Grubhub Employee Reviews

reject for 0 tip
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 22, 2018
Is there a way to see the tip amount when they send you the offer so you can choose to reject the offer for dollar tips?? I heard there was a way and I have gotten quite a few and they never give you cash when you get there, so I want the option to reject based on tip
Poor communication in fast moving company
CATERING COURIER/ DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2018
The courier delivery model is growing and changing with all the new companies. Many changes are made on a weekly basis that are not communicated between departments that effect daily operations.

There seems to be a higher focus on being a hip new tech company over customer satisfaction and maintaining company reputation.
Don`t waste your time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 21, 2018
For me it was a flexible part time with almost full time hours for one month. It is in Daytona Beach Florida. I worked for Grubhub when they started in spring. It wasn`t bad because of the hourly 10$ guarantee. But management was on my case because they thought i`m cheating the system. I picked Mon to Fri 11-1 block and 5-7 to work around my kids school schedule. And in the weekends 11-5. Because it is pretty dead from 11-1, they took me off the platform because they thought i`m doing something funky to the GPS or their app, which by the way their app sucks . It is buggy, heavy, shuts down by itself a lot, makes the phone very hot...not a good app overall. Anyways, after explaining the manager i am in the assigned zone and it`s not my fault it`s dead...they put me back on the platform again. Couple weeks later they removed me off the platform and NOBODY in HQ would talk to me.I tried multiple emails, but nobody emailed or called back. I feel i did my part and really took care of the food i was delivering and the overall experience with the customers and the restaurants.
I do not recommend it.
Pros
A few nice restaurant staff
Cons
High usage on vehicle, gas, insurance, maintenance
Good option when you are very desperate
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 20, 2018
Work whenever you want, no job interview no boss.

But costs:

Collision
Smart phone
Phone bill
Headache

Cons:
Lots of tear and wear on your car and poor gas millage due driving on rush hour traffic. To be able to earn their minimum hourly wage you have to accept deliveries that are 15-25 minutes away and only pays $3-5. Which is going to cost you 1 hour to complete and lots of gas. App is totally against drivers, while you are close to delivery location and trying to find customers address by looking at your phone you get bunch of notification for new delivery request which is super annoying. other delivery apps waits till you complete the delivery. Their delivery estimate times are very unrealistic. While you are middle of the A city you will constantly receive offers from city B. Most of restaurants treats you disrespectfully and make you wait 10 to 20 minutes which you miss lots of delivery opportunities and at customers will be mad at you. Their millage tracking is joke and distance to restaurant to get the food not counts which you have to track your own miles order to get tax reduction
Pros
Work whenever you want, no job interview no boss
Cons
Listed above
Grubhub can be a fun job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 18, 2018
Grubhub is a independent contractor position and with that comes with a contract. The contact spells out your pay and everything like that. The pay is 3:00 per order that you accept and deliver. Your also paid $0.50 per mile on the straight line. (if you took a map and stretched it out. then put a pin on the restaurant and a pin on the dinner location, then stretched a line between the two. That is what you get paid the distance on. You also keep 100% of the tips that the customer leaves for you on the app. You are guaranteed $10.00/hour as long as you work scheduled blocks. They have 3 different levels of contractors that is based on your stats. Premier Pro and Partner. The metrics that they base your level on is attendance, block drop rate, and order acceptance rates. Where that matters is getting schedules. Premier gets there schedule on Thursday at 10:00am. Pro on Friday at 10:00am and gets what the premier didn't take. Partner on Saturday morning at 10:00am and gets what premier and pro didn't take for the next week.
Pros
sometimes you get free food
Cons
Not guaranteed money all the time and slow days
Flexibility being a driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, NYOctober 13, 2018
I love being a contract driver for GrubHub. As a former pizza delivery expert no longer do I have to empty trash take phone calls from customers and deal with management. This is a very easy job once you get to know the area. Very flexible hours. I love it.
Pros
Flexible hours, no boss, freedom driving around. Customers are happy to se you when you deliver their dinner.
Cons
Inconsistent area offers, low offers occasionally, inefficient restaurant workers occasionally
very flexible
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2018
For parents with young children this job is perfect. You are able to make your own schedule. its very flexible and pay is pretty good. you can work as much or less as you want.
ehh
Grubhub Driver (Current Employee) –  Empire, CAOctober 12, 2018
its an okay job.. good part time job.. no benifits or vacation or health care but its gets you money . puts miles on your car. i wouldnt recommend it if you dont havea beater car
It's a good side job but not for full time
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 6, 2018
It's all about how fast you are and how lucky to get a good order. What I mean is that you could get a $5 order or you could get a $40 order it's all about luck
Flexible Scheduling
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 3, 2018
You are able to choose the hours you work each week and don't have to work every week so it can really work around your personal schedule. It was really beneficial to be able to choose my own hours.
Great company to work for.
Corporate Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
Great place where I got to make new friends and expand my knowledge of cartoons. Worked with very successful and smart young adults. This positions gives us the opportunity of learning the insides and outs of the restaurant industry.
Pros
Thursday Drinks
Cons
nothing
Decent if you like driving.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2018
It is a really easy job. Pick up and deliver food. Work your shifts and management will leave you alone. You will drive a lot of miles and wear out your car in short order. The pay is bad. You basically work for tips. Customers don't like to leave tips. They especially don't like to tip more than $2. You may also wait a long time in between orders. You won't get paid for it, so don't think that you will get paid for doing nothing. You would be better off delivering pizza in an upscale part of town.
Pros
Management is almost non existent.
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits, excessive wear on your vehicle, no room for advancement
Trabajo individual
Driver (Former Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZSeptember 28, 2018
Se trabaja por una meta individual cumpliendo las normas y reglas
Some days better than others
Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2018
They have you drive long distances to pick up orders and then to deliver the food. 10-20 minute drives to get food and 10-20 minute drive to customer. Sometimes longer. Sit around for long periods of time doing nothing.
None (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia paSeptember 27, 2018
Nice delivery job and nice place to work and nice people and nice billionaire place I really would like to keep working for them and I am going to give someone else this job if they wanted to try it but I am not sure if they would want it
You are expendable
Driver (Former Employee) –  NapervilleSeptember 26, 2018
Enjoyed GH at first. Easy money while kids were at school. Usually did a few blocks (6-8 hrs) a week. Decided to commit a bit more and signed up for about 20 hrs. Suddenly those are removed and I am accused of being slow on deliveries in order to make the hourly guarantee. Complete BS and insulting. I would never do that. I am honest AND that would be stupid. I would often make more than the guarantee anyway - so I think it was a lie made up to keep me from taking too many blocks. They were holding me responsible for things that I had no control over - like having to wait for orders to be ready, addresses being incorrect on mapping, etc. Also, my service rep changed at some point and I was never informed.
Pros
Easy money, weekly pay. All app based.
Cons
Dishonest, feast or famine with assignments, vehicle wear and tear
A pretty good driving job.
Independent Driver (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 23, 2018
The job itself is pretty fast paced but there's alot of jobs to do you just need to figure out the best schedule that works for you. Schedules come out Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday depending on your driving rating.
Delivery
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2018
working for GrubHub humanely do customer service pretty much customer order food online you'll be sent a message which comes through your phone then what you do is drive to the restaurant wait for the order then you will pick up the order and then take the order to the customer and delivery scheduled time
Pros
It's a good company to work for
Cons
Customer will sometime call in and say they never received their food and you do deliver it
You Get What You Put In
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2018
If you're able to keep your program level up and know which shifts to schedule for, you can make a lot. However, if you do not have a fuel efficient car that does not cost too much for maintenance and upkeep, a lot of the money earned will go back towards your car. Be ready for corporate to not meet your needs as a driver and a lack of communication between you and your local specialist. Record all expenses because you are a contractor and will need to add those to your taxes as deductions to reduce the amount of taxes you will pay.
Work alone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 20, 2018
The diner pays your wages and if you do not accept 90% of your orders you do not get the base pay. It is a cool hustle job if you already have a full time job or a student.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
must accept 90% of your orders to get the base pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grubhub. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grubhub.

Powered by Comparably