Growmark
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Growmark Employee Reviews

United States68 reviews
The organization is stable and does value a work/life balance. There is very little diversity or willingness to be open to people of color or women in leadership roles. They have been reactive during Covid-19 and been flexible but that is up to your leadership more than the organization as a whole. Standard holidays off schedule, 7.75 hour work day, and one HSA benefit plan.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Fully Funded Pension by Employer
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Only One Medical Plan (HSA)
You’ll work 75-80 hours a week while staying in a hotel all week. Starting pay is $14 for seasonal with minimal experience. You’re lucky to achieve full time only if another person quits. If you hate raises, this is the place for you. Leadership is non-existent and you’ll typically have 2- 3 people a crew but that’s only if they all haven’t quit yet. They claim “Mon-Fri” but you’ll see Saturday and Sunday work. I’ve even experienced 7 12’s multiple times, back to back. They’ll feed you all the lies and false promises only to let you down and disrespect you. Training is only for lifts, which is a class and then you go up and down in a lift then you’re tossed in them at the next job site. The only safety meetings you’ll have are a few a year that are all crammed into one meeting but that’s only when it’s not busy season (2 months out of the year). If you reach Full-time and get PTO you’re expected to only use it during the winter because busy season is more important than your earned time off. When crane day comes around, you had better hope you had a big breakfast or you’ll starve. Typically no lunch or a couple pieces of Casey’s pizza at 5 PM. We rarely get breaks as it is. Overall, this is not an ideal place to work, just turn the other cheek and don’t look back.
Pros
Room and food paid for while gone.
Cons
No social life, breaks, leadership, management, respect, life, rest, etc.
August 3, 2020
We are very sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. The nature of this position requires long hours due to the short window of time during the season. While this may not be an ideal position for everyone, training was, in fact, in place, and the long hours were stated during the interview process to make sure candidates felt comfortable. If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.
While working at Growmark, FS I loved the people and the culture they promoted. They had a really good work/life balance and allowed you to work remotely if necessary. Unfortunately, it is an agricultural business and the unpredictable nature of farmer sales caused a layoff, one of which I was a part of after being promoted only eight months earlier. Apparently management knew this layoff was coming but did little to prepare any of us. It was unexpected and abrupt. I didn't leave on bad terms with anyone, losing a job I loved was just very disappointing.
July 6, 2020
Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear you had a positive experience with us. We are sorry there was a lack of communication from management. We will continue to improve communication with our employees.
Growmark was possibly the best company I ever worked for. But my lead was very difficult to work with at times. I didn't want to leave and tried to move to 2nd shift. My supervisor showed no inclination to work with me on getting away from my lead and I felt I had no choice but to leave immediately, especially after the way I was treated after I told my lead I had put in two weeks notice.
July 6, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. We are sorry you had such a negative experience with your supervisor. Your feedback is important to us and it will be shared with management for future improvement.
Very friendly environment, and easy to acclimate to. Decent benefits. Most positions are done by 4:30. Flexible PTO time. 401k and Pension available.
July 6, 2020
Thank you for your review! We strive to give our employees a positive environment and great work/life balance, so your kind words are encouraging!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good people not much money. You are held to 40hrs a week. Learned alot but couldn't make enough to cover the Bill's. Would recommend for retired or right out of school.
July 6, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry the compensation did not match your expectations. We take all feedback into consideration to give our employees a positive experience.
Growmark does not care about their employees I got hurt there they fought tooth and nail not to fix me now that I’m close to getting better they fired me said they can no longer work with me all I did was my job even more then expected trying to help my immediate boss they left me at 60 with a bad back and 2 little girls with no job and no way to support my family
the internship was good overall. I learned a lot from this internship was able to gain a lot of skills and learn a lot about my self. Received scholarship out of 23 students for my outstanding work ethic.
July 6, 2020
Thank you for your review! We strive to offer as many helpful experiences in our internship programs as possible. It is a pleasure to learn that you gained so much from your time with us.
Loved working for Growmark

Sick time

Short term disability

Long term disability
July 6, 2020
Thank you for your review! We work hard to offer our employees a positive work environment and comprehensive benefits package and it is great to hear our work pays off!
Great learning environment. a lot of fast pace changes and The need to be detail-oriented is huge. You cant make a mistake or say the wrong thing because that will reflect poorly on the company
The company has lots of potential and the job itself is not bad but it's only seasonal and the months that you do work leaves you no time for family and of course you work during the spring and summer months so that's when people do family outings and vacation, but you can forget doing any of that. The company does give you vacation time but when you put in for certain days off they deny it. Then the manager at the Towanda location treat employees like garbage and he does the same to customers. It's a bad play to work or buy things
No advancement opportunities. You are usually hired for the position you will stay in. Upper management only care about dollars and how they rank. They say they sell service, but service is the biggest thing we lack
I personally enjoyed the many Member Companies Growmark serves; creating relationships and building trust within the member company system. The people truly are what makes the company unique!
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Easy to keep your job as long as you get things done. Nearly impossible to get promoted from within. Good Co Workers but Management keeps you at a distance, not building into you for new opportunities.
Pros
Good CoWorkers
Cons
Long Hours
Poor place to work. Jobs are being eliminated, positions aren’t being back filled, management is terrible and people are asked to do lore and more for less. Benefits are good but management is terrible and they don’t care about their employees
Food cafe, parking, culture, environment all good. People are generally happy,

The people I worked with, as well as the managers were super nice people.

Training was always available when needed.

If you had a family situation or appointment, management was good and understanding about it.

Pay is good, but benefits for medical not so much.
Pros
Food, parking, pay, culture, environment
Cons
Medical benefits (deductibles, etc.)
Growmark is an excellent entity. But certain CoOps collaborate with Growmark in regards to insurance, retirement etc. And in other capacities. But certain CoOps manage themselves and that's where things can take a dive. Low wage for superintendent position. Very below par and unsafe working conditions. It's unreal what you're asked to do in terms of safety. Once again this isn't a Growmark thing it's the little CoOps that ask you to risk life and limb. There are several CoOp locations that are one call from receiving substantial fines. Please do your research on the elevator you're applying for. It's not worth your safety
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, unsafe working conditions, low wage
GROWMARK is a good company to work for. It is smaller so everyone knows everyone. Opportunities are somewhat limited though in terms of advancement.
Co-workers were great and will help you with anything you need help with. Boss is bipolar and forgetful. Nothing you do is ever good enough for him. If it wasnt his way it was the highway. Hes against technology in a technology driven field of work anymore. Hes stuck in 1950. The equipment is junk except for a couple of new pieces of equipment. Everything was just bandaged to stay working and not fixed properly. Loved what I did work wise though. You'll meet alot of cool customers. If it weren't for the boss and the kind of low pay I would have stayed for life. Paid time off and 401k are the only good benefits.
Pros
The work itself, hours worked, paid time off
Cons
Bipolar boss you cant please
While I loved my team and co-workers, there was definitely a lack of understanding as to what upper management was doing or thinking at times.
There was also a too much work spread acrossed too few people and no flexibility for work/life balance.
I was always well informed on my tasks and comfortable talking with my co-workers. I gained lots of experience in the work field as a growing intern. The break time and pay is fair and there are good benefits.
Pros
Style of work
Cons
n/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Growmark. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight