Groupon Employee Reviews

High volume of small perks, but little to no opportunity for advancement
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
A company that has structural problems, they provide a high amount of small perks like free soda, but have a culture where it is implied that things are so fun there's no need for more money or advancement.
Fun Company for New Graduates, Not Promising 5 Years Later
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2018
Groupon is an excellent company to work for to get your foot in the door and to start off your career, however, other than cool track jackets for 2 year & 5 year employees, there isn't much of a reason to really stay at the company. Due to this being a primarily young company with the notion that everybody in the office is replaceable, they get away with being able to pay below the market average for certain job roles and skill sets. This often comes as a shock to HR in exit interviews, but there isn't incentive to retain good employees once they realize their market worth. I came to this company for the experience, with the understanding that this wasn't going to be a long-term company to stick around with, and the culture at Groupon truly cannot be beat. However, it is not a place to have longer than a five year plan, unless they work on ways to incentivize tenure and compensate based off of skill set and duties.
Pros
Amazing Company Culture
Cons
Horrible pay structure
Great Company
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
Groupon is an energetic company, and they provide a great number of ways to earn groupon credit, to shop on Groupon. Groupon provides incentives for overtime.
Pros
Great enthusiasm from management to employees
Cons
Sales retain employees
people make it great
HR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2018
Tons of opportunities for people who want to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Openness to new ideas/solutions. Has the resources and support of a global organization with the feel of a startup. But the people are just the best, which you will hear from basically anyone you ask. Humble, funny, helpful folks everywhere.
Pros
unlimited PTO, great benefits, awesome people, opportunities to grow
Cons
lots of change
Great company, but has issues like all tech companies
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 10, 2018
Great company, great people to work with, but again, the same issues all tech companies tend to face - work/life balance is pretty minimal, all of our focus is on work, not life.
Pros
Work place culture is great, great advising and learning from others
Cons
lack of work/life balance.
Very Fast paced
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  KYMay 29, 2018
fast paced work environment good atmosphere and great management ,treat employees right and do a lot of things for them,i would give them a go you wont regret it
Fast paced environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 25, 2018
Great employees and people to work with but some of management lack professionalism great pay and benefits long breaks and lots of overtime must work fast and well with others have to keep your production rate up at all times
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Little unprofessional
Help Desk Support Specialist, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
I felt Groupon was a bit unprofessional and relied heavily on management decisions without employee imput. There was also a great deal of micromanaging at the company that made working difficult there.
I enjoy working at Groupon.
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 9, 2018
The last three years I have been provided additional support to further my career. This is my favorite part, they do teach and spend extra time with employees to build them up.
Fun, fast-paced environment for entry level position
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
This is a great job to get sales experience on a corporate level. Young, inexperienced managers, make it tough to advance and turn into a career. High turnover,
Fun workplace, Long Hours
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2018
Executive Assistants should be paid a higher salary as when I was working there, I was on call 24/7. I had to ask for the raises instead of them being offered to me for the hard work I put in
chaos
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 28, 2018
They are very unorganized cannot keep employees. had a lot of lost orders. Felt like I was not important to the company. This job included picking,packing and finding missing/aged orders.
Great entry level sales
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2018
Was a great entry level sales position. Very cut throat and a high turnover for those that aren't successful in the roll. Unlimited PTO and lots of fun outings.
Pros
Pto, free lunches, team outings, uncapped commision
Cons
lack of advancement, commission is changed very frequently
Fun environment, good for entry-level, lots of advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
Core sales training. Management and organization changes a lot but flexible people do well and are happy. Positive experience and dynamic environment.
Pros
Young and energetic culture
Cons
Micromanaging, poor organizational and interdepartmental communication
No loyalty
Merchant Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2018
This place is stressful, without any growth guarantee and a lack of management. Managers bully their team members into lying to clients to obtain and meet goals. The company sees no problem is underpaying their employees while expecting them to work to the point of burn out. It is a revolving door with no loyalty to its employees. Employees are made to feel replaceable with many looking for other opportunities shortly after beginning with the company.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Stressful work environment, underpaid, no loyalty
Overall good experience
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Great knowledgeable people to work with, and super fun workplace. Company offers a great deal of benefits as well as training. Difficult to move around, but a great place to learn.
Pros
Great work environment and excellent work/life balance
Cons
Could be difficult to move around
Very fun place to work!!
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2018
The best holiday parties ever with great celebrity guest for free!! Just needs better communication between upper management. Stop outsourcing with very little training.
Pros
Fun enviorment, laid back casual vibe!
Cons
Removed work @ home
Great first job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Lots of learning, great sales training and working with some great people. Able to learn Salesforce CRM, work with big brands and learn how to really sell. Great manager and always able to ask questions, very approachable!
Being an outside sales person was hard.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
You had limited support from managers. We had daily morning meetings which we just spoke about our daily goals. Also monthly meetings in office. Other then that we didn't see or speak to our mangers. Very isolated.
Pros
You get reimbursed for milage
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Unsatisfactory
OrderUp Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2018
The company was not worker-oriented. The company I worked for owned by Groupon was sold with only 30 days notice. We were promised to be hired by the company merging with mine, but I and many of my coworkers' applications were never considered. This caused a lot of emotional and financial distress.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Management, guidance, support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight