Grow Financial Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Don't drink the purple koolaid!
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2019
This in over twenty + years has been the worst company I have ever worked for. The AVP'S are the worst. Zero support to be successful. They have no ethics and values. I dealt with more mature kids in middle school than here. Nothing uglier than older people gossiping. It's just a job.
Pros
Cons
The list goes on!
Grow
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2019
I hated working for a bank and this company has very problematic management that don't care much for their workers and are focused on making money above all else
Assistant Money Management Officer (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 30, 2018
Friendly coworkers. The members were always courteous. All the branches I worked at were a joy to be a part of. The management was supportive and engaged.
Pros
Good benefits, good management, good work environment
You are encouraged to take of the member.
Relationship Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed being able to be flexible in my role which made helping members go very smoothly. Every day was different it makes you grow in your job. Always ways to learn.
Pros
Compensation
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2018
Great place to work. Some in management should not be. Open and diverse organization. Great training programs. Main issues are company lacks transparency from management and no clear direction.
Constant top management changes - even more coming
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Was a good place to work, but personal vendettas among now former top management made it tough for corporate culture to take hold. Now, key top management personnel have either departed or will be retiring in the coming year. Lots of significant changes looming.
Pros
Tries to provide good benefits for employees.
Cons
Top management encourages cut-throat dismissals with no documentation of wrong doing by the employee, very inconsistent direction for managers from HR.
Great Place to Work. Lots of perks like pool table, ping pong, gym and most of all great benefits.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2018
I previously worked for Grow over the last 18 years. I am very grateful and thankful for all of the knowledge, training and experience I received from this company. I am extremely grateful for the 401 benefits and the competitive salary. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for Grow. Such a blessing!
Pros
401k, tuition reimbursement, competitive salary, no micro managing
N/a
Relationship Specialist (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Great place to work. Pretty flexible p/t schedule but full time is hard to get. Focuses too much on the "sales" aspect. Premium pay for part time but you lose it once you accept a full time position if you can get one.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Part time
na
Member contact center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
wouldn't recommend call center is always busy. Management isn't the best. Grade on "randomly" picked four calls out of thousands not fairly graded. Everyone is weirdly nice
Fun place to work
Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
Fun place to work. Excellent training program. The management team is somewhat understanding, but in Corporate America who is understanding. Work life balance somewhat impossible.
Great place to work with great people.
Relationship Specialist III (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2018
What i love about Grow Financial is they are very focused on making sure everyone is happy in one way or another. It is a great place to work with great benefits and incredible employees.
top place to work
Relationship Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLApril 2, 2018
great training and very diverse and employee oriented. Everyone works together and communicates. they have great benefits and lots of fun is part of their montra.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
works Saturday
Very good
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2018
The analytics team is very knowledgeable, very collaborative, and they understand our situation.
They pay well. They encourage you to try new things. My supervisor was very good at encouraging people.
Productive and Thriving workplace
Relationship Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 1, 2018
I learned many customer service skills while working at Grow Financial Credit Union. The most important thing that I learned while working here was how to deal with tough customer situations. I also learned many life skills such as managing finances, time management and organization.
Fun and fair place to work.
Business Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2017
Grow Financial was a great company to work for, as I was there over 5 years. The pay could be a little low at times, compared to other credit unions. Very political, cliques are very noticeable, management is sometimes favored/chosen.
Pros
Great hours, relaxed environment.
Cons
Political, sometimes hard to advance.
Great Company and staff.
Direct Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2017
Grow Financial is a great company and has the perfect balance of productivity and fun. Top to bottom, the employees are great. I would definitely recommend as an employer and credit union.
Grow is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2017
Grow really appreciates your hard work and dedication. Work life balance is not just a saying at Grow. They are innovative and listen to all ideas. Grow is really a family atmosphere.
management
Retail Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLNovember 6, 2017
The pay is great escpecially for the area. The management is a little immature and high stung and pick some employees due to their appearance as to work qualifications. Some of the staff are kept around because of how long they've been there and not due to work performance.
Fun Place to work
Direct Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2017
It is a good company to work for with great importance on members and employees as well. There is a decent work life balance and want to make sure that family comes first before anything. Benefits are goo as well.
Pros
Great break room, Monthlty events for all employees, Great hours
Fun workplace
Relationship Specialist III- Mortgage Processor I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
Competitive, organized, detail oriented, good pay and benefits. Fun place to work, good benefits package. The most enjoyable part of the job, you get to make a difference in each people lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grow Financial Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Grow Financial Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location