Groupe Pénélope Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced
SALES ACCOCIATE/GREETER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 27, 2018
Someone who is looking for a job that is constantly moving this is it. I constantly would finish helping one customer and then move to the next. Very supportive team and I never felt unappreciated.
Pros
family environment, welcoming
Cons
no down time
Managers With Power Trips
Server, Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
I always make sure that when I do my job, I do it well and provide the best customer service that I can. I am a clean freak and make sure that whatever I used during my shift is cleaned and ready for the next shift. Management is micro-managing everything. Rearranging things you've placed in certain areas, cleaning things you've already cleaned, establishing new rules, or requests that does not push the company to a better standing. The co-owner is never present and when he is, he likes to behave as if he knows what is going on in the restaurant, when he hardly knows the menu's recipes.
They only care about money, they are hardly care about the customer and they really do not care about their employees. The one restaurant that doesn't let you have any benefit. Co-owner said, "this is a place where customer's come to feel comfortable, YOU should never feel comfortable" (you referring to the employees. There are many ways to go about wanting to ensure customer service is top notch, but I think letting your employees know that they are basically not welcome to feel like they belong takes away a sense of ownership. I would think (and anyone in the customer service industry knows) to provide good service, I must feel like I belong so that I can be inviting and useful to the customer. I learned a lot while I was there, but being watched constantly through a camera, and any move I made or didn't make received a phone call from upstairs as they watched me through the camera, walk over to answer the phone, only to be told to clean something if there were no customers.
Pros
Good food, good atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons
Management, poor decisions, no benefits, no advancement