GroupM Management reviews

GroupM Managing Director plays favorites, lack of advancement, no raises or bonus
Broadcast Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2019
Management plays favoites
Work life balance is minimal
No bonus or raise
Management lets you twiddle your thumbs when not busy but does not allow you leave
Wonderful work experience with just as wonderful employees
Assistant Office Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Working for GroupM was a wonderful experience. Management was very adamant about furthering your growth and knowledge within the company. Everyone was helpful and well rounded individuals. Very teamwork orientated. A typical day in the GroupM Atlanta office was fast pace. Lots of clients in and out of the office daily. Phones ringing nonstop, vendors coning with packages from the clients and employees sending packages to the clients or to co-workers in WPP offices. I would assist in supporting 13 OpCos (over 275 employees) in four suites on three different floors. Covering facility needs required as well as supervising three full time employees and two contracted employees. I learned how to allocate bills, process billing invoices, manage a team, support hundreds of employees, strong communication skills, strong written communication, multi-tasking, rise about stressful situations, staying calm and professional, contract/vendor bidding, and building out a new space.

The hardest part about my job was keeping organized. Without organization and order the job could not be done. I was responsible for so many tasks. If I did not maintain an organized filing system I would have been lost, unable to complete given tasks in a timely manner, and lost very important documents.

The most enjoyable part about my job was the clients and employees. It was such a diverse team. I loved the creative aspect of advertisement. Each employee brought something new and improved to the company.
Pros
growth, team work, creativity, two weeks off with pay the end of December yearly, ability to work from home
Cons
traffic, very long commute to work from my home
Great places to work
Lead QA Tester (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
excellent place to work and learn. great management to work for. tremendous growth. great people and great organization. plenty of opportunities to travel globally.
Incompetent leadership
director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
The worst leadership team I have experienced in my career. Incompetence was rewarded. An inefficient org structure. Poor decision making. A bad business model.
Poor Management, no career advancement
Lead Applications Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Working at GroupM was not bad at first, but after the merge and changes in management, things were not the same. With poor management and no leadership this place is not recommended as desirable to work.
Pros
One good thing about this place is you have an option to work from home
Cons
Poor management, no career advancement, no leadership
Politically Challenging
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
There are a lot of talented people who produce amazing things at GroupM. But loss aversion plagues upper management in these times of rapid change, which can slow down progress.

Working on a client for a Groupm operating company, such as Wavemaker, Mediacom or Mindshare is great, but working for operations at the Groupm holding company level is tough.
Confused and rough
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
It's big and they have a lot of power in the industry, that's a huge perk. But they make decisions based on feeling versus business rationale. And that's the biggest hurdle.
Used to be good
BROADCAST NEGOTIATOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2017
This used to be a great place to work. Some perks, definitely not what it used to be and benefits are decent. The growth process is very slow and as a result, talented people leave for other opportunities. Management tends to stay behind closed doors and needs to work on their communication skills.
Too Large
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2017
This company has many great clients but the work /life balance basically non-existent. Too large of a company in my opinion and very cut- throat. Upper management was terrible and rude.
Upper Management does not train
Broadcast Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Most people are hard working but upper management does not train you to do your job. Most people end up leaving to go to other jobs. I would consider this a stepping stone job.
Has changed alot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Not as great as it used to be. No loyalty to hard working employees and everyone is easily replaceable and made to feel as such. Nepotism runs high and unless you are great buds with senior management promotions are years and years in the making if at all. Glad to have left!!
Pros
holidays and generous paid time off and great medical benefits
Cons
Management, training, advancement, compensation, easily replaceable
Disorganized
Digital Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Wonderful work/life balance but management is extremely disorganized. Terrible salary and very little room to grow. Overall not a great experience.
GroupM
Broadcast Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2016
Overall, GroupM is a great place to work, but bad communication between upper management and employees. Direct supervisors were great in Atlanta office.
In general is good place to work
Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 11, 2016
A typical day of work one must do many different things and constantly learning on the job. Management worries for the employee health. The hardest time is the last few days of the month where situations occur that are out of one's control. There were different relationships between employees but my favorite thing would have to be the activities.
Productive and Fun
Network Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2013
A very productive and fun company to work for, filled with great and friendly people.

I enjoy the company culture and the ability to speak with anyone from entry level to executive without concern..
Team Environment and overall Pleasure among co-workers.
Print Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
A typical day always fluctuates. I specialize in print media and have 4 clients that are currently active. Depending on the activity of the campaign different needs always surface. I manage two accounts that I have a direct report to and two accounts that I solely oversee. At any given point I am managing 8 other co-workers and overseeing 85 million dollars gross of my clients budgets. The management I do report to is great. They allow me key responsibilities with freedom and they have the trust in me to report directly to the clients and make very key very quick decisions. Never at any given moment have I ever mis-managed my clients nor their budgets. I am key person for gaining savings and have been key negotiator with all my vendors. Hardest part of my job is always making sure the clients are pleased with my work and the same time maintaining fruitful partnerships with the vendors and never burning bridges or becoming too selfish. Always understanding the business relationship on both sides has been a key characteristic I have mastered. With this the most enjoyable part of my job is never feeling uncomfortable and always feeling a team player.

I can honestly say that I have the most respect for my management however recently I have been given key responsibilities that should warrant and promotion and a title change, however I have not been given this and thus feel as though the track of advancement has been hindered due to account freezes with client spending down.

Ideally I feel that I have gained my knowledge in the agency field and would like to move my knowledge
  more... and expertise onto the client/in house side of things.  less
Pros
Work Environment, Level of respect, job responsibilities, Team work ethic
Cons
Road to advancement, Salary, benefits
Good Management, Good Work/Life Balance, Agency Politics
Print Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2012
Great company to get your feet wet in the media world. Good work/life balance and management seems to care about your professional path.

Unfortunately. there's agency politics, but that seems to be the way of the business.

The compensation and benefits packages offered are definitely nothing to write home about- underpaid in comparison to all other media agencies I have heard others moving to.
Pros
after gaining trust, you have leeway in schedule of your day, hours, meetings
Cons
low compensation, benefits package
Really?
Planner (Former Employee)October 25, 2011
If you want to work at a company that does not value you as a person. Work here. The management are the untouchables and the peons. The feudal system at its finest. They do not address problems, rather, they wait until they fester and destroy the relationship of the team, to make any actions. Seriously. This place is horrible.
Cons
long hours, terrible management, the culture no one socializes, the two guys who run the print group, dry work, evaporating marketplace