Grove City Medical Center Employee Reviews

There are good and bad points working here,
PATIENT REGISTRATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 22, 2018
Training is terrible and people are treated quite unfairly. Once you have figured things out it does get better. There are alot of clicks and drama that happens which is in every workplace. I do believe that could be the reason for alot of turn over,
Benefits
Cons
Drama
Great People Great Place
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Histology LabJune 13, 2018
Great People great place to work.
Community hospital with community hospital feel. Friendly environment.
My experience here was all around positive.
Kind caring people and the caring shows.
Clean facility.
Not a good situation now
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 10, 2018
Recently after 37 years of full time service, I have been demoted to part time (30 hours per week) because of decrease in inpatient/outpatient procedures.
Good
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 2, 2018
Great place for beginners! Great teaching hospital but its small so its small pay. Easy to navigate around departments. Everyone knows everyone. Its like a family
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Some doctors
Opportunity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 1, 2018
The company is the first to offer me a great career opportunity. However, the pay was low, the benefits were very poor, and ultimately the unit closed permanently that I had worked on. I have not had the same opportunity since.
I enjoyed working for this company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers, and the other departments where friendly and helpful and I also enjoyed getting to know everyone in the other departments.
Community Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 10, 2018
I have enjoyed working there.

Working two different positions.

Changes in healthcare and being a small community hospital.

I need a full time job and health insurance.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Now part time position
Travel nurse while here
RN (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 8, 2018
I only worked here for a couple of contracts as a travel nurse and the management and the staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. Great dept to work for.
poor work environment
staff nurse in the Acute care department (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PADecember 6, 2017
This place is scary. It gives too many patients to its nurses and requires overtime. Having 9-10 patients assigned to one nurse when they are getting transfusions, post surgery, etc is too much. Mistakes are going to be made when the nurse to patient ratio is that high.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
too many patients to one nurse, poor upper management
I loved my job at GCMC
Charge Entry Specialist / Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 18, 2017
I loved my Job at GCMC, I did IV medication billing and worked the front desk of the acute care. The staff members were all very nice and management is always there to help.
good
RN (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 2, 2017
good place for a experienced nurse to work. I enjoyed working there and they did all they could to help me out. Due to a medical condition i had to resign from my position
A great place to work.
Laboratory Aide/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJuly 2, 2017
With Grove City Medical Center, being a small hospital, it made the patients visits a better experience.
Everybody works together, creating a conducive working environment.
Certified Medical Assistant, Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed my employment throughly. I advanced my knowledge, skills and wore several hats at GCMC. I enjoyed going to work every day and loved my co-workers.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
fun and productive work environment
Paid Student Technologist (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 17, 2015
Staff is wonderful to work with and everyone helps each other out. All the Medical Imaging Modalities communicate well together, which makes everything run nice and smooth. The secretaries are amazing and try to help out any way they can.
If you enjoy cleaning apply here.
Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 7, 2015
A typical consisted of sanitizing and cleaning everything that could be touched. I learn that what you think is clean needs to be cleaned again and again in the hospital atmosphere. the management was okay. At times seemed more flustered than a new employee. The co-workers were great. I would the hardest part of the job was entering patients rooms to clean and trying to not disturb them. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of patients after their room was cleaned.
Pros
Light duty but fast paced
Cons
Cleaning human waste
Server, hostess. busser
Server (Current Employee) –  Grove city paMarch 1, 2015
hjdfgggggggggggggggggl hdfiuhdf;uihdsfh;jdjfsd hfi;jsdfhgljkhgkjhdfojgh;jhg;jhdfjkghdfjk;hgfhgkj;fhgjhdfkjghkjdfhgk
Skillfull
General Store Courier (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PANovember 15, 2014
I learned a lot of skills to use for my future jobs, especially because it was my first job and I got to develop lots of work skills for myself.
Day to day duties of a Charge Nurse
Charge Nurse/RN/Quality Assurance RN (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 12, 2014
As a charge nurse I oversee the unit and make sure it runs smoothly; patients remain safe, and get the best quality care possible. Working with a group of physicians to ensure the needs of the patient are being met and getting them better to go home and be successful is a big part of the job. I enjoy getting to know the patient and comforting them when they are sick and trying to do the best I can to get what they need done as soon as possible. The hardest part of the job is just not having enough time to get everything done in one shift and sometimes saying goodbye to the ones that have been on the unit for a long time and finally get to go home. I work with a great bunch of staff that focus on the patient and go out of there way to brighten there day.
Pros
Free Continuing Education Sim's Lab
Cons
short breaks sometimes
a great place to work
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAOctober 3, 2013
very nice and friendly. Fun to go to work and have such co workers.

Work you hours and get out very easy and steady pace

I was a student there at first then hired right out of college
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management was not the best/ pay little
Nice small community hospital
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 11, 2013
Overall it was a nice place to work at. Very nice people, a place i felt very welcome. OR staff and Pain Clinic Staff were fantastic. Made me want to come to work everyday. Thankful for a job right out of college in the xray department.
Pros
Great Co-workers, overall slower work load, ability to work in many departments
Cons
Was a dead end job, paid very little for my job title and education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grove City Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about