new hires is insane. Management doesn't care for the most part and they'll easily throw you under the bus to get what they want or need. Little to no advancement and very unprofessional.
Stay clear from this place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXDecember 15, 2017
They will tell you that they are such a family oriented company but they anything but that, your first paycheck will be a paper check regardless if you set up direct deposit. At start they will treat you like you if you’re their best friend but once you sign all the documents they ask you to sign you’re their property. You cannot take your cell phone with you on site regardless if you have kids or a family.
Cons
Everything stated
Fun place to work
Purchasing Analyst - Bearings for Caterpillar (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILDecember 4, 2017
very active in the community
celebrated monthly birthdays for the entire company
acknowledged with awards when anyone went above and beyond their job skills.
They have a fun at work committee, taco day, ice cream day, breakfast burrito sales.
numerous company lunches
Pros
Active in the community
Cons
low pay
Great people great benefits
SQL Server Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2017
Great place to work. I was never treated like a contacter. The best thing about Group O for me was, they left me alone to do my work. No micromanaging.

Want to know more about Group O?

Ask a question
Great people in high-stress environment
O2 Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Group O but the department I was working in was eliminated.

I would have liked to have stayed there but was unable to fill another position at the time.

The hardest part of the job was meeting constant deadlines; there was little to no downtime.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the optimization aspect of the company's purpose. It was intriguing!
Pros
People
Cons
High stress
Group O
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILNovember 13, 2017
You go in start working on kits for Caterpillar. In the summer was real hot and in the winter was real cold in there. I was there for 12 years and did not get good raises. There was alot of favortitism.
Pros
food
Cons
The management
Productive, low stress environment. Great place to work and steady work at that.
Picker (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 6, 2017
I enjoy my work here and hope to further my career with Group O. Becoming a core employee and a real part of the team is very important to me. I can tell this is an establishment with a high standard for production quality and just as high of standards for it's care of the employees.
Pros
Sufficient break time, low stress, simple concepts..
Cons
I'm only a temp
Fun environment but challenging management
Corporate Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 3, 2017
Fun environment but challenging management team that had been in place for a very long time (20+ years) and has an unwillingness to color outside of the lines. The culture is mixed as the headquarters is home to the management team and a call center.
Poor Upper Management
Lab Supervisor/Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2017
The director mirco-manage the team.
All small problems turns into major problems
The supervisors are over worked and under paid. They have to work longer hours.
Operations Manager (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXOctober 9, 2017
Over group O is a good place to work. in my division there are long hours that management doesn't get compensated for. There is to much upper management politics just to make a purchase.
Warehouse
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILSeptember 17, 2017
This was a third party company contracted through a manufacturer. The training was poor, then getting thrown straight into it. This company no longer exists.
Entry level opportunities
Inventory/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 12, 2017
Middle management is weak. Low pay. Most positions through a temp service. Poorly managed employees.Opportunity to learn, if self motivated. If offered a position, benefits are fair. Keep in mind the health insurance plan is a wellness plan. Increased rates if you are a smoker and if you do not get annual physicals.

Supervisors do not give annual reviews as promised.
Pros
Work for large clients, Opportunities to travel, Difficult to be fired from this company if you are hired on.
Cons
Poorly managed workforce
They are the worst companies I have ever worked for
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 6, 2017
The work environment was terrible. They do not pay what they are supposed to. It is bad to let your opinions be heard. Often cut employees without notice.
no work advancement
Pick/Packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 24, 2017
We had excellent co-workers. We were not paid well. We were offered great training to perform our jobs well. The temperatures we fairly descent. The company did not offer great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group O. Our community is ready to answer.