Grove Collaborative

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

An okay place to work

Management gives free cleaning stuff to employees. I think that the point system they have at the moment could be tweaked but is understandable since they are a smaller company. They do what they can to help the employees. You can get a raise if you never call out or are never late.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Pressure to hit number goals

Not recommended

The position started out strong but lost its corporate culture within just a few months. Grove guides were initially empowered with an ability to help customers, which was slowly stripped from us over time, along with most of the initial promises made on behalf of management.

Pros

Nice office

Cons

No support from management, no room for growth, and constant reshuffling of employees

Productive and Fun

Clean, organized warehouse, lots of incentives make working here FUN! Great pay for the work, reasonable goals with support from your lead to get you there! Very casual atmosphere allowing you to wear comfortable clothes (shorts, leggings, joggers) and listen to music/headphones while you work. Great management team with a diverse group of employees.

Pros

Benefits, Incentives, Great Management

Cons

Not climate controlled

Fast paced work environment, where you need to meet a standard number every hour/day. But overall a good job!

I as an individual am very pleased for taking this job! Yes it is fast paced, continuous moving. But for what they pay it is worth it to me to work part time, Fri, Sat, Sun 8 hour shifts. The other ppl do 12 hours, I would consider if desperate. Nobody really bothers you, you just go about your job and business. There are some rude employees that think they own the picking aisles. They will take up whole aisle or bump into you purposely because they are just plain rude and in to much of a rush. You have ppl who leave empty boxes sitting around and that gets quite annoying and old!! Quick!! Im new and you have ppl see you struggle and won't stop to ask if your okay or need help!! My trainer was amazing, she was very helpful and informative! Dont get me wrong there are some good ppl that will help or talk to you, but not many. You are basically a body filling a spot to make them money!! But I'm content with my job and being left alone to do what I need to do and make my money, cause in the end its about me! But I would recommend this company to other ppl.

Pros

Good pay, cool lunch room, decent breaks, their "store" where you can shop for their products free.

Cons

To early to tell lol other then some rude ppl

Good easy going job

This is an easy job. You make good money, they are employee centered. I don’t like the management, they really need to reconsider who is running the place. I don’t like that there really isn’t advancement opportunities unless they like you. Otherwise, the numbers they ask for are easy, compensation is decent, and the hours and days are great.

Cons

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Grove Collaborative

great place to work but would not recommend if you can't stand on your feet for very long. But if you are looking for a job and are desperate, Grove is the place to be.

Temporary

This place is great if you are looking for a temporary job, however I do not recommend for anyone to work here longer than a few months. It gets very exhausting super fast. Management expects everyone to be as fast and literally machines.

Pros

Four days off

Pesimo

Di todo en este empleo y terminaron tratandome como basura!

Pros

Ninguno

Cons

Todo

Trying to justify

My job is very tedious. No one talks. It is very oddly quiet even though over 60 people work there. Production is number one. Everything else is insignificant. Honestly no one should work here. There isn't really anything positive

Pros

Free stuff

Cons

Pay, hours, outlooks, management lies, lots of work with no reward

Great environment, no raises

Pros: Great place to work, for the short term. Friendly staff and management. Wifi. Listen to music all day.Cons: Little room for advancement. No pay raises, ever (unless you're a specific person who hits way above goal everyday. But only that one person, nobody else who busts their butt everyday). Overworked and underpaid. Unbearable heat, masks make it 10x worse. Favoritism is evident with one certain associate. Drama is worse than a high school.

Don’t Be Fooled

Worked a year here and I’ve seen 2 general managers come through, I’ve had 3 different managers, and the amount of mass firing and then mass hiring is SCARY. I’ve trained well over 35 people, most of whom quit or got fired, not to mention we have several other trainers with the same outcome. Our HR department is a rotating door just as much. As a trainer, I received zero compensation while being forced to train as many as 3 people in a few hours and then somehow expected to still hit goal. If you have a medical condition or a busy life outside of work, expect ZERO accommodation as well as receiving points for whatever they feel. Favorites get away with no points for leaving early/coming in late/calling off. They will give you a raise just to take it away a month later, often times leading you to believe it will be kept permanently.This place is just all around bad, don’t waste your time or energy here.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Nothing the mangers doesn’t care about workers there. I got fired cause someone tried to fight me and I did the right then and still got fired

Don’t workout there not professional at all they don’t understand if you have any problems. You can be the best worker there and still get treated bad

Pros

Cons

All sucks

Overall pretty good place to work.

I still currently work at Grove and I do enjoy the work despite the longer duration of the shift. Management can be touchy at times but I would say it is definitely better than most warehouses for sure. The work is consistent and easy to learn as well as maintain. I absolutely love the other pickers, they are fantastic and helpful with a positive attitude. Management as well as the coworkers always make sure that your questions are answered and always help to the best of their ability which I loved when I first started and still enjoy. The warehouse is not temperature regulated but they do have huge fans placed in the pick aisles which help immensely as well as access to water and Gatorade when needed. As long as you are diligent about your attendance, you really shouldn’t have any issues. The only downfall would be that there is a little bit of drama which can make things negative but ignoring it is the best way to go. I very much enjoy working for this company overall and would highly recommend.

Pros

Positive work environment, helpful coworkers/management

Cons

Dress code, some drama

Its a business no matter what

It was once a great place to work for, but they make people wanna leave even in high places. They don't care about anything but production and management has not a single clue it's a joke really.

Pros

3days

Cons

No ac, not a care for you has a individual

Former employee

Not a safe place to work. Poor management, they protect employees they like regardless of what they do. They get away with pretty much anything. They prefer numbers over culture which makes the place very toxic and unfair for many to work. People are disrespectful, a lot of entitlement, high expectations with very little resources to work with.

Pros

Company has eco friendly products.

Cons

Poor management, not safe, no culture, toxic, favoritism, entitlement.

The only thing that stands out at Grove is their POOR management and lack of human decency.

The description of the job details is the complete opposite of what the job actually is. People don’t clean up after themselves. Warehouse is always dirty. The managers don’t care about the employees. The leads don’t know their basic policies. I DONT RECOMMEND THIS JOB AT ALL!!!!!

Cons

Literally everything

Not the best

Don’t pay enough for amount of work and the point system they have definitely isn’t the best. The shifts are long and it gets hot cause they have no ac

Wouldnt recommend this place

Management, supervisors and leads can't hit the production numbers asked of employees. Forklift drivers are reckless and rarely comply with OSHA regulations. Never get the chance for pay raises after years of employment. They only value the employees that are "power" hitters and hit above production goal. I've seen many, many managers walk in and out of that place as well as supervisors. Leads are lazy and 🌈 is completely clueless as to what the job at hand is. All in all, outstanding place to work if you hate your life and want a shameful release from he**

Pros

3 day weekends

Cons

Everything.

Unfulfilled promises

You will be promised one thing and given another. Gift cards promised for meeting certain goals may not be given. Double holiday pay promised might show up on your paycheck as only 1 1/2 times. Only explanation is oops we made a mistake but nothing done to fix that mistake.

Pros

Free cleaning products

Cons

No raises.

Don’t work here unless you’re a robot and have zero health issues.

Don’t get sick on the job, don’t have medical issues and don’t get migraines while working, honestly just be in perfect mental and physical health working here. You’ll get points and even if you go to hospital/urgent care and have proof of your medical issues they’ll still penalize you for leaving early even with proof of having a medical emergency. All they care about is hitting numbers. Management picks favorites and trainers suck. You’re thrown to the wolves once you get hired and have to fend for yourself. Just a terrible experience working here and I’m not the only one. 6 months in and there’s been multiple new managers, firing of the general manager, an employee walk out, a mass firing and a mass hiring. You can barely go to the bathroom without your numbers falling below goal. They can track how long you are away from your station and will interrogate you as to why you weren’t packing. If you have a bad day or are having issues mentally all they say is to push through and get those numbers. Overall not a great company to work for, they expect you to work like machines and don’t give you enough time in breaks.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything, 10-12 hour shifts and only 30 min lunches.

A decent start followed by a swift decline

When I first interviewed and was hired, the company had a solid mission, was quickly growing, and management insisted that being a Grove Guide "was not a normal call center" position and that opportunities to advance would be plentiful. Excellent health benefits, very flexible and generous PTO policy, casual and comfortable office with plenty of spaces to work. Unfortunately, the customer service department restructured shortly after I started. Benefits started to get peeled back, starting pay for new hires was significantly reduced, more rigid (and not necessarily useful) policies implemented, questionable HR practices, poor communication, and the list continues. I hope that things have improved for the sake of those still working there. Needless to say, I don't regret moving on from Grove.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grove Collaborative. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

• Grove Collaborative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?