GroupM Employee Reviews

Great place for all
Regional Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Groupm is a company where you define your own journey and experience. Whether you are a career enthusiast or a family oriented person looking for stability, you can find a space at groupm. It's one of the benefits of working for a large, multinational company.
Very Fast paced, low salary
Client Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
The culture at GroupM is young and relaxed in some departments, but not the finance department. The job is fast paced and stressful with very low compensation. Some managers are very nice and understanding while others have little patience and can be very nasty.
Some great coworkers, but aloof management
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2018
Upper management could be distracted, distant, not too helpful. Coworkers were generally friendly. As with other companies in the field of marketing analytics, the management had a hard time regulating work load so that it did not lead to late nights of work.
Wonderful work experience with just as wonderful employees
Assistant Office Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Working for GroupM was a wonderful experience. Management was very adamant about furthering your growth and knowledge within the company. Everyone was helpful and well rounded individuals. Very teamwork orientated. A typical day in the GroupM Atlanta office was fast pace. Lots of clients in and out of the office daily. Phones ringing nonstop, vendors coning with packages from the clients and employees sending packages to the clients or to co-workers in WPP offices. I would assist in supporting 13 OpCos (over 275 employees) in four suites on three different floors. Covering facility needs required as well as supervising three full time employees and two contracted employees. I learned how to allocate bills, process billing invoices, manage a team, support hundreds of employees, strong communication skills, strong written communication, multi-tasking, rise about stressful situations, staying calm and professional, contract/vendor bidding, and building out a new space.

The hardest part about my job was keeping organized. Without organization and order the job could not be done. I was responsible for so many tasks. If I did not maintain an organized filing system I would have been lost, unable to complete given tasks in a timely manner, and lost very important documents.

The most enjoyable part about my job was the clients and employees. It was such a diverse team. I loved the creative aspect of advertisement. Each employee brought something new and improved to the company.
Pros
growth, team work, creativity, two weeks off with pay the end of December yearly, ability to work from home
Cons
traffic, very long commute to work from my home
Poor Management, no career advancement
Lead Applications Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Working at GroupM was not bad at first, but after the merge and changes in management, things were not the same. With poor management and no leadership this place is not recommended as desirable to work.
Pros
One good thing about this place is you have an option to work from home
Cons
Poor management, no career advancement, no leadership
Great places to work
Lead QA Tester (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
excellent place to work and learn. great management to work for. tremendous growth. great people and great organization. plenty of opportunities to travel globally.
Good Management, Good Work/Life Balance, Agency Politics
Print Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2012
Great company to get your feet wet in the media world. Good work/life balance and management seems to care about your professional path.

Unfortunately. there's agency politics, but that seems to be the way of the business.

The compensation and benefits packages offered are definitely nothing to write home about- underpaid in comparison to all other media agencies I have heard others moving to.
Pros
after gaining trust, you have leeway in schedule of your day, hours, meetings
Cons
low compensation, benefits package
Used to be good
BROADCAST NEGOTIATOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2017
This used to be a great place to work. Some perks, definitely not what it used to be and benefits are decent. The growth process is very slow and as a result, talented people leave for other opportunities. Management tends to stay behind closed doors and needs to work on their communication skills.
Has changed alot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Not as great as it used to be. No loyalty to hard working employees and everyone is easily replaceable and made to feel as such. Nepotism runs high and unless you are great buds with senior management promotions are years and years in the making if at all. Glad to have left!!
Pros
holidays and generous paid time off and great medical benefits
Cons
Management, training, advancement, compensation, easily replaceable
Incompetent leadership
director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
The worst leadership team I have experienced in my career. Incompetence was rewarded. An inefficient org structure. Poor decision making. A bad business model.
Disorganized
Digital Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Wonderful work/life balance but management is extremely disorganized. Terrible salary and very little room to grow. Overall not a great experience.
Good Place to Learn
Group Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Can be challenging as depending on your role and which agency, roles and expectations aren't always well defined. You get to work on great brands, however; depending upon your level, salary doesn't always match work responsibilities. You need to be your own advocate. Being such a large agency has its pros and cons.
Politically Challenging
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
There are a lot of talented people who produce amazing things at GroupM. But loss aversion plagues upper management in these times of rapid change, which can slow down progress.

Working on a client for a Groupm operating company, such as Wavemaker, Mediacom or Mindshare is great, but working for operations at the Groupm holding company level is tough.
Fast-Paced Environment
Supervisor, Video Investment (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Workload and hours are client driven and widely vary depending on account. The building has two social spaces complete with couches, ping-pong tables and pool tables to help promote a fun and collaborative atmosphere.
Team Environment and overall Pleasure among co-workers.
Print Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
A typical day always fluctuates. I specialize in print media and have 4 clients that are currently active. Depending on the activity of the campaign different needs always surface. I manage two accounts that I have a direct report to and two accounts that I solely oversee. At any given point I am managing 8 other co-workers and overseeing 85 million dollars gross of my clients budgets. The management I do report to is great. They allow me key responsibilities with freedom and they have the trust in me to report directly to the clients and make very key very quick decisions. Never at any given moment have I ever mis-managed my clients nor their budgets. I am key person for gaining savings and have been key negotiator with all my vendors. Hardest part of my job is always making sure the clients are pleased with my work and the same time maintaining fruitful partnerships with the vendors and never burning bridges or becoming too selfish. Always understanding the business relationship on both sides has been a key characteristic I have mastered. With this the most enjoyable part of my job is never feeling uncomfortable and always feeling a team player.

I can honestly say that I have the most respect for my management however recently I have been given key responsibilities that should warrant and promotion and a title change, however I have not been given this and thus feel as though the track of advancement has been hindered due to account freezes with client spending down.

Ideally I feel that I have gained my knowledge in the agency field and would like to move my knowledge
  more... and expertise onto the client/in house side of things.  less
Pros
Work Environment, Level of respect, job responsibilities, Team work ethic
Cons
Road to advancement, Salary, benefits
Really?
Planner (Former Employee)October 25, 2011
If you want to work at a company that does not value you as a person. Work here. The management are the untouchables and the peons. The feudal system at its finest. They do not address problems, rather, they wait until they fester and destroy the relationship of the team, to make any actions. Seriously. This place is horrible.
Cons
long hours, terrible management, the culture no one socializes, the two guys who run the print group, dry work, evaporating marketplace
A first step into the media world
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2013
A great place to learn the basics in media. More often than not, issues or discrepancies are realized in the finance department. It is our job to resolve these issues by requesting additional information from vendors, planners, analysts and/or reviewing contracts or insertion orders. I've learned how to meet demanding deadlines and to communicate in a multi-level corporate environment. In my position, the hardest part of my job is knowing that there is no way to move up without waiting for someone to retire. My co-workers are the best part of the job.
Pros
Expericne, co-workers
Cons
No career path, very low pay, short lunch
great company
Print/Out-of-Home/Broadcast Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
Honestly was an amazing adventure, taking on new responsibilities and working with an amazing team. Learning new and different type of things to be ready for future jobs, Just a shame our work is done.
International company with a lot of moving parts with interesting and diverse people.
NA Service Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
GroupM is a very large company with many moving parts. It was a very rewarding place to work. There has been a major reorganization worldwide and at the moment there is very little direction and no leadership.

Being here I have learned a great deal about office automation development within SharePoint. My coworkers have all been very friendly and helpful and my team of direct reports were very easy to work with. As was my overseas development team

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable. The various projects I have either managed or developed myself can be (and most were) very difficult but so rewarding when they are successfully completed.
Pros
Work culture at a media company is very casual and fun. Also lots of free food
Cons
Difficult to get everyone on the same page
Productive but difficult to shift outside of specialty medium
Print Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
I worked particularly with Print as a medium. You make plenty connections throughout the industry but have difficulty moving up or laterally.

Very friendly work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GroupM. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GroupM.

Powered by Comparably