Grus Construction Personnel

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Good jobs and pay always work with you

Overall a great company to work for especially if you want to travel. They keep plenty of work too so work is never a issue.Would love to work for them more if they were just closer to home.

Pros

Good pay great people

Cons

Working out of state

I strongly recommend Grus to anyone who works in construction

*Standard pay for the industry (based on previous work experience)*Dependable workload (fairly consistent from month to month)*Strong leadership (no wishy-washy people in management positions)*Responsible coworkers (people who consistently call out at the last minute are let go so you don’t usually have to worry about being short-handed on a job)*Opportunities to learn more (learn new skills on job sites from you coworkers)

They treat their workers like real people

At the end of the day, that’s what really matters in this industry: being treated like a human being. I’ve never been overworked or underpaid, and any time I’ve had a family emergency I’ve been met with compassion and understanding.

Good people

Nothing but good people work at Grus. The managers, my coworkers, even the receptionist. Everyone is professional, reliable, and easy to get along with.

Can lead to more permanent opportunities

Take it from me, this is a very lucrative company to work for if you want to get your foot in the door in construction. You’re networking with a lot of other construction workers AND the types of clients who would be interested in hiring you on for future projects. You can make a name for yourself that people trust and want to hire.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

No complaints

Grus is a great company to work for. The pay is fair and there’s opportunity to learn new skills. If you’re already used to hard work, there’s nothing to complain about.

The work keeps coming in

Even during the worst of the pandemic, there was always a reliable stream of projects coming in. Most of the clients had new safety requirements (face masks at all times, 6ft apart, etc.) but we had work when a lot of the country didn’t. I’m very grateful for that, and for all the work I’m still getting

Great Place To Work

It is a unique environment so it isn't for everyone. That being said, it is a well supported work place. Training, benefits and a strict work schedule so that folks are not overworked and have a balanced personal life.

Pros

Understanding Management

Cons

Opportunity to expand your skillsets

On the job training is unmatched. The company takes on a variety of different projects, so you’re never doing the same job twice. You’ll be able to quickly expand your skillset, which you’ll need if you ever decide to try going it alone.

Job security in 2020

2020 set the bar incredibly low for employers, and yet a lot of them still can’t even meet that. Grus is not one of those companies. They’ve more than exceeded the low “2020/COVID” bar and done everything they can to make sure we can all still pay rent and feed our families. If the Grus team ever reads this review, all I can say is thank you!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grus Construction Personnel?

Understanding management

The culture at Grus is more like a family than a workplace. You can come to management at any time with any problem or request and they’ll hear you out and do their best to help. They’ve personally helped me change around my schedule multiple times so that I could help out at home with my kids. I definitely see myself staying here long-term.

Great introduction to construction

Grus was my first job in construction and I do NOT regret it. I learned so much from the guys who worked here. Everyone was super welcoming and helpful. The training was great and I met a lot of people who helped my career become what it is today. 10/10 recommend.

Transparency and honesty in everything

Biggest draw: No drama work place! There’s no secrets or rumors or uncertainty of any kind. Management is upfront with all employees and tells everyone exactly what’s going on at the exact same time. You don’t have to worry about whether or not you’ll still have a job next week. If you’re doing good, you’ll know. And if not, you’ll know.

Growing and improving

I’ve been with the company for a while and I’m proud of all the effort management has been putting into addressing employee feedback. A few years ago things were a little touch and go, but now it’s one of the best work environments I’ve experienced in the industry.

Employees come first

Staffed by ethical people who love what they do. The high standards keep everyone on their toes. The executives who run the place have many policies in place that favor employees. You can only fail if you have a poor work ethic.

A fantastic company

Decent vacation time, good pay, good benefits, flexible schedule, rewarding work. Their PTO policy needs to be reworked, but it’s still good after you’ve put in at least a year into the company.

A good gig

A good gig while it lasted. I can’t recall having any problems with any of my co-workers and managers. What I miss most is the comradery I built over the years with my colleagues. It was fun while it lasted.

I enjoyed myself while I worked here

Can’t say it was a perfect work environment, but it paid well and the people I worked with were nice. The work life balance was also quite nice. There was some micromanagement here and there, but besides that I consider Grus to be a Grade A company.

A good employer

You immediately get the sense that management cares about their workforce. I’m appreciative of how flexible the scheduling is. The one downside is that work can dry up on you. There’s not much anyone can do about that, so I can’t hold that against the company.

I earn my keep

I’m the type of person who works hard for what they want out of life. Every cent of my paycheck is earned through sweat and hustle. Grus is one of those jobs where you can pave your own way if you’re willing to work hard enough for it. I’m a satisfied employee to say the very least.

Toxic, demeaning environment

Grus has been the most traumatizing job I’ve ever had. The owner and his daughter treat you with no respect and talk down to all of their employees. No one accepts responsibility for their actions there and they try to find someone else to place blame on. The culture is terrible there is no diversity there and workers are extremely bias and very racist. I have never seen a company so harsh and rude towards their employees. The most shocking is that people continue to work there after being talked down to and belittled is beyond me. Terrible workplace terrible coworkers, overall a very terrible and harsh experience. Would not recommend in any aspect.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management, terrible coworkers, Hostile environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grus Construction Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.6
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Grus Construction Personnel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?