Growing Kids Learning Center
Happiness rating is 73 out of 100

Growing Kids Learning Center Employee Reviews

Growing Kids Learning Center insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Kids are fun and can take the wind out of you at the same time

The company is fun when it comes to the kids. As for management it was very poor. My original manager was amazing and a lot of fun and then we got a new manager and she wasn't fun. She made it harder to get things done and didn't seem to care about people's problems.

It's like a second family!

I love working at Growing Kids because it's not just a job. The staff, kids and families have become my second family. I care about them like I do my own relatives and they love and support me just the same. It's a blessing working for a place that values their families and employees like Growing Kids does. I'm very lucky.

Growing Kids Supports My Values

What makes me want to come to work everyday is that it gives me purpose. Growing Kids supports my values and provides me with my personal needs. I enjoy working with children and hope to make a difference in their lives and their families. I feel comfortable working in this place where I feel safe and supported.

Pros

Upbeat, supportive, friendly work environment! Work is FUN!!

Super fun and welcoming!

This is honestly the best job I’ve had, Plymouth growing kids especially! Everyone is very welcoming and the director is amazing, you can talk to her about anything and she’s truly cares and tries to help anyway she can, they are very good at having your back when it comes to any situation! You really do feel comfortable!

Pros

Free lunches, welcoming staff

We all work together as a family!

I love working for Growing Kids because we all work together as a family. We are always there for each other when its needed and I never had that anywhere else. Teachers are always there to lend a helping hand when needed and I just love the close bond that we have. The staff up front, especially the director, are very understanding when we are having a rough time or when we just need a few breather moments, which is important because its something we can all use from time to time. Everyday is filled with a new adventure you never know what exactly your day is going to hold. That's why I love working for Growing Kids!

Very low pay

The pay here is disgustingly low. Your cup will run over on a daily basis with no end in sight. They just keep adding on to everything you already do with no more compensation. Yearly raises are low. They do not pay enough to support yourself. If they raised their pay scale they would get better teachers. Decades of experience and college education do not get you higher pay. Management plays favorites and the regional manager plays into it. Finally the company includes all children regardless if the staff is educated on how to work with children that have special needs. The owner doesn’t care about quality staff just money in his pocket.

Pros

Love my families.

Cons

Everything else

I've worked for Growing Kids for over 15 years!

I have worked for Growing Kids for over 15 years! Starting as an intern, I was able to further my education with the support of Growing Kids. This allowed me to move up within the company multiple times over the years! I appreciate that Growing Kids is a very value driven company with high standards! I have loved my experience over this past several years and look forward to many more!

Horrible place to work at

It's horrible working there. Little pay for all the work you do and it's never appreciated when you do everyone's job and your own. They overwork you and it's a toxic workplace and it's exhausting to be there. 0/10 rating. Horrible horrible place don't apply here.

Cons

Toxic workplace

Very poor performance

Horrible place to work. I will personally never recommend this place to anyone. Director and Assistant Director are the worst people i have ever seen. So rude and unprofessional.

Pros

Cons

Everything about GK sucks.

Overall I enjoyed my time with Growing Kids!

You MUST have a passion to help children grow and learn to work here. If you don't, then DO NOT apply. Following state laws and regulations is mandatory in order to create a safe and loving environment for the teachers and children. You get PTO which is nice. The pay is not the best, but the main reason why you work here is to educate and care for children, not make a living off of it. If you have a degree you start at $11.25 without a degree I believe it's between $9-$10.

Pros

Free lunch, Pto, making a difference in children's lives

Cons

Favoritism is a thing from the director, assistant director, and morning supervisor.

Growing Kids is the best place I have worked!

Growing Kids culture is one of family and genuine care for others. It's definitely a team oriented environment as we work together to spread our values to the families we serve. We also have a lot of fun while we do it! I truly enjoy going to work every day.I feel very safe in regards to COVID. Growing Kids does everything they can to keep everyone safe at work. Temperature checks, masks, hand sanitizer available everywhere and social distancing is practiced.It's so rewarding to work for a company that wants to help the families, children, staff and communities we serve be their best and thrive!

For someone fresh out of high school

If you love being micromanaged and belittled by supervisors you will love it. They over charge the parents but pay the teachers low.The managers speak highly because they get paid well so nobody should ever take their word. This place is toxic Ireland, 23 and Elkhart are the worst and the new one that just opened. Beware!!!!

Pros

Nice coworkers, nice building

Cons

Disrespectful /threatening parents are allowed to stay, lying directors, supervisors who reprimand in front of others, favoritisms

Would not recommend

It was a good job for the first few weeks. I would not recommend it! With the amount of time and work you do it's not worth the pay. It is a very stressful work place. The building is very understaffed and the staff working has to pay for it. They promise to hire people but can not seem to keep people because of the bad pay and work environment.

Pros

long break

Cons

Bad pay, stressful, no help

Would not recommend

It started off as whats seemed to be a good work place. But after the first few weeks everything seemed to slowly go downhill. For all the stress and complications you endure it is definitely not worth the pay.

Pros

long break

Cons

bad pay, very stressful

Could be good place

This would have been a great place if the director was compassionate and was able to communicate. She wasn't fair and played favorites within the staff. She was more worried about her own image rather than doing what was best for staff and for families attending.

Would never recommend to anyone or send any children here.

Management has no regards for personal information, salary was talked about with other employees as well as many reports made to upper management about inappropriate behavior in regards to children and nothing was done about it. Cell phone use in classrooms was a huge deal and not enforced. Every member of management as well as director would gossip about anyone and everyone in the center, nothing you said to the director was ever kept confidential.

Great idea, bad execution

Its a great place to work if you need something super flexible and dont mind getting paid low wages. If you can get past that they offer very little in advancement for their employees and IF you stay long enough you might become a favorite. You often do receive the help you need in the classroom and during this whole pandemic employees have not been thought of.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay, bad environment

I like growing kids.

I like my job at growing kids, We teach the kids thru play I was in the potty training class, I liked that age Liked earlier hours. The hardest part of my job is trying to think of new fun things to do

fun place to work if you love kids

a typical day is taking care of kids putting them down for naps and making lunches and snacks and bottles.I learned how to handle toddlers better. management was not very flexible with peoples schedule.

Pros

weekends off

Cons

short breaks

Productive and easy-going work environment

A typical day at work included going to my office and conducting market research as an intern and managing social media when instructed. It was a wonderful experience that equipped me with useful skills going forward.

great place

Great group of women. little tough at first bc of gossip and you need to prove yourself that you are going to actually show up. I think some take advantage of such understanding staff and employer bc they are so family first oriented. but no matter what rumors may be i have worked in lots of places been a cpr trained babysitter at age 11 or so cant remember but out of most this group really does care. they just need little higher pay bc you cant make it being single mom on that pay. but no matter raises happen and they are open to listening and working with you.Just dont be on your phone. kids first always.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Growing Kids Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Growing Kids Learning Center
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?