Groupon
66Average

Groupon Employee Reviews

United States415 reviews
At Groupon , I worked as a material handler/ cherry picker operator. Groupon is fast paced and busy. The job is easy overall. I picked orders , packed and worked in shipment.
Pros
Easy and fast pace
Cons
Messy warehouse
The company promotes the loudest employee, not the most deserved. No clear direction or planning for the future which is why they now are failing without Goods.
Great company to work for. Fantastic engagement culture. Not much flexibility in work schedule hours, depending on location. Peak time there is no flexibility ; however, they compensate with giveaways, meals and prizes.
Horrible, cliquish, bad people. Dont come here. people are not fun, favorites are given priority. they dont want to help if you ask. it is not sustainable
I like work always 10 hours,5 days a week
Because is important for that employees work more than 40 hours a week so I hope you sending me to netrush to have good job ty
Good
Cons
Very convenient
Offers benefits to employees, productive work environment. Management is very nice.

Office staff and environment is made so work can be done well.

The culture is very good and commissions can be made
I was never made to feel so degraded as I did working for this company. But shame on me for letting it happen.
there is I could say a lot more but I’ll just leave it at that. Worst management team I’ve ever worked for
Fun, fast-paced, casual work environment. Working primarily with small businesses, and finding their need for marketing. Most of the Chicago office is sales departments.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
pay is below industry average
I love Groupons they make u feel good at work but they just u gotta be on your feet and know how to work a RF gun they thought me how to use the gun and I liked it ever since
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lookin at numbers for 10 hours
Working at Groupon has taught me so many transferrable skills and opened doors for networking amongst peers and coworkers.

Upper management/senior management is disconnected and out of touch from most of those doing the work.

Benefits, resources, and facilities are amazing. The people you meet and work with are also amazing (below senior management level).

Job security does not exist within the company, however.
Very collaborative developer culture. Open to experimentation. Opportunity to try new things. Very committed to openness and inclusivity. Small developer team size encourages collaboration.
Difficult climate and unsure future for the company. New senior management and covid has impacted the revenue base to a huge degree. Smart and committed people working there.
Groupon's amazing culture and employees has always been the bedrock of its success. Unfortunately the employees don't come first in all verticals. Local and other local-like products/teams/employees come first long before other successful verticals get the things they need to succeed farther.

Additionally, Groupon doesn't do a great job of managing communication amongst all levels of seniority or verticals. It's one thing for an entry level or other lower level employee to not know all the things going on, but completely another thing if your Global Head doesn't know. That isn't right. And I'm embarrassed for the Global Head.

If you ever wonder where bad managers are born, they're born at Groupon. It's amazing the number of promotions I've seen to the untalented and immature. It's mind-blowing the number of people I've seen get promoted and then fired for not being able to do the day to day tasks that others are capable and have proven to perform. They don't want the best, they want to promote yes men and friends instead of the right people. The only saving grace is that they've hired a few outside hires in years past that were amazing. However, due to lack of communications and more interest in making out stockholders happy, those amazing individuals left for something better.

I would only ever recommend working here for an entry level position. Or, if they ever realize that we need stability because we're not a start up anymore. We're a full-fledged company that needs to update how competitive they want to be to keep people around. Groupon has so much potential
 - more...
While sales isn't exactly my dream job, working for Groupon has been a pleasant and rewarding experience.

A typical day at work includes two one-hour call blocks. One in the morning and one after lunch. The rest of the day includes meetings, making more calls, and sending out emails.

The management is great. The culture is a fun atmosphere with emphasis on expressing yourself. At Groupon, your managers want to see you succeed -- even if that means you transferring to another job position or leaving the company.

The hardest part of the job is pushing yourself to make the next dial. It's best if you research the business before you call, otherwise the making the call is a waste. Researching upwards of 90 businesses a day can get exhausting.

In my experience, management makes the job feel rewarding. The culture which allows you to be yourself is great and makes the workplace a positive atmosphere.
They have put people in charge that should not be in charge and the morale has really suffered. Plus they are on their last leg of business. It's pitiful.
Nice environment with a bunch of great and smart people. It has competitive compensation in Chicago but can't compare with big-name. The leadership team cannot solve the fundamental problem so we lost the game gradually.
You have to own your career here and be very motivated; however, the company provides great opportunity for individuals who are in different stages of their career from entry level to senior management.
The culture is all inclusive- absolutely no bias. A typical day involves engaging with project team stakeholders and planning. The TPMO Mgmt is exceptional.
Although it’s closing down I’ve enjoyed it good people and fun and fast paced. I’ve learned a lot and advanced fairly quickly. I hate that it’s shutting down
I have not started working here at this job for Groupon. This job is located in Chicago, IL. I here it is a nice place to live. That is good. One more sentence.
The best part about working here is the energy. It's never boring at work. Hard to get things done some times. It's not that large of a company but there are too many hoops to jump through and people to get approval from.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.