Grover Corporation Employee Reviews

Good work--good people
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time there--it was full time work and the people were a joy to work with. The two people I worked under were exceptional, both personally and professionally.
Pros
In general, it was a great place to work
Cons
I worked under contract--I wish I were a permanent employee with company.
good but dying company
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2017
This is a good company however it is a dying company in the business and is struggling to stay up. They need to vamp up the facility to appeal to people.
A pretty good place to work.
CNC Machine Operator/Setup (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2017
My typical day included:• Setup CNC mills and lathes, Operate CNC Laser, CNC mills and lathes, making offsets to adjust parts, offset inspection, inspection reports, quality control, tool changes, editing and maintaining programs, manual deburring, broaching, checking finish, roundness and, radiuses, use of micrometers, calipers, gauges, optical comparators and various methods of inspection
Pros
Proximity to my home.
Cons
Short breaks & high volume of work.
bad place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2017
no advancement or job security company only interested in filling there pockets Hot, dirty work environment, little pay to no pay cut hours that's all
It is not as it seems!
Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2017
-Very poorly run company
-Very very poor benefits
-Overload of work
-Too many "corporate goals"
-Employees underpaid and not appreciated
-Unreasonable expectations set so employees are not eligible for bonuses
-Highly micromanaged professional staff
Pros
Non-Management Employees
Cons
Everything Else
Enjoyable and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2017
I walk into work, file, scan, copy, lead projects, and answer phones. My co-workers are nice, and everyone always has a smile. My favorite part is having my own space/cubical to work in.
great place to learn!
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, wiDecember 16, 2016
I learned so much while working at Grover, it was a fantastic experience!

While working here I specialized in shipping and receiving as well as learned how to count mass numbers of product and assure its quality!
Hiring Great People, Making Great Parts for Great Customers
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2015
Grover Corporation was moving in the right direction and we put all of the pieces in place to grow rapidly in 2015. The leadership group was developed and the core group stayed focused on organic growth while still focussing on the expanding our market. With 2015 fast approaching we were moving into the Frac Pump industry and made all the necessary adjustments and purchases to do so and make an impact in the market. Unfortunately, gas and oil prices dropped significantly in Q1 of 2015 and continued to decline throughout the year, which impacted Grover's core business (Piston Rings) and shut down any possibility of getting into the Frac Pump business until the economy turned around.
This is what made the job so worth coming into every day. Things were changing and we were as an organization forced to identify new ways of expanding our market, which forced me to identify ways (inexpensive ways) of training our Supervisors, and Coaches on the floor. It also forced me to find cost savings around every corner, while still being a class "A" VP of Human Resources. It is a testament to the HR department that we still maintained our integrity despite watching other departments getting dismantled and virtually shut down due to downsizing. Although this was a hard thing to watch and be an active participant in, it was my job to see it through, in hopes of the manufacturing sector loosened up sooner than later so we could maintain our position in the market and assure no one else would lose their jobs.
Grover had a little over 100 people in both our Wisconsin and Texas locations
  more... and this is what I'd say was the best part of the job. All of the executives were required to have our boots on the ground and out on the floor talking to the people who kept us in business. Having the ability to fly at 30,000 feet to make organizational decisions but swoop down to ground level and maintain a solid relationship with the people on the floor helped in maintaining trust and an open line of communication.
All in all, I liked my employment with Grover, I enjoyed the work I performed, I enjoyed my staff, I enjoyed the people on the floor and most of all I enjoyed being part of a solid leadership team that joined hands and moved forward even when the economy was against us.
Pros
Cookouts when we hit our monthly numbers, Quarterly meetings at the Wisconsin Club, Leadership Team events
Cons
Failing market, employees who had tenure and felt a sense of entitlement
Reliable employment, relaxed environment, little room for advancement
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2015
This employer is stable overall. I have worked for this employer about 7 yrs. and my expectations exceed what this employer provides. The co-workers are easy to get along with. This employer has consistent work flow, but with little advancement opportunity. The environment is relaxed with decent wages. However, there is little regard for face-to-face employee evaluations and less regard for employees to voice the issues and concerns of daily operations.
Unique products offered to customers made you feel good to be part of something exclusive.
Shipping Coach (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2015
Each day I would use computer to generate orders to fill. I would pull orders of piston rings and package them. Create custom labels for packages and to label outside of boxes. Create customs invoices using Microsoft Excel for shipments outside of the country. Schedule pick ups and deliveries using different couriers. It was my duty to help facilitate customer specific orders to team members. I also had to run a chemical process line called a Mag line which dipped piston rings to give them a rust protection and a colored coating.
Pros
Fast paced environment, working with hard-workers
Cons
Chemical and metal smell, not enough natural light or fresh air
Nice Lean Program
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2012
Long hours,Good continuous improvement and quality programs. Long term cooperative employees
Pros
cookouts
Cons
healthcare
Well established company, wonderful people and great 401k
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennedale, TXJune 5, 2012
I was with Grover for 5 years and everyone was wonderful.
All of my Administrative experience came from this company and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great company to work for
Pros
great work environment, listens to issues and makes changes
Cons
small company high insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grover Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Grover Corporation Reviews by Location