Grupo Flor
Happiness rating is 45 out of 100

Working at Grupo Flor: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Not worth is.

If I would’ve known that they see employees as easily replaceable and that they care more about the money than the people who work there I would’ve never applied. Management expects you to give them your 100% when they are constantly under staffing. The working conditions are also really bad. During the summer it is a sauna inside and you’re not allowed to wear comfortable clothing to suit the weather and during the fall/winter it’s a freezer. Definitely a 1 out of 5 for me.

Pros

You get a small discount.

November 14, 2022
Dear Former Employee,Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don't meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Horrible management

Working here was cool at first till you see they promote anyone. Managers speak badly about employees, HR was informed but obviously just protects them. Nothing was done. they fire people without any type of coaching, verbal warnings, etc. HR barely knows what they’re doing and there’s no discussing raises lol Penny pinchers to those who actually deserve it. Know your worth and don’t work here

Pros

SOME of the people there

Cons

Managers that speak badly about the employees, CEO has favorites

November 14, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Grupo Flor strives to provide extensive development opportunities that allow our employees to advance their career and we're sorry that your experience was unfavorable. We will share your feedback with our leadership team and we wish you well in your future endeavors. We strive to provide competitive compensation plans and extensive development opportunities for our employees to so they may deliver a great customer experience.

Grupo Flor insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Healthy work environment with proper work incentives.

I learned so much about cannabis and the culture as a bud tender. I was thoroughly trained on product knowledge and felt confident and comfortable when customers asked me curveball questions. I was able to move up in the company quite fast with my work ethic and reliability. Budtender>Lead>Supervisor>Assistant Store Manager in just 2 years.

Pros

flexible scheduling, hard work acknowledged, cross training, employee discounts, bi-weekly tips, 401k, health/dental/eye insurance and leadership that helps you grow.

Fun work environment

Consistently getting more product knowledge everyday. This job is fairly easy, customers are easy, sales is very easy to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers super happy with their goodie bags.

My Perspective

Grupoflor is a growing company in a booming cannabis industry. We are currently at Five total Retail stores with Ten Organizational Units. As with everyone's experience I can only speak to my own. As an IT professional, my experiences and interactions are with end Users, Supervisors / Managers from every Department / Organizational unit in this company. Ownership and Management are always approachable and I feel treated as a member of the team here. Coming from 20 years of stressful healthcare IT experience, I am glad and blessed I landed here. Work is flexible with work / life balance. Management is always understanding of any issues that may come up unexpectedly and I have never felt punished for having to step away and handle family business at any time. As with everything, nothing is ever perfect. The one negative here for me is pay. But the trade off for the flexibility out weighs the financial part. I can't speak to health benefits but they are offered here. We offer Retirement and I am enrolled.

Pros

Discounts, Employee appreciation, flexible with family / work life

Cons

Financial Compensation

Overall Trash

Grupo Flor is run by 10+ people, you'll never fully know if you're helping a customer or an investor. There is zero communication about operations or procedures relevant to certain customer situations. Also, management promotes people they like, regardless of their competence. Merit and hard work do not elevate you here; instead, throwing fellow employees under the bus is the norm to move up the corporate ladder. This company is happily killing the cannabis culture, as they smile to your face.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all feedback very seriously; I'd like to learn more about your perspective. If you'd like to continue the conversation, feel free to contact the HR department directly at HR@grupoflor.com.

Not fum, management is all related

The people there don’t smile and are not very nice. They get you in trouble when you talk. No room for promotions or even a raise. Management is terrible

March 21, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Our management team is always open to concerns and questions. We encourage our employees to come forward and wish we had received your feedback while you were an active employee.

They always want you to use your vacation day wean your sick

It's not a fair job and all of the co worker are familia members andNever let you to get a new position Because the family get it first Thee are not fair of a new position or pay . And no over time

Pros

You get free stuff

Cons

No over time

March 21, 2022
We appreciate your comment. Our goal is to ensure all of our employees have a positive working experience. We encourage all employees to bring up concerns to their direct manager or HR department.

It’s alright.

Lot of bad and good here. On one hand, your fellow employees can be fun to work with. On the other hand, there is favoritism, that much cannot be denied.

March 21, 2022
Thank you for your comment. We encourage our employees to bring up any concerns with their direct Manager or HR department.

Under appreciated and uncared for

I pride myself on my work. However, the work felt unfulfilling and was often boring. The company is filled with favoritism and they don’t care for the employees safety. They don’t enforce or encourage employees to where masks, even though there is currently a mask mandate. Even HR walks through departments without masks. Both COVID and HR are jokes in the company.

Cons

Under paid Unsafe Not appreciated

March 21, 2022
Thank you for your comment. Keeping our employees healthy and safe is one of our priorities. We have been following all of the CDC guidelines through this COVID pandemic. We have an open door policy and employees are encouraged to bring up any concerns.

Not a good place

The ownership and management here is toxic and incompetent. They don’t care about COVID precautions, are openly anti-union, and they create a culture that breeds favoritism and burnout. Even the employee discount isn’t worth it, because the prices are marked up so much. The discount gets you prices that you can get by simply walking into another store as a customer.

Pros

Benefits are okay

Cons

Toxic

Grupo Flor is such a fun and productive place to work at. The employees are the number 1 priority at Grupo Flor.

I feel blessed working at Grupo Flor. The Management team is great and they offer excellent employee benefits and discounts to all employees. Grupo Flor makes me feel appreciated and needed.

Very toxic place to work from Top management/Owner to the bottom.

Toxic environment.Random hires get promoted and hard workers get used and end up quitting.Turn around rate on employees is 3 to 6 months.Owner is incompetent.Managers are unskilled and picked based on whether they can be controlled or not.Many random positions that waste money.Terrible scheduling

Pros

Cons

Many, toxic, no promotions, low pay, schedule

May 6, 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Grupo Flor. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here. Working at Grupo Flor isn't for everyone. Our business is growing and expanding rapidly and we ask our team members to be incredibly nimble as we serve customers in an industry that changes often. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

Don't Do It!

Not worth your time or pay. The wrong individuals are always getting promoted while the great ones are either being fired or stay at the bottom. Wouldn't recommend working here unless u need the experience.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Management, Pay, Work/Life Balance

March 21, 2022
Thank you for your comment. We take pride in training and developing all of our employees and provide equal opportunities for advancement.

Toxic, stagnant and uncompetitive pay

Job was great at first. After 6 months no reviews or raises. After 3 years one review and 1 raises. Extremely toxic. Everyone is jaded due to this. The best workers are worked super hard with no recognition. Bad employees on the other hand are awarded. They will always get thier request approved.

Pros

Small discount on product

Cons

No reviews, No raises, No competitive pay, If you complain you will be ostracized by the owner and upper management.

March 21, 2022
Thank you for your comment. We conduct performance appraisals and recognize our employees goals and achievements. Additionally, management and the Human Resources department is always available and willing to help address issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grupo Flor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Grupo Flor in popular locations

Grupo Flor reviews by popular job title

• Grupo Flor