Groupon Employee Reviews

They will lay off entire departments with NO WARNING
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2019
Management has NO CLUE what they are doing. No vision. No idea. No one knows what one department is doing. Our entire department got laid off one day with no warning. Then I found out this is Groupon's M.O. and they do this all the time. BE WARNED!
Company in wrong direction
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2019
Would advise against working working here for a long period of time. On the positive the culture can be fun and opportunities to move around. On the downside it can be very hard to get promoted and hard to believe in direction the company is going
Great Place to start
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 20, 2019
This is a great place to start your sells path. I loved the people that I worked with and it was great to work with others of different backgrounds...
Head of PMO, Global Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
Leadership for GSO supporting team is a revolving door. Latest Management is unprofessional, bias and untrustworthy. Very political

Depending on the leader, overall culture can be good
Productive and fun
Manager, Product Management (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 28, 2019
Groupon is a productive and fun work place where employees can give their best. They have excellent facilities as well as work from home option as well as cutting edge work.
Can be fun
Merchant Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Nice Place to work. Building has free shuttles from major trains. Different inclusive clubs, free drinks. Some departments have flexible work schedules
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Slow career progression
very fun and high energy company
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2019
Very fun, and quirky, and high energy company. They provide you with more than enough training and help along the way. Bad base pay, but ability to make way more.
Fun culture, good product
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2019
Groupon is a different type of sales job because no business is alike and this allows you to be different with your approach to selling. People are smart here too.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
low base pay
acquaintance of new products
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 31, 2019
I have worked min. 7-9 hours during the weekdays as a freelancer. Groupon's interface is very simple for new learners and beginners.The most entertainable part of work is finding new product's features when uploading this to the system.
Upper management Turnover and politics
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2019
Overall good experience management needs upward growth. They have too much politics involved in promotions. Also, too many failed products and too much turnover in upper management
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 24, 2019
Made good money during peek season. Relaxed environment
Smoking area stand on feet all day plenty of one-time hours available. Outside food gold star chili
Pretty decent place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2019
Most of my time at Groupon was okay. In almost all of my positions, I was given the opportunity to work on special projects and learn new skills, and I'm grateful for the managers who challenged me. Near the end of my time there, things were a bit slower so there weren't as many opportunities for projects which wasn't ideal.
I enjoyed working there
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working there. Generally people seemed happy around me. Job security is a bit shaky.

Typical star-up with some processes working well. Other areas where I believe they should be further along. The recruiting team was kind of all over the place with a very scattered approach with changing recruiters around too much and having 3-4 different recruiters work on the exact same role.
Interesting sales experience.
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 12, 2019
The work consisted of first coming up with new methods to add to the Groupon client base. I decided to cold approach in a very efficient manner, speaking to 100 students in less than 2 hours with half or more signing up for Groupon.
Fun Environment and Good Pay
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2019
Groupon is a great company. Unlimited PTO and good pay. The two biggest downsides are that upper management is good however direct managers are not trained to be managers and it creates a negative space. The second downside is that 90% of the work can be done remotely however work from home is rarely allowed which is very frusterating
Supportive work environment
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2019
Cooperative work environment. Learned new things. supportive management. friendly workplace culture. Delivering project within critical time with team support.
Not the best enviroment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2018
There are def. favorites and not everyone gets the same growth and learning opportunities. There are also a lot of people that do not work / while others have to work twice as hard to make up for that. Management and others do not want to create conflict so they try to avoid issues instead of streamlining or trying to help people which would help teams and grow the business.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Once they decide they want you gone, no one is going to help you, and just make your life as difficult as possible until you leave, I have seen it done to over 4 people in the year and a half
Flailing about
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2018
They don't seem to have a strategy for the fact that their main business model is failing. Engineering is being sent overseas and corporate politics are wreaking havoc on established teams.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Poor benefits
A fun place to intern
Business Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2018
I learned a great deal and the employees were ready and willing to teach me what I wanted to learn. Very interesting industry and exciting place to work.
Pros
engaging work
Cons
strict hours
Fun place to work
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2018
Fun place to work. Very young company with young management. Changes a lot on the fly but overall a good experience. Clear career pathways are needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight