Groupon Employee Reviews

chaos
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 28, 2018
They are very unorganized cannot keep employees. had a lot of lost orders. Felt like I was not important to the company. This job included picking,packing and finding missing/aged orders.
Great entry level sales
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2018
Was a great entry level sales position. Very cut throat and a high turnover for those that aren't successful in the roll. Unlimited PTO and lots of fun outings.
Pros
Pto, free lunches, team outings, uncapped commision
Cons
lack of advancement, commission is changed very frequently
Fun environment, good for entry-level, lots of advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
Core sales training. Management and organization changes a lot but flexible people do well and are happy. Positive experience and dynamic environment.
Pros
Young and energetic culture
Cons
Micromanaging, poor organizational and interdepartmental communication
No loyalty
Merchant Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2018
This place is stressful, without any growth guarantee and a lack of management. Managers bully their team members into lying to clients to obtain and meet goals. The company sees no problem is underpaying their employees while expecting them to work to the point of burn out. It is a revolving door with no loyalty to its employees. Employees are made to feel replaceable with many looking for other opportunities shortly after beginning with the company.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Stressful work environment, underpaid, no loyalty
Overall good experience
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Great knowledgeable people to work with, and super fun workplace. Company offers a great deal of benefits as well as training. Difficult to move around, but a great place to learn.
Pros
Great work environment and excellent work/life balance
Cons
Could be difficult to move around
Very fun place to work!!
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2018
The best holiday parties ever with great celebrity guest for free!! Just needs better communication between upper management. Stop outsourcing with very little training.
Pros
Fun enviorment, laid back casual vibe!
Cons
Removed work @ home
Great first job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Lots of learning, great sales training and working with some great people. Able to learn Salesforce CRM, work with big brands and learn how to really sell. Great manager and always able to ask questions, very approachable!
Being an outside sales person was hard.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
You had limited support from managers. We had daily morning meetings which we just spoke about our daily goals. Also monthly meetings in office. Other then that we didn't see or speak to our mangers. Very isolated.
Pros
You get reimbursed for milage
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Unsatisfactory
OrderUp Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2018
The company was not worker-oriented. The company I worked for owned by Groupon was sold with only 30 days notice. We were promised to be hired by the company merging with mine, but I and many of my coworkers' applications were never considered. This caused a lot of emotional and financial distress.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Management, guidance, support
Fun Place to Work, Shooting for the Moon
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Groupon has had some growing pains over the years, but the company seems pointed in the right direction. New 401K match for employees shows management is serious about maintaining employees for the long term.

Want to know more about Groupon?

Ask a question
Groupon Day
Pit operator/cycle counter/special projects team (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 24, 2018
I would be doing something different every day. I loved working at Groupon. I loved when I was a cycle counter. I went around and counted all the project. Also loved driver power industrial trucks.
Open and collaborative, ever changing work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day at Groupon you are there 9am-5pm although hours may vary depending on role. Each employee has a laptop so you are able to work from home if needed. Groupon is a very young culture, with an average age of employees in their mid 20s. Managers and executives tend to be a bit older in their 30s-40s. It is awesome to work for a company that is growing so quickly and on the forefront of technology trends. However, because Groupon grew so quickly from the start they change strategy quite often. The new CEO does seem to have a long term strategy for Groupon which is comforting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to run your own business with very few limitations or people saying "no" to you. The hardest part of the job is getting vendors and suppliers to see Groupon as a retailer and not a discounter.
Its a job.
Trade AP Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Good luck getting promoted if your not best friends with your manager. They seem to think you need 5 years of experience before your ready for a management role.
Great people, positive work culture, stressful hours
REGIONAL MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for Groupon. Its a company with young, motivated individuals that support one another. Overall, my job was stressful due to the nature of my position and job responsibilities.
Silo
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Repetitive daily tasks. Constantly encountering the same issues and concerns as if it were Ground Hog's day. Data is challenging to work with. Not a friendly environment.
Pros
time off
Cons
not a supportive team environment
workday
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 12, 2018
morning meeting with team every work day to go pervious days number and accuracy %, highest counter,..provide team with vendor bucks to buy this from the vending machine for top counter and outstanding inventory finds.
work with all department to meet requested needs for online orders.
Hellhole
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at Groupon in the environment it was when I left. That was over 3 years ago though so I'm not sure if anything has changed.
great learning experience
Brand Ambassador Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2017
working for Groupon was a great experience and an over all awesome learning experience. i couldn't have asked for a better internship that gave me the knowledge that i now have.
Pros
experience
Cons
a littler travel
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2017
Love working at Groupon! I would recommend it to anyone I know. It is a great stepping stone in my career. They are very kind and it is a fun place to work.
sales rep
acount rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
at this point probably hard to start new there and make the kind of money you want. management doesnt care about you, you are just a number to them. as soon as u start making good money, they somehow force you out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight