Groups Employee Reviews

Team Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2019
Great place to work at very friendly and very warm feelings makes you feel like you are supposed to be there. Customers are always nice and well put together.
Unstable, closed minded to any other treatment.
Office coordinator (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 26, 2018
Groups feels fresh and new, but it quickly becomes obvious that this is not necessarily a good thing. They pay well, they seem to be open to discussion and ideas, and the founders try really hard to just be "normal and down to Earth". Unfortunately, this leads to unprofessional behavior that makes anyone familiar with ethics or therapeutic policies uncomfortable. They expect every office to be a cookie cutter example, without taking culture or sociology into account. Because of this, if you don't grow very quickly, you're made to feel like you're doing something wrong. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's shiny and new with lots of promises, but very little delivery to be seen. MAT programs are thriving right now and groups is so determined to do things differently that they're missing an enormous opportunity to help the masses. Find something more stable and therapeutically based- it'll be in your best interest.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional environment, unstable, travel expectations are absurd.
No Advancement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 27, 2018
Yes, Groups helps others struggling with substance use. Yes, Groups does do good work. However, do not work for this company if your plan is to advance. You will only advance if you are with the "in crowd" of the company. They do not take into consideration your experience, time put in with the company, or your educational rank. Management is inexperienced and never available for help. Many things go on that are not followed by proper policy and protocol, but get completed that way for a quicker result. You will put in countless hours of work for offices other than your own and get little to no recognition for it, but will be expected to continue it almost every day. I would not recommend this company to anyone who is wanting an advancement in their career. I have never felt more underappreciated than I did while working for Groups.
Pros
Helping to end the stigma.
Cons
Lack of management/advancement.
Wonderful place to work!
Per diem OC and Counselor (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 10, 2018
Working for this company as only a part-time and per diem employee, has been a great experience thus far. Regardless of how much or how little I am there, I feel valued by management and peers. I enjoy the flexibility of hours, ability to work remotely if necessary, the people I work with and opportunities to learn in my field. Groups is very compassionate and understanding of the opiate epidemic and they are dedicated to help individuals.
Have Fun While Making A Difference In A Refreshingly Unique, Community Driven, & Rewarding Career!
Substance Use Clinician (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 10, 2018
Groups is unique in that it is not at all limited solely to the traditional formulas of how treatment should be administered. Groups is primarily focused on providing quality care for members while utilizing evidenced based materials, yet at the same time allowing space for the counselors to grow into their own unique and individualistic strengths and styles of counseling. Members constantly comment on how appreciative they are for the creative and caring type of atmosphere and environment provided where they can feel supported and at the same time held accountable. Staff is very empathetic towards the disease of addiction yet works hard to maintain the balance of accountability required for supporting growth in the lives of each member. Groups encourages professional growth and is constantly striving to achieve a heightened level of success with members lives as well as the lives of the staff team of clinicians, office coordinators, etc. If you are looking for a rewarding career that challenges your own personal and professional growth while at the same time supports and encourages you along the way, I cannot recommend a better option than Groups. Recover Together.
Pros
Opportunities to serve within the community via outreach, marketing, and volunteering.
I love Groups!
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 10, 2018
Groups does a great job with the patients. The organization as a whole really strives to help and empower the mission. The program they offer is nicely structured and is very successful. I have learned a lot about addiction and recovery through Groups. The atmosphere is relaxed non judgmental member feel safe to come to Groups which I think speaks volumes.

The hardest part of the job is seeing or hearing the struggles and battles that someone might go through on a day to day basis. Then you may see the progression and how rewarding it is when the person takes the tools given by Groups and things start to look up.
Another not easy task is it can get a little crazy depending on phones ringing while trying to help members but all of that is pretty controllable. Hours vary which is the only conflict makes being a mom challenging but everyone is willing to work together to make sure things are covered,

There is so much support from Ops Specialist to Regional Managers, Clinical Manager to help you at anytime to problem solve. This company is truly a team fighting the same fight. They collaborate as a team to individual a treatment for a member.

Truly blessed to be apart of this team and the mission the strive to conquer.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, room to advance
Cons
Office Hours
Amazing Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 5, 2018
The benefit to working at Groups is that the team is working hard to help communities and people within the communities become stronger and healthier all while providing an amazing place to work. The people working in Groups are passionate and sincere about what they do but work hand-in-hand to do it together. The company provides employees the training and support they need to do their jobs and become stronger at their jobs all while providing a healthy work/life balance so the employees can enjoy their time with families too. I couldn't be happier working for such an amazing organization both inside and out.
Providing Hope while having fun!
Clinical Director/Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 4, 2018
As a relatively new employee to Groups here is what I know:

A. You will LOVE this job.
B. You will be supported at this job.
C. Your questions will be answered and even though we are spread out you will KNOW you are part of a team, part of something bigger.

We have frequent online training's that keep us up to date with what is going on in our company and in our field. It is fast paced and goal oriented but also relaxed and open to new ideas. You have space to grow and blossom. I remember thinking it was too good to be true, but as I have learned, it is not. It is a wonderful job that allows us to really make a difference in our communities. Best decision I've ever made!
Pros
Great support, paid time off for continuing education, on-line training's, supportive management
Cons
If you need constant supervision this might not be the place for you.
Groups is a great place to work!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 3, 2018
I can honestly say that I am the most satisfied I have ever been with where I’m at in my career. Here at Groups we all make a difference no matter what role you’re in and help so many people on a daily basis! It doesn’t even feel like “work”. We are all very passionate about what we do here at Groups.

With such an evolving company comes with a lot of room for advancement. Everyone here has a family to go home to so we work as a team to ensure we accommodate others family obligations.

Groups Recover Together has a really great team across 6 states and lots of awesome people to work for.
Pros
low health insurance premiums, dental, 401k, Roth IRA, great environment
Excellent Company
recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Maine, MESeptember 1, 2018
I have been working at Groups Maine for over a year. I originally started as a per diem clinic coordinator which evolved into my current position as a recovery coach. Throughout my time with groups, I have felt supported in my work and there is always someone willing to offer guidance and support in finding solutions to any barriers I faced. this company is collaborative with its employees and consistently seeks input from their workers about how they can improve upon the work environment and services rendered to the members of groups. I would highly suggest joining the Groups team. Not only is there a great work culture but unlimited possibilities to advance in your career within the group's structure.
Cons
Hours of work can be different on each day although consistent across weeks.
Best Job Ever
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INAugust 28, 2018
As a Counselor at Groups Recover Together, I started 2 years ago on October 1, 2016. At the time there were only 2 offices in my region. What seemed like a grass roots movement in our area, I spoke with the founders and owners of Groups. I was informed of of the mission and values Groups was bringing to the area. It was an amazing opportunity for me, For the first time in my career I felt I could now effect change and really do what I am good at. using Person Centered - Evidenced Based Treatment , I am able to communicate / teach / and guide the people seeking recovery with anatomy. I have support from my leadership all the way to the top! I have been offered advancement, or have had opportunities for advancement, but I love just being with my Group, the people. As a counselor I have an opportunity to witness people changing their lives , providing for their family and thriving in the community. I am small part of that, as each person in empowered to take the lead in their lives.
Pros
Supportive leadership, Fast growing, Opportunities to grow in the field, Community Based
Cons
None Identified- Excellent place to work!
The culture at Groups is both innovative and sound for its mission of helping people overcome Opioid Use Disorder.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 27, 2018
Groups has undergone some major changes since its inception and humble beginnings in Indiana. While at first a grass roots fellowship of those in need and professionals, additional support has come alongside to ensure new regulations have been met so that members will soon be able to file more than two insurance plans and take advantage of state government grants like Recovery Works. Recovery Works early on recognized the viability of Groups and its mission. The state of Indiana approved it as one of its approved forensic programs for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorders. It has been a pleasure to be a part of the start up here as well as seeing the potential for reaching more people. While it may lose some of its early uniqueness as the only pay for fee service that was affordable to all it has gained an ability to be more accessible to those who have been in long term use and lost the ability to work temporarily due to their medical fragility. We serve a wide variety of members from professionals to those who are out of work with basic skills training needs.
Pros
Group therapy is efficient, effective avenue for recovery when led by a professional skilled in group work.
Cons
Professionals must realize that a combination of daytime and evening work will be required.
Laid back atmosphere
ADDICTIONS COUNSELOR/PRISM BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Former Employee) –  Logan, OHJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work if you like helping those who suffer from addiction. I was able to be my own person and set my group session topics according to the needs of my groups.
Do not work here
LADC (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJuly 24, 2018
They only hire dysfunctional supervisors and do not want professional people employed here . One supervisor in the Lewiston office talked poorly about professionals long term in the field and he has been fired multiple times . His best friend got him in the door .
Pros
Cons
Dysfunctional place to work and clients are not being served well
None given
Counselor (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 22, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. In my opinion staff is under qualified for this work and also they are poorly trained. In my opinion counselors are left to their own devices to sink or swimmer. In my opinion the swimmers skirt ethics and best practices to keep up.
Pros
I learned not to work there.
Cons
I had to be a part of this operation.
experience and group work
Musician (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 12, 2018
I love working with group people and helping each other. working hard as a group member and be responsible for their position and being on time or respecting the rule and helping the customer.
My dream job!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2018
I love working at Groups. This position is not only a perfect culmination of all of my previous experience, the culture can't be beat. Management is open and approachable and really wants new ideas to be surfaced. I've not had a suggestion be shot down yet! It's fast paced, as we are expanding rapidly and attempting to serve as many people as possible across the country, but there's always someone available to ask a question or to ask for help. I've never heard anyone say "that's not my job." It's a really really great place to work.
Pros
friendly culture, approachable management
Cons
super fast paced, sometimes hard to balance priorities
Mission Driven Caring Company
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  MidwestApril 15, 2018
Groups is honestly the best company I have ever worked for. This is the first company that I have worked for that has been truly mission driven.

I am currently a member of the management team in the midwest. Even though the midwest is huge all staff have a great connection with each other.

The CEO's are the best I have ever worked for. They genuinely care about who they employee as well as the members and communities we serve.
Pros
Helping individuals who struggle with opioid use in rural communities
Cons
Sometimes you have to work long hours
Wonderful
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 26, 2018
I love working at Groups! Much different than other treatment programs I have worked for. Love the people I work with as well. Corporate really does have a heart for the future of our patients and are involved to make things better all the time.
Pros
Good pay, understanding management, clean offices
Cons
Pretty far from other offices with higer management
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 25, 2018
Very professional team of counselors, management and other staff. They provide excellent training for new staff and awesome work environments which is extremely important when providing services to the clients being served.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groups. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3