GS Labs, LLC
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

Working at GS Labs, LLC: 38 Reviews

United States38 reviews

payhourcompanymanagementgoodjobworkcovid

Egregious neglect to patient health, satisfaction and privacy.

chaotic environmentincompetent managementtoxic culturepoor trainingunnecessary exposure and cross contamination of COVID-19 due to a lack of proper protocol while handling HAZMAT

Pros

Unlimited OT

Cons

Egregious neglect to patient health, satisfaction and privacy.

Productive and fun to work with the team

Working for GS Labs was a fun experience & a productive experience. Building up new skills on daily basis. Positive atmosphere. Management supportive.

Pros

Productive, fun, learning new skills, culture that helps you succeed

Cons

Job security

GS Labs, LLC insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

No job security whatsoever.

This job paid nicely and was very giving with hours when we are extremely busy; holidays and outbreaks. But getting paid nicely also came with a cost. You could be let go any second of the day if the site location was not gaining any business. Management was awful, there was no sense of fairness. Site manager let people go not by their hard work but by favoritism. Very toxic work culture since everyone gossips and lots of employees were unprofessional on their part by having personal relationships with each other. Too many changes in protocol which caused a lot of miscommunication and mistranslation. Overall, I would avoid working here unless you’re strictly there to make money and not get involved in the work drama.

No purpose/sense of achievement/advancement

This has been both the easiest AND highest paying job of my life. At the same time, I’ve felt like it could all be gone in an instant. When talking to management about concerns or problems, they sweet talk you into thinking everything is fine, and that things will get fixed, but it never really happens. No advancement opportunities, no sense of purpose, and no trust even between coworkers. You can and will be fired at any moment. They hire around flu season for full time positions, and you will be let go when you aren’t needed anymore.

Sense of Purpose and Helping People - Great Coworkers

This is a good place to work. The people are great. One has to have some flexibility because we are meeting needs in unprecedented times. But the sense of purpose is unmatched.

Pros

Good coworkers and leadership

Cons

Not remote

Great Compensation and Flexibility.

Overall I will say that the environment was decent. It all depends on who you know when you're working. Compensation was amazing, there was room for flexibility which was beneficial.

Difficult

No job security but the pay was good, I think the management could have been better, more forward thinking and more structured instead of making promises they just couldn't keep in the end

Great work life balance and Management

As a newly graduated student, GS Labs gave me the opportunity to learn and grow in my career. The managers are always willing to help and will take time out of their day to dedicate to helping you if needed. Because GS Labs is growing so rapidly, there is a lot of room for advancement within the company. The culture at GS Labs is the best I've ever worked for and everyone is authentic and loves what they do.

Employee Centered Work Environment

GS Labs has created many new opportunities for me throughout my employment. The managers usually promote from within, making it a great company for someone with entry level experience that is looking to advance their career. I feel like I can depend on my managers and coworkers, and rarely experience any issues with other employees.

Pros

Career Advancement, Management

GS Labs is one of the best places I have worked. They value hard work, commitment and team work. The work is ever changing and challenging, which keeps each day interesting!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GS Labs, LLC?

Cool company with opportunities to grow

Cool company to work for with even cooler coworkers. Provides a great work life balance. GS Labs offers opportunities for career development and growth.

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, career growth

Easy job!

Easiest job I’ve ever had, truly a fun experience. Super flexible hours, great work environment, albeit chaotic at times but all in good fun. Most issues seemed to stem from higher management, but location personnel were great!

Best Job I've Ever Had

Working for GS Labs has been legitimately the BEST job I have ever had! This is a fun, young company with lots of room for advancement. COVID Testing is important life-saving work, and the company is beginning to branch out into other types of medical care and testing. The company culture and atmosphere is energizing, and I am actually excited to show up to work every day!

Pros

Fast-paced, cool people, opportunities for growth and advancement

Cons

Hard work and long hours, but that's what it takes to fight a pandemic!

Side job

It was a nice side job very flexible I had a great team to work with. The management however was not supportive had little to no experience in medical field.

No focus on the future

I would not recommend working at GS Labs. Leaders do not have strong medical background experience and direct work with a profit first mindset. I did not feel like part of a team in operations rather someone who would be most likely to survive if I kept my head low and didn’t talk. Suggestions for improvements are not welcome, overtime hours are expected with out notice, and I question the general purpose of the company. The RNs themselves are professional and I believe those of us who joined the team wanted to make a difference. Those at the top want to make money first and everything else is second. Leaders will not communicate openly about what is ahead for the company and if you ask you are frowned upon. I do not recommend this company.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Leadership, poor communication, negative culture

Good for temporary fast money

As others have stated, your hours will be cut without warning or notification even after the schedule has posted for the week, you will be sent home early. Managers will not answer texts or phone calls.Good place to make a quick buck over a couple of weeks while you look for something better…But just don’t expect much in the way of professional courtesy, training or job security.

Pros

Above average hourly pay

Cons

Lack of professionalism, hours, and security

January 27, 2022
Dear Orlando Admin: Thank you for leaving us a review. As shared during the hiring process, our testing operations exist to support the community need. When case-volume and/or community-need decrease, we must close shop. It is always so tough in that instance to lose good workers, but also a positive feeling knowing that the health and safety of community residents is improving. Thank you for working with us and we wish you the best ahead. If you need any additional support, plese don't hesitate to reach out to HR: HR@GSLabsNE.com.

Positive changes

The Omaha PCR lab has really improved after taking taking brief pause. They have started hiring long term, lab professionals who show a real interest in our growth and future during and after COVID. Good choice for those that want to be a part of a new lab and grow with the company.

Pros

Great pay, educational opportunities, and benefits

Cons

Breaks are not flexible, some co-workers are lazy

January 27, 2022
Dear Testing Personnel in Omaha:We really appreciate your review and are so glad the efforts we are taking have shown through. You are doing important work and we're thankful to have you on our team. We've made a number of positive updates to our benefits, hiring, and employment experiences.

Toxic work enviroment led by misguided management

Hiring is fast (got the job within a day of applying), just to find out why. They mislead you during the interview process saying your pay will be $70 and hour then to get an email after being hired saying it will only stay that way if your manager thinks that you're doing a good job, and if not they drop your pay down to $50 an hour. Management seems to have their own motives (money). GS Labs offers the Antigen, PCR, and Antibody tests. If the nurses don't persuade enough patients to get all three tests, they get fired. Management seems disorganized, unfair, and corrupt based on their own agendas.

Pros

Pay is okay, flexible hours

Cons

Don't allow you to take lunch breaks, management is poor, greedy, no ethical values ues

January 27, 2022
Dear WA Covid Nurse: Dear Orlando Admin: Thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to hear that you felt misguided about the pay expectations. We have approved and consistent wage scales that candidates and employees can count on. With regards to your remarks on up-selling, it is certainly not expected for anyone to "up sell" any tests. While a rapid test can often bring peace-of-mind for an immediate result, we also provide PCR tests to those who show an initial negative just to be sure. This is not an upsell and is actually consistent with many other viral testing practices for things like Strep Throat tests for example. We will be sure to coach management and HR in the Pacific Northwest to ensure all candidates and employees are getting the right information. If you need any additional support, plese don't hesitate to reach out to HR: HR@GSLabsNE.com.

Toxic company with egotistic management

Worked here as a part time RN and my experience was horrid. Management shift nurses around so often and is very toxic. The amount of changes management keep changing in terms of policy, work culture, and etc was chaotic. But the compensation is nice for just swabbing for COVID.There are a lot of "he said/she said" politics here. Seems like some people can make one accusation and you're immediately fired without given a chance to debunk the claims (not to me but I've seen with other employees which I thought were perfectly capable individuals). Especially management likes to play favorites here. Honestly would avoid this place to prevent the headache.

January 27, 2022
Hi Lynnwood Swab Nurse: Thank you for giving us feedback, although we are disappointed to learn of your experience. Throughout Washington we have several managers who have been with us since open and are pleased that we have been able to grow and promote from within. Workplace drama and "he said/she said" politics certainly do not feel good, and we will be sure to share this concern Management and HR so we can do better. We appreciate the work you did provide our company - and the many patients you provided critical testing to during your employment.

If you want to be lied to mislead apply here! They say permanent position it is not

After what they have done to all these employees it is clear, they work with no morals, no ethical treatment of employees and you are just a number. They hired at least 15 to 20 people to work evenings for billing. Assured us the position was permanent and full time. I started 5/30/21 and we had been laid off 6/30/21. No warning, no nothing. Very inconsiderate to those of us who quit pther jobs to work here.

Pros

Hourly rate is nice

Cons

Greedy company, won't compensate you when their systems go down, send you home early. Rude office manager

September 13, 2021
Dear employee: Thank you for sharing your concerns. Our offer letters do not guarantee the ongoing nature of the business, however the position was in fact a "regular W2" role. While the reduction in COVID cases and thus the reduction in our business needs during this time was a positive thing for the community, we understand and are disappointed in the impact to several employees. Thank you for your service during your time with us.

Chaotic and Lack of Training

There is no formal training and the people there to train are not good at it. They may know the job, but that does not mean they know how to teach/train people, especially if they're creating the chaos themselves. A typical day is rush, rush, rush, patient paperwork is misplaced, people yelling for paperwork, employees not showing up for their work schedules, etc. Forget this employer/workplace. Seems like the management staff couldn't care less as long as the work is moving along.

September 13, 2021
Dear employee: thank you for sharing your concerns. We would like to get this addressed right away. Please send us an email at HR@GSLabsNE.com so we can loop in the Operations team and ensure additional training is provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GS Labs, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits