Grove Collaborative
49Low

Grove Collaborative Employee Reviews

The management team is very incompetent
The place is not organized, management is very complacent, and treat employees poorly. This company has great products and a great sense of care for there costumers on the bright side.
I was hired into a company with sparkles, and now it is covered in mud
Promised Work/life balance was what drew me to Grove. A year ago, we all had laptops, unlimited PTO and a great vibe in our fancy Old Port office. They have made so many rounds of stripping away all of the good parts and left us all feeling like we add absolutely no value to the company. Quotas is all they care about and all that is celebrated and rewarded. There is literally no quality assurance program (and the service shows that), even though several "lower-class citizens" have attempted and all but begged to put something in place, so that we can all thrive. Do a great job and fear a random firing, at the whim of someone who works across the country and has no idea who any of us are. Do a great job, and be told that if you call in sick, you will get a demerit point and if you dare total 5, you are terminated. Do a great job, apply for an upward position and find out that your application never is even seen by the hiring manager for the position, as they surely do discriminate move up only the favorites. They pay some of us really well, which is the one positive. Sadly, they have greatly reduced the incoming rate of pay and it makes me feel wretched to know that I am making 25% more than my peers. I am ACTIVELY seeking employment elsewhere. Anywhere, but here.
The workers
It’s really a good job it’s simple just fast paste. Keep moving and making your numbers and you will be good the monitors might suck but on a good day it’s really easy and time flies
Go somewhere else
Really hot in the summer-not climate controlled
Bad management team

Completely unorganized

No raises

Either really backed up on orders or no orders in the system

Sending you home early or forcing you to do mandatory extra hours

They don’t offer incentives

Health insurance if eligible costs a lot

Hardly any advancement opportunities

Bad communication with employees
Pros
4 days a week or 3 days a week if you are not on mandatory overtime
Cons
Almost everything
It’s a rally bad company
They don’t care about people, to much favoritism and the leads or supervisors are disrespectful and talk to the people nasty , a really bad place to work
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Started out great...
This company started out great, unfortunately as it has grown it has gone downhill big time. Upper management was brought in that only cares about turning a profit. He came from Walmart and is choosing to run Grove like it is Walmart. Local leadership has also been questionably promoted. No one in the company seems to care about the employees anymore unless you are one of the chosen ones and somehow the company continually finds ways to make it a worse place to work. I’ll be getting out the first chance I get.
Not a good place to work at..
Not a good place to work at...very unfair.. You get No pay raise.. If they mess up in any of your paper work when hired they will take a very long time to fix it or not fix it at all... If you are sick and have to miss work and come back with a doctor's excuse you still will receive a point.. Also a lot of favoritism in that job with certain people... Will NOT recommend Grove calibration to No One..
Honestly, I'd avoid it.
I was hired in a group of about 10. at the end of the first week there were 2 of us still there. I worked for about a month, and then decided to leave. You get your choice of 2 shifts (1 coming in at 6am-4:30pm, or the other coming in at 5pm and staying until 3:30am.) extremely disorganized as far as the flow of orders through the building. everybody bumps into each other while trying to pick, which hurts everyone from hitting their expected numbers. surprise mandatory 12 hour shifts with little to no warning. co-workers are awesome, and the place does smell great. but the pay is too low for what they expect of employees. none of management (excluding the leads, they're mostly cool and just trying their best) seems to have a clue what theyre doing. backlogs are not shared with employees in daily huddles, so you never know how many orders there are that day. you can listen to music though, so that's cool. Nonexistent pay raises.
Pros
listen to music, good benefits, casual dress code
Cons
no raises, 12 hour shifts, no flexibility, clueless management
Productive and a fast work and a wonderful place to work
I loved to go to work I love my co workers always had work fast place I never missed a work day always on time because the environment was so nice. I dont have any bad things to say about the job they was one of the best jobs i had.
Nice place to work
I will encourage people to apply here because it a good place to work, people wear some clothes the way they want but has to be really casual and good looking to other employees. No toe shoes just sneakers
Great mission, great company
I love this company: it starts with the mission which could not be more genuine. And, I feel lucky to work with so many smart people who want to build a company that does good for the world.
Picking/Packing
Using a push cart to pick orders, then dropping off the cart for each order to be put in an assembly line. Then packers grab an order off the line. Packaging the order in an appropriate sized box. Some computer work involved.
Disorganized Mess
After one day in the Elizabethtown Pa. facility I quickly realized this was not a good working environment. My orientation consisted of the manager not wanting to take any time for me to finish filling out my I-9 paper work, which would be needed for me to work there legally. I realize there is a couple day window to get that filled out, but he seemed to be confused and not even sure I needed to fill it out at all. He took me to the floor and asked an employee if she would train me and he was met with a cursing filled tirade. The manager laughed and looked for another person to train me. My trainer was annoyed, though she tried her best to be nice to me, because training me they did not allow for her to produce less. Training me was causing her to not make quota. After next to no training I was let on my own. I am a quick learner so it was not hard to figure out the job, and the manager did inform me they would give me some time before i needed to hit quotas, so I was not overly worried. Once I noticed that everyone was picking from the same area at the same time, I realized this place was a clown show. Employees were pushing each other around (including pushing me) and taking things off of each others carts, to try and make the quota. I simply moved back and let the piranha feed. Then I picked my orders, still some others grabbed things off my cart. By the middle of the day I was at 130 pieces a hour, the goal is 180, I was happy with this being my first day and I never had worked in a warehouse. The supervisor for order picking told me I needed to pick up my pace. In the - more...
The pay was ok, but they could have been more professional and organized on how they ran thing’s
Fast paced environment, very unorganized staff, no overtime, very stressful conditions. Not enough accommodations for model workers . The company has plenty of potential to be a good place to work if the proper changes were made.
Have a plan B
Pros:
Decent pay.

Pleasant coworkers, mostly

Decent benefits

Cons:

No paid holidays, must use PTO.

No flexibility

No handbook/rules made up on spot

High turnover

Bad management

Surprise mandatory OT on day's off

Warehouse is typically a mess

Blatant favoritism

Sudden layoffs

Generally unpredictable hours, surprise OT and mandatory VTO (Sent home due to lack of work and not paid)

Horrible training
Review
The managers and staff were very fair. It was kind of unorganized at times but I felt like I was respected for the most part. Things were better when I switched to the day shift a much better staff.
pesadisimo ambiente
en Grove aprendi muchas cosas entre ellas a hacer diferentes ordenes y al mismo tiempo empacarlas y Tambien aprendia hacerles QC a cada orden, la gerencia no era muy Buena y la parte mas dificil del trabajo fue que la gerencia no entendia al trabajador a la hora que necesitabamos un permiso para citas al doctor o cualquier otra cosa que tuvieramos que hacer, y la parte que mas me gusto fue lo mucho que aprendi con respecto al area de fulfillment
Pros
trabajo no muy dificil
Cons
muchas horas de trabajo y muy dificil era que nos dejaran descansar un dia
Pick items off the shelves into bins and then pack the items into boxes
Nice environment easy going people easy going management light-duty work very easy hjjjjjjdjxxjxidjdjdjehdvxgxy EU wosoxoxpslaskskskxkxbvehdbfieowpwpsksnfnfjdjsoscjjeejsji xxnx ofkgosjcjdjsejrjdjsjjdjejsdjfh
Lots of over time..
Grove is a good place to work at.. Pretty good team leads very helpful everyone. Works together to get tasks done. And the boss is very understanding.
Waste people time
They hire you and expect you to achieve these high goals. They are unorganized in order to hit the goal they want you to get you have to run for 10 hours , on concrete . No incentive for people that do run 10 hours.
production
I loved working there and operating forklift and I also worked scan gun as well and receiving the hardest part of the job was not being able to do overtime
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grove Collaborative. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9