Grove City Medical Center
Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Grove City Medical Center Careers and Employment

About us
At one time, Grove City was home to two small hospitals, one staffed with osteopathic physicians and the other with medical doctors, each one successful at caring for the needs of their community in its own right. However, early in the 1970s, each hospital began to flounder financially, and was teetering on the brink of closure when a group of forward – more... thinking community leaders spear headed a movement to combine them into one.

The merger resulted in the 1978 founding of United Community Hospital, which was renamed Grove City Medical Center in 2006.


Today, Grove City Medical Center is a full-service, community-based hospital that is well positioned to meet the ever changing needs of the patients who come there for care.


Considered the front door to the hospital, the emergency department is a Level IV Trauma Center, one of only two in Pennsylvania, and treats approximately 17,000 sick and injured patients each year. Grove City Medical Center boasts a full complement of outpatient diagnostic services, as well as a dynamic same-day surgery center, multi-dimensional rehabilitative therapies and a transitional care center, for those patients who are not quite ready to go home on their own following an illness or accident. As Chief Executive Office Rob Jackson says, Grove City Medical Center is equipped to “provide for 90% of the health and medical needs most people will have in their lifetime, and for the other 10%, we’ll help you access that care.”


Nearly 100 physicians practice at the hospital, with a core group of about 50 visiting regularly. The others are specialists and sub-specialists whose home base is another hospital, but who see patients at Grove City Medical Center, eliminating the need for them to travel to Pittsburgh or another larger metropolitan area for advanced care.


In a time when smaller hospitals are vanishing from the healthcare landscape, Grove City Medical Center continues to thrive, thanks to a supportive community. As one patient so aptly put it, we are “large enough to get the job done, but small enough to care.”
 – less
See Why Join Us

What is it like to work at Grove City Medical Center?

3.8
Work/Life Balance
3.5
Compensation/Benefits
3.4
Job Security/Advancement
3.4
Management
3.6
Culture

What are people saying about the leadership at Grove City Medical Center?

73%
of employees approve of CEO’s performance
CEO Approval is based on 15 ratings
4.0
Fair place to work
Written by Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) from Grove City, PA on August 29, 2018
GCMC can be a stressful place to work. You will come across different personalities of employees that are hard to get along with. There are the chosen people that are incompetent at their jobs and management does nothing to correct the situation. The patient is always correct and this facility expects their employees to adjust to any and all situations - more...
See Grove City Medical Center reviews about management
What would you say about your employer?
Help fellow job seekers by sharing your unique experience.