Grow Learning Centre

Working at Grow Learning Centre: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

I didn’t like it.

The therapist and kids were great, but management sucked. When they did anything for us outside of fun week it was rare and very surprising. They never just celebrated us like everyone else. We always had to share the acknowledgment unlike everyone else. We did so much, but pay was very low. They also showed favoritism.

Stressful but rewarding

This is a good place to work in general. No advancements for pay ever, it is capped and you will not receive a raise past a certain pay. I never had problems with management for the most part but I heard others complaining. I did enjoy the job overall and feel that if I actually like the job and do it well, you’re supported and left alone. My biggest issue was a gap in support from upper management at one point. Pay was a big thing, if you do a job well you should get a raise before you retire.

Pros

Lots of activities, cool teacher appreciation week, fulfillment from helping children

Cons

Stressful, no pay raise

Grow Learning Centre insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Lack of support

The kids are great, sometimes difficult, but great. The therapists are amazing! However, management is awful and there is a lot of nepotism within this company. There is no support for teachers or techs. There is no room for growth. If you become a teacher, then that is as far as you will get.

Pros

Kids, therapists

Cons

Pay, nepotism, drama

Former Employee-ECDT.

This is honestly the worst management I have worked with. I loved the kids but management was disrespectful and difficult to work with. They do not value you as a person unless it is to their benefit.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Management.

Okay

Kids are great. Management sucks. Too much favoritism. Somehow everything will be your fault. Not organized most of the time unless something important is going on. Pay is low for what you're expected to do. No communication at all (unless you're a favorite then you'll know everything). No opportunity to grow. Too careless about their employees. Will still open while kids or staff are sick with covid.

Pros

Great relationships with kids and families

Cons

management

Co workers are friendly and helpful

I love my job at Grow. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. I have made many new friends! A lot of times it feels like family! We enjoy a monthly pot luck lunch. Celebrate birthdays, baby showers.

Pros

Free meals, split shift, no weekends, major holidays off, comfortable atmosphere.

Cons

Can be stressful, could pay better.

good company

I loved working at Grow. I did not have any concerns working there. The job can be a bit stressful but overall the company goes over and beyond for their children. I recommend this facility to anyone that is looking for childcare

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

make a difference in employees

N/a

The kids were Sweet. Management was okay, wasn’t very good with communication. Very nice environment to work in over all..............................

Love the kids, the staff not so much

They definitely play favorites! I love the kids I work with, but unless you're bilingual you're not really a necessity or really valued. People running the classrooms often times don't know what they are doing.

Pros

Free lunch, experience

Cons

Short breaks, no real advancement

Easy Going, Requires Patience

It is a pretty easy going job, but you do have to pay close attention the the children, and it requires a lot of patience. Overall you enjoy watching each kid advance in their therapies .

Everyone there is like family

Probably the most relaxed place to work. Everyone there is friendly and caring. When you're out for more than two days, everyone there notices and asks if you were okay when you come back. You get to work with children which is fun, but also can be stressful at times. If you had a doctors appointment, or if you had a medical reason to be out or needed an accommodation, they helped you out as much as they could.

Pros

Easy to make friends, Laid back enivornment, Reasonable hours

Cons

The pay isn't high enough

Fun environment, fast paced, great management

I loved working for Grow as their nurse. The pediatric day treatment center is fast paced at times, but does have down time some days as well. The management and owners were wonderful, caring, and were sure not to understaff the nursing staff. I only left because we needed to relocate for my husband's job. I would love to work there again.

Pros

Great management, adequate nursing staffing

Very busy stressfull

The job is great the other fluff that comes with it isn't so great. Love the job. Just want to have the opportunity to excel to anything else. The overall flow of the job is great smooth and very fast paced I learned the meaning of true professionalism You have to work over in order to be prepared for the following week or day because there isn't a prep period .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Cancer

Wasn't enjoyable they obviously played favorites. The management looked for problems that weren't there. The van supervisor was the bright spot in management.

A fun work palce.

I enjoyed working with Grow, they staff were all a team. The owners were great to work for, they showed great interest in making sure that the staff was well taken care of. they showed hospitality towards the staff.

I provide a good learning environment for the children.

This center has the potential to become a great location to assist children with developmental disabilities. The typical work day includes working with children during circle time, learner centers and helping them develop their self-help skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grow Learning Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits