GRUPO SEGURADOR BANCO DO BRASIL MAPFRE Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
dont work here
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2018
don't work here period !!!! plays favoritism to employees, allow certain employee to d o what they want , disorganized company when came to new policies, did not offer good training at ll
major inconsistency
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 19, 2018
The management there seemed to not know what was going on and fixed things that weren't broken and not the things things that needed it. Training courses were too general and mostly didn't apply to the actual position.
Pros
Life policy
Cons
Lots of changes
Excellent Place to Work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Loved almost everything about this job, the culture, people, expectations, and work/life balance far exceeded the industry norm. While opportunities are limited , the work is worthwhile.
Pros
culture
Cons
handling of business decisions and implementation
Mapfre acquired the excellent work environment from ACIC.
Programming Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Mapfre acquired ACIC , which was the core business environment. ACIC cultivated a hard working but comfortable atmosphere. Mapfres direction pushed most activities overseas , so the work staff slowly decreased thru attrition. There were legacy issues in the code , but nothing unusual as far as IT goes.
Pros
Originally a hard working balanced atmosphere.
Cons
Sold out IT to CGI which depleting its environment.
Awful
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster/ Casualty (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAOctober 26, 2017
You dont want to work here, MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE, work load is too overwhelming. If you dont get in good with one supervisor then your job will be in jeopardy. This is the worse company I have EVER worked for.
Pros
Cons
The whole job, Too many hours, Too Much Work, Pay stinks
Mapfre
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I don't remember much about working here as it was such a long time ago but my managers were lovely and I enjoyed going to work everyday. Very laid back job perfect for my high school days.
Boring, Repetitive, Accident claim calls
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Call center job, part time, First Notice of Loss. Good training program. Can be overwhelming to learn at first for people with no insurance background. Customers were friendly and grateful for help. Strict regulations for call times and bathroom/break times. Overly micro managed on call reviews. Constant computer errors and system changes are extremely frustrating and cause confusion. Great office building, clean work environment, decorative individual cubicles. Friendly coworkers but not much time to interact. Attempts to boost office moral include spirit days, dress down days, games, potlucks, and food trucks. Cafeteria with free coffee, filtered water, and snacks for sale.
Pros
Individual cubicles, free coffee
Cons
computer program/ system errors
Great Place to Work!
PHYSICAL DAMAGE CLAIMS REP (Current Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 6, 2017
After working for MAPFRE Insurance for 2 years, I have loved my supervisors as well as co-workers from day one. The benefits are close to untouchable in comparison to other jobs and the work is consistent but not overwhelming. LOVE this company and all those I have met and interacted with along the way.
Good work place
Office Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 31, 2017
The only detail that is not in balance is the salary.
I worked on MAPFRE for 11 years and I have had the opportunity to work in different areas of the company and I learn and enjoyed a lot my work.
Support and cultural was refreshing !!! Very nice environment
Insurance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 31, 2017
Fantastic Opportunity to work with such a caring company. They had wonderful training. I wish my job was a long term one. I am re applying in hopes to get a more permanent stable career. Commission with a small base. I could not survive,
Fine but Old School
Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAAugust 21, 2017
This company is part of a global company but you wouldn't know it by the management. Very old school. Most have been there for 20+ years, never having worked anywhere else.
Generous pay
Claim Reporting Rep II (Former Employee) –  Webster, MA 01570August 19, 2017
Generous pay, friendly co-workers, holiday pay.

Isn't easy to get time off.. many employees and not enough space in their "calendar"
Management can be gossipy
No communication from company owners / management.
Micromanaging
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Short breaks, No privacy, mircomanaging
Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 10, 2017
Co-Workers are fantastic, location is great. Provides opportunity to network and meet with other entrepreneur's on a weekly basis. Manager is the best. Provides training with exceptional benefits from day 1.
growing company
Policy Services Rep. II (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAJuly 7, 2017
there are lots of changes but most of them are good. Provides slower growth than I am used to but opportunity is there. values employee input and community service.
Job
Physical Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 20, 2017
Management was good. A lot was expected out of workers. Claims adjusters have to deal with the brunt of the problems. Customers always getting into confrontations.
Benefits
Cons
every day tasks
way too much micro managing
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMay 5, 2017
Way to much micro managing! Be prepared to be drained daily. Management is very hard to please.Quality assurance is brutal. Expectations constantly changes. Not the best place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
too much pressure even the strongest individual will break
Too Many Polotics
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAApril 14, 2017
Not necessarily based on knowledge. Have to know someone to get anywhere in the company. Otherwise you pretty much stay stagnant. Pay very low for the industry
Great Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAApril 11, 2017
Proud to have been a member of the Mapfre Team - Great benefits - Exceptional benefits package - Generous paid time off and holidays - Very fair place to work
Cons
Micromanagement
Overall Good Company
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 28, 2017
I have worked at MAPFRE for almost 9 years now and I would say MAPFRE Insurance is a good company to work for. They are very good to their employees.
Excellent Place to work
Customer Service Rep // Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 11, 2017
I started working at MAPFRE insurance in early 2016. There is nothing wrong as to why I am leaving. I am just relocating to Texas. Unfortunately we don't have an office in Texas or I would just relocate to there. I go to work around 7 everyday and open the Human Resources lobby. I then log into my phone and start taking calls around 8 am. I take 100 sometimes more calls a day. Calls ranging between claims,billing, and auto body calls. I leave work around 4:30 unless I do overtime which is until 6 pm. The hardest part of my job is probably having to deal with claims when something terrible has gone wrong in the accident and having to hear the pain in their voices. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in the lobby and greeting everyone. I am a people person!
Cons
hard to take time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRUPO SEGURADOR BANCO DO BRASIL MAPFRE. Our community is ready to answer.

GRUPO SEGURADOR BANCO DO BRASIL MAPFRE Reviews by Location