Grubhub Employee Reviews

Convenience
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2019
Remote work at home, easy and convenient. I enjoyed working on my set schedule and like the idea of being able to be at home and make a schedule that works for me.
Good Part Time Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 20, 2019
This would be good if your looking for a p/t job. You get to choose your own hours. Pay is really good if you get lots of orders during your block. The only thing you have to do is get the food to the customer on time. Definitely wouldn't rely on this as your only source of income.
Pros
Hours, pay, friendly customers .
Cons
Management, wear on your vehicle.
Not the best
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
When you schedule blocks “shifts” in you decline one order like a 3$ order that you gota drive 30-45 mins to get to the count it against you . Nobody wants to drive across town for 3$ . It’s not worth the pay when you only getting orders worth 3-8$
Pros
You make your own schedule and can take orders when ever you want
Cons
Don’t get paid until the next week . Don’t get enough pay
Needs improvement
Restaurant Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
They need to treat all employees as if they matter and have a life and family outside of work. Give better pay. Acknowledge health issues. Have better open door policy
Pros
Pay bonus
Didn’t pay me for a week worked
Driver (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 19, 2019
Still haven’t received a check from them for a week worked it was supposed to be direct deposit. Banking information was wrong so I had to fix it but since the pay was rejected by the bank grubhub can’t redeposit the check via direct deposit. I’ve been waiting on a paper check for over a month now in the mail. I try driver Payments email but get no response. I call driver care on the phone and they direct me to driver payments who have no reps to answer the phone or take calls . Hard to believe a billion dollar company can’t even pay an employee 200$ for weeks work for food I delivered. Beware!
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lousy pay for far deliveries
Weekly pay motivated me
Contractor/Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 19, 2019
Weekly pay but wears your car down. Other than that it’s a flexible job that can supplement your other income. You have time to work, be with your family
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No benefits
Amazing part time job. not a full time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 18, 2019
As a student I pick my hours on weeks I don't have 9 tests two projects and 3 projects due which is nice. I make about 18-20 on average during the dinner hours. outside of dinner ours can be spotty but you are guaranteed wages if you can pick up blocks but again they aren't always available but that hasn't been a huge issue. It's the most freedom you will ever have on the job theres basically like two rules. get the food to where it needs to go from where it is and be relatively quick about it. you only hear from gh themselves if something is going wrong and they usually are there to help not yell at you which is wonderful. The most frustrating part about the job is when things don't go right and you lose out on money during the rush hours like if restaurants take 45 minutes to make your food after you drove 15 minutes to get there or if someone puts in the complete wrong address. overall it beats just about any other non skilled job out there.
Driver Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60603March 18, 2019
This is a great place to work and I have loved to work here for the past 3 years. Im grateful they gave me the opportunity. I would pick this place again.
Pros
Free lunch and good bonus structure
Not bad for a second job, or something to fall back on during tough times.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 17, 2019
Not bad for a second job, or something to fall back on during tough times.

Currently, I use it to make extra money on the weekend, to help push me to 40 hours a week from the usual 32 I work at my traditional job. But, when my wife had lost her job, I was able to use GrubHub to help get us by until we found a more permanent solution.

Definitely would recommend this as a secondary job if you don't mind using your own vehicle, and paying your own fuel. Remember, you can deduct your mileage for tax purposes, and that will help a lot. Also helps if you are willing to do your own vehicle maintenance, should doing so be cheaper and easy enough to DIY.
Pros
Decent enough pay, no "boss, " great way to spend part of a weekend instead of being lazy
Cons
Wear and tear on own vehicle, no benefits (understandable as I'm not an employee), and occasionally stressful when dealing with unhappy restaurants and/or customers
Ridiculous. Just all around ridiculous.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 17, 2019
For starters to get the minimum pay contribution which is 9$ per hour. You would have to make less than that while on a scheduled block. To figure that out they add your pathetic delivery pay plus YOUR HARD EARNED TIPS as well as your millage. If that equals 9$ per hour or more when added together then they won't give you any contribution. Which is ridiculous because personally I feel tip should be separate from delivery pay as well as your mileage pay because that has nothing to do with them or their company that's on you and your car. and not to mention your manage but people who have never been to the area most likely and they measure everything straight line distance miles and that's just not how roads work this is just a couple reasons why most GrubHub drivers feel not only underappreciated but underpaid as well. On top of all that in my region specifically you can forget a tip over $3 about 80% of the time every once in awhile you'll get that $5 tip. Most of the time you won't get any tip and driver care tells you that they'll tip you in cash when you get there. which most of the time is a lie and they don't want you to ask for tips. so you are pretty much at the mercy of the diner who doesn't care what you're dealing with as long as they get their food again speaking in a generalized sense it doesn't apply to everyone just most everyone. Trying to speak to management is a joke. there's no communication between driver care and your driver care specialist. A driver Care supervisor can tell you one thing and it be completely wrong according to your driver care specialist  more... they don't want to accept the blame for anyting and will constantly make you feel like anything wrong is on you. and there's no one above your driver care specialist that you can speak with i.e. 'management'.  less
Pros
Work on your time.
Cons
Everything else.
Start Up
Senior Customer Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
When I started it was only like 40 employees and were like a family, then as we got to start growing it became more and more like a corporation and they were more concerned with the bottom line than the employees.
Grub Hub
DATA ENTRY TECH (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2019
I worked temporarily at Grub Hub through a staffing agency for about 2 months. It was a a great place to work. It has a good office culture and good management.
Love working for grubhub
Grubhub delivery (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 3, 2019
I get to choose my hours based on a pre-made schedule. Gotta work to have your choice though. There are program levels that decides what order the schedule is given. Basically if you don't keep your percentages up you lose your program level
Decent pay but not worth it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 26, 2019
I started at $15 an hour in a small area with one restaurant to deliver to and thoroughly enjoyed it. Grubhub decided to cut delivery in that area and had to reassign me to a different area. I got reassigned and then got suspended after a week or two. My suspension was due to "taking too long on orders and not getting enough orders" which were both incorrect and out of my control. I finally got my suspension lifted and went back to work after taking Grubhub's advice. I followed their advice and they still suspended me and refused to reinstate me. I will NEVER work for Grubhub again and I could never recommend them to anyone, as an occupation or as a food delivery service.
Pros
Decent pay, make your own schedule
Cons
Incompetent management
Fun place to hangout but not the place to advance
Online Restaurant Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2019
It's a great place right out of college if you're just trying to drink and hangout. However, there is zero chance for advancement as all management is hired from outside.
Meeting quota can be stressful. There is a blanket quota for everyone which is ridiculous. For example, an older rep will get to travel into a territory for a week, meet face-to-face, and gets to choose from that whole area to sell from. While a newer rep has to cold call into a market, try to make sales over the phone, while only having 1/4 of the leads because they have to share. If you can make it to a traveling rep, you only have to work about once a week and can coast the rest of the month but the climb there is awful.
Pros
Free Food, Happy Hours
Cons
Favoritism, lack of advancement, Corporate BS
Great Place to Work (PART TIME)
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2019
Everyone who is complaining about the pay.. Its not meant to be your main source of income. Unless you want to work 60 hours or more a week. I only do it after work and during the weekend. I just do it so I can have some fun money. My main source of income goes towards bills and necessities then I have the weekly grubhub check for movies, Going out to dinner, and other outings. The job is great and so so easy. Most people on here I feel like just started working and they are only a partner. Stick with it until you are a primeire driver then you get to reap the benefits!
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Sometimes its really slow.
Decent Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Black Canyon City, AZFebruary 18, 2019
This is a decent place to work for as long as you are willing to work a lot of hours. If you put in the hours then you can make good money. You get paid weekly.
Great Part Time Job Not Full Time
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 15, 2019
I have been a full time Grubhub Driver for 2 years. The pau aint bad. I work in a campus town. Stude ts leave and you loose about 8 bucks an hour. I average 19 an hour when they are here. I also work 50+ hours a week. They never provided me with anything for the job and I had to buy them myself. Tax write off. Which to help you with taxes you need to write off and track all your milage. Speak with a tax preparer before you do to much. I have to figure 40% of what I make for taxes. I make about 650 a week up to 850. Now take 40% out for taxes. If you do not do a long form on your taxes, you will owe out big. I made 32k last year and owed about 7k in taxes. Just a warning. Go in with knowledge.
As for the management, they will cheat you. They withheld 180 dollars on me during a bonus time with bad weather. They told me it was a typo and was neved meant to be paid out. Even though I have the messages stating what the bonus was to be. They never advised anyone and said it was a typo. You are a number to them and can easily be replaced. They do not care for the customer or the driver.
Beyond those issues, I love the job. I habe medical issues and this job has been great for me to schedule doctors appointments and work when I want and as kuch or little as I want. No paid time off or benefits but they do offer an out source to a benefit program.
Pros
Decent Pay, Freedom of hours
Cons
Sketchy management, poor communication
GrubHub Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CAFebruary 15, 2019
I have been driving for grubhub for a while and made decent money, the major problem is their customer service contact Information is impossible to get a hold of anyone when you are waiting over a week for a email response, they tell you they only communicate via email but they do have a phone number! Impossible to communicate with anyone and all representatives tell you to contact your region driver to update any information on your account but I have not heard back. Have not gotten paid for the past 4 weeks! Very upset on how they handle things and give you the run around. If you need something or have questions just wait 3-5 days to hear back they say, very hard to work with a company like this. Unprofessional and rude GrubHub customer service representatives that don’t want to help you. The main problem is with GrubHub not with the end customers
Pros
Schedule
Cons
GrubHub Customer service, pay not on time, communication with GrubHub is impossible, over all GrubHub needs to improve!
Good Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2019
Fun people, benefits, and the company has an exciting mission.

Flexible hours along with lots of guidance from management on adequate planning to reach goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grubhub. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight