GroupOne Health Source Employee Reviews

Horrible working environment
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2018
For a small office they sure do gossip about each other quite a bit. They cannot seem to keep a manager to save their sinking ship. While there I witnessed favoritism, high turnover rate in the supervisor/team lead department, multiple lay offs due to "restructuring of the company" and stealing money from employees. Just when the company appeared to be on a good track upper management would change things around and not allow the department to proceed with changing it's ways to see if it would do the company any good. The office has gone from a good team environment to a me, me, me environment and if you disagree with something and try to go up the chain of command the information you gave to the higher ups will go right back to the person you are having problems with and they will disclose names so it makes the working environment very hostile.
Pros
Good benefits, paid time off
Cons
Gossip, Drama, no teamwork
Used to be fun but everything changed
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 19, 2018
When I first started working at GroupOne, it was a great place to work. We had fun, we had great training and management, we did a great job for clients and we were growing and advancing in the field of healthcare revenue cycle management. Then the climate changed. Many of the long time employees saw this starting and left, one after another after another. Every other week we were saying goodbye to mentors and leaders. As new "managers" were brought in the entire focus of the company started changing. There was layoff after layoff, sometimes an entire department with the exception two or three people. The atmosphere became one of fear, gossip and disgruntlement. Clients started leaving. They continue to leave. The staff are never sure who will be next to get the "axe" while a few "favored" managers carry on. Some of their foreign staff are not being paid in a timely manner and they are leaving too. The pay was good and the benefits not bad, but the ulcer you get from the stress is not worth it.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
bad management, poor atmosphere, stressful, unstable
Rewarding position
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
I review my time with GroupOne as a very positive experience. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I liked my shift. The hardest part of the job was when an angry patient called up about their bill and I was not able to assist them in resolving their issues. The most enjoyable art of the job was when I was able to either answer the patients questions in a way that they now understood the particulars of their billing or was able to provide a resolution that was beneficial to everyone involved. I fell like I was always treated fairly and I feel that I was a valuable asset to the company.
Physician Liasion
Physician Liaison (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
Hours are long but the India staff is great to work with. They are very hard workers. Remember that your coders, billing team are all in India. language is sometimes a hurdle, but they work really hard to better the barrier. Wish I hadn't left. Really a wonderful company.
Pros
Great company, salary low for the amount of work, but the benefits of working there are great.
Cons
Salary
Terrible environment and worse managemet! No Job Security!
Client Advocate, RCM Billing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2017
Wondering who and when the next person will be fired for a bogus and unrelated excuse of; "We reserve the right to terminate without cause."

Horrible place to be involved with, either as an employee or a client.
Clients have no clue of the chaos and incompatibility of each department to the other. No communication and someone will make up a " rule " one day, and completely ignore it the next!

Promises made are not kept, Cannot trust Employer or HR to have your back or follow through on hiring promises.

Most unorganized, unknowledgable place I have ever encountered.
Pros
Remote work part time
Cons
Everything else!
Very professional
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOOctober 22, 2013
Everyday I reviewed every clients data base, making sure claims were being corrected and sent out, troubleshooting any problem areas the clients might have and sending out month end reports.
I learned a great deal in the different clearinghouses, billing for different specialty physicians, ICD-10 billing and Medicares Meaningful Use.
Everyone was always eager to help, teach and train in this field.
The hardest part of the job was that most insurance guidelines are state specific and all of my clients lived in different states.
I have gained so much knowledge in this field from this job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Month end could be a 12-15 hour day or days
Great Company to work for
SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 3, 2017
This company has been great to work for, co-worker are friendly, awesome team members, flexible and all around good place. I would recommend anyone to work in a great place like this.
Pros
Flexibility
Learn by errors
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2017
No support by management. Owner and management do not care about employees. Lots of talking behind people's backs here. Stay away if you are looking for a long term position. Looking for another employer after being with company for under a year. Not what I planned.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Manager has no medical background.
GroupOne
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work with wonderful values for the employees. The ease to work from home and still utilize your skills was the most enjoyable part of the job.
A Company that has lost its way
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Saint LouisAugust 8, 2017
Years ago, this was a well respected company with happy clients and bright, talented employees who worked there long-term. I accepted a position based upon this reputation in the industry. Now that I am employed there, the company is re-defining delivery to its clients almost daily. No one knows what to expect from one minute to the next and is afraid of being let go "without reason at company discretion". There are people in charge with no medical billing experience who believe they have a better way of doing things than the industry standard. They do not. I regret my decision to come to work here. One of the core values is fun - but where is it? I am actively looking for a new position. I realize times are tough and if you have applied for a job here, you need to be employed. Think long and hard about your decision. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you are one of the inner circle. If you accept a job here, you will see. You may regret working here in the long term.
Pros
Technology
Cons
open office concept, changing policies without notice, management
Company is in transition.
Patient Services Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2015
Managed 13 Team Call Center department. Communication and the lack of cohesiveness are the most difficult parts of my position.
The most enjoyable part of my job was educating and expanding my staff's knowledge base.
Pros
Remote working arrangement
Cons
No current direction...
A Great Place to Work
BILL REIMBURSEMENT CORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 26, 2015
GroupOne is a great company to work for due to its core values of forward thinking, open mindedness, and fun. These values have continually appeared throughout my employment here, and GroupOne truly does live up to its reputation.
Overall great place to work
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
Best part of the job was that they incorporated fun into the workday whenever possible. You would work hard but it would still be fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GroupOne Health Source. Our community is ready to answer.

GroupOne Health Source Reviews by Location