Growmark Employee Reviews

Double Standards / Horrible Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Giving 1 Star was generous since giving 0 was not an option. If you want to work for a company that disrespects you, doesn’t communicate with anyone, severely under staffed & never get a review or raise this is your place!
I’ve never worked for a company that is as poorly managed as this company. This is an extremely hostile work environment. Managers bully & berate you. As long as you are one of the chosen ones, you can break every rule, with no repercussions. While the grunts do the chosen ones work along with your own work. Managers bury their heads in the sand when you approach them with a problem. They care more about what themselves then what’s good for the company... If I could rate employee morale it would be negative zero!! Let’s talk about wages!!! Ha that’s a joke! You are so grossly underpaid for the amount of work that is demanded from you! If you even think about requesting a raise, you are told there are plenty of people that would work for your wages. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy!
Busy Agriculture Company
Credit Assistant/Legal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEMay 24, 2018
Working at Growmark was a rewarding experience that I will cherish. I worked on both ends of the spectrum. I worked in both Customer Service and in the Credit Department. I was always busy either with customers billing questions or customer credit questions. The culture of the company was to satisfy the customer profitably and I do feel that happens most often. The management team is a wide array of demographics so there are allot of different ideas and management styles. I did enjoy my time at Growmark, however my growth went as far as it could go with the company so we had to part ways. All in all a very good and profitable company.
Pros
100% 401k match and employee clothing allowance
Cons
Allot of double standards
Relaxed and comfortable work space
Summer Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 31, 2018
I was always well informed on my tasks and comfortable talking with my co-workers. I gained lots of experience in the work field as a growing intern. The break time and pay is fair and there are good benefits.
Pros
Style of work
Cons
n/a
Great place to make a career
Employee Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 11, 2018
GROWMARK, Inc. is a great organization to work for. The company is managed by a group of very experienced and knowledgeable leaders. As an agricultural cooperative, the organization has a long history of success and experience that enables the company to weather the many ups and downs in the world economy.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
not very diverse - but they are making efforts to become so
Toxic Toxic Toxic
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 28, 2018
I recently left Growmark feeling devalued and demoralized. I really want to emphasize how the current culture made me feel less than I was. There's a toxic culture throughout Growmark's headquarters in Bloomington. I've personally witnessed it from VP to mailroom. I didn't fully understand until I went to work for my current employer that has empowered me and makes me feel incredibly valued. I never realized how important leadership was until Growmark. Leadership decisions on personnel are not made based on performance, but on who's a better cronie. They are made through a toxic gossip mill and whispered conversations in dark corners. Leadership roles in Growmark currently consist of unqualified and ammoral individuals. Beware of 'committees' they are there for throwing people under the bus. Looking back, I wish I would have moved on sooner rather than later.
Pros
Good coworkers, cafeteria
Cons
Anyone with 'supervisor', 'manager', or 'director' in their title
Good place to work just poor mangent
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2018
I liked doing the work we did there but the boss just didn't know how to run it an running it in the ground an we got alot of hours but it was like pulling teeth to try an get off for a famliy thing
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Boss
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, IASeptember 19, 2017
GROWMARK,Inc. is a good company with great people and great benefits with many opportunities for advancement. The training they offered helped me gain a lot of knowledge about computer programs and how to use them.
Pros
Great benefits and great people
Great Place to Work
Enviro, Eng, Safety & Ins. Svc. Admin. Asst. (Current Employee) –  1701 Towanda Ave, Bloomington, IL 61702March 14, 2018
GROWMARK, Inc. is a great place to work! They offer room to grow, offer lots of Career Development opportunities, and everyone here works as a team instead of divided departments and divisions. They are very diverse and continue to strive to improve their employee experience.

I would recommend GROWMARK, Inc. to anyone who is looking for a strong, honest, competitive company!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 13, 2018
when I first started it was a wonderful place to work. Everyone cared for each other and helped each other. As time went on and new management came in it seemed like the new co-workers were out to blame everyone but them self when a mistake happened. It just wasn't fun anymore and time to retire.
Mostly good people
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 25, 2017
There are some really good people that work at Growmark but the logistics department is not a place I would recommend working. The logistics manager only cares about numbers and not people he expects perfection in an imperfect world of transportation.
Pros
Good retirement benefits decent pay.
Cons
expected to work long hours with no compensation.
Do not work for Laurel de FS unless your family
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, DEJanuary 10, 2017
Was hired for full time position, got my 401k and 5 mounths later asked for my health insurance , manager told me I have to wait till the end of the cycle 11 mounths. Does any one in growmark watch the Laurel de branch?????
From being there for 5 mounts loading trucks I seen the corruption of the manager , like the free loads fertilizer going to there friends and familys that farm, the un safe work environment, and the family members that work there that does nothing and get paid,
Does anyone wonder why u don't see nothing on the internet about the Laurel DE branch ? Well after working there now I know. All the other stores are well advertised and run like they should be ,
DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME AT LAUREL DE STORE The two Managers are a joke !
Management are cold, arrogant and self-serving.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Management bonuses are so outrageously out of proportion compared to the average worker, they tend to loose sight of humanity in persuit of these large bonuses. I think that workers should demand to know the bonus amounts of all management.
Management are also big on "ethics and morals" making the workers take several tests a year to let them be aware of what is expected of them, but I know of several examples where management did not follow these rules.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management, management, management!
Total Grain Marketing has a professional work environment
Grain Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJuly 31, 2017
I participated in an internship jointly through Growmark, Inc and Total Grain Marketing. I was fully immersed in the Grain Merchandising department at TGM and learned many valuable skills relevant to grain merchandising and operations.
Pros
Excellant Hours and Compensation
Family Oriented Enviroment; very good compensation, benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 23, 2014
This corporation purchased my employers business in 2006 and offered most of the current employees a position. The accounting functions however were transferred to corporate headquarters and my job changed a lot.

The supervisor was new to the position and didn't handle any conflicts very well, or the presentation of ideas.

My position was customer service/order processing with little or no accounting included.
Pros
Compensation; Benefits
Cons
Inexperienced management, distance from home to work
Growmark, inc.
General Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 3, 2018
Is an excellent company to work for. They have many different programs to develop their employees and help them reach their potential. Ethical, stable, prosperous business with great senior leadership. Great corporate culture. Very close and fairly flat organization structure.
This company often promotes men over women and does not care about their employees overall
Benefits Administration (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 15, 2014
I was in charge of benefits administration support of employees and retirees. I also designed and implemented the automated 401k system. My supervisor's boss rewarded my hard work and dedication with 3 times my workload and forced my immediate supervisor to write bad reviews about me. This caused my immediate supervisor to resign.
Pros
Co-workers and customer support
Cons
Decent pay, good benifits. Favoritism, microscopic management
Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 8, 2015
Stable company, If you like micro management here you go. Highly political and if you just do what you are told then it's fine til it hits the fan. If you "fit" in OK, if you have opinions, not so good. Slow to change.
Pros
Pension, benifits
Cons
Micromanagement, good 'ol boy network.
good place to work
Assistant Blender / Bulk Operator (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 5, 2018
Assistant Blender / Bulk Operator February 2007 to August 2009
• Assisted lead blender with assigned product, ordering and inventory control, responsible for placement, loading and unloading of bulk products
• Insure the control of quality for assigned products and operations
• Responsible for offloading of railcars and transports, product handing, bulk finished
• Product loading, raw material inventory control and equipment maintenance
cold and steady
Petroleum Delivery and Sales (Former Employee) –  Ishpeming, MIFebruary 19, 2018
For a Job In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this was a good job self motivating but overall i was lucky to work for a company such as this they will be missed just not the weather
Pros
was my own boss
Cons
had to travel many hours for meetings like to be home with my family every night
Too much discrimination, and managers were not professional
Skid Steer Operator (Former Employee) –  East Berlin, PAFebruary 3, 2017
After being called a "NIG*ER" a myriad of different times, I figured it was time for a change...Why stay there if I was called that? Well I was blackmailed into the job, young broke kid told to keep his mouth shut in return for employment.

The pay is decent, and bonus was great. But money isn't everything.

Management was poor, beyond poor. You can't pick and choose when to follow the rules. Either you don't, or you do.
Pros
Bonus, Overtime hours
Cons
management, culture, no room for advancement