GSK

GSK Employee Reviews

United States1,653 reviews

Found 1,653 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,840 reviews
glaxosmithklinepharmaceuticalglaxopharmaproductsmithklineculturebalance

Professional work enviornment with excellent training,compensation and benefits. Thoroughly enjoyed working with all of my coworkers.

After working in the medical industry for many years I found GLAXOSMITHKLINE to be one of the best as an industry leader in product development and research as well as compensation. It was a wonderful work enviornment that provided ongoing training in a professional enviornment. My customer base was primarily Specialist in the Northern Virginia area and after years of being gone I still maintain relationships with many of my former clients and coworkers. The corporate culture was family friendly lending itself to a healthy work/life balance.

Pros

managed my own territory and business plan that enabled me to develop strong relationships, i gained an extensive knowledge of pharmacology over a broad range of therapeutic areas

Cons

too many meetings that kept the sales force out of the field

Do not work there

They have high turnover and do not follow their own values. The people that work the hardest to prove their worth and that they can do a great job will get pushed to the bottom and they will hire off the street instead of hiring within.

GSK insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Good workplace to do the job

Worked peacefully during the stay.People are very friendly. And personally, the organization helps people to the maximum.Nothing personal will be exposed. It is a very good company.

Trató injusto

En esa empresa hay favoritismo, los team leaders no te ayudan y si te ayudan ven que no das lo q ellos dicen q puedes hacer te despiden o hablan con la agencia y hacen q te despidan. Ahi hay personas que son hermanos de los gerenciales y se creen q son dueños también y no consideran los empleados .

Pros

Trato

Good pay and benefits, with high stress and hectic workload

For the most part it is a good place to work with lots of good people. Can be a very hectic and stressful work environment. You need to set clear personal boundaries or they will have you working around the clock trying to get your ever growing task list down.

Pros

Good Pay. Good benefits. Flexibility

Cons

Everyone is overworked, too many meetings, stressful work environment

Great Company

Fantastic overall company, flexible, inclusive culture, considerate and offer great work-life balance. Depending on your role immediate managers are receptive, positive and will assist in your development goals.

Pros

Excellent perks and activities for Full and Contingent Colleagues

Cons

As with any huge corporation, when drilled down, management does lose sight of the real day-to-day challenges employees.

They don’t tell you that you have to wear a full suit and respirator as part of ppe

It was hard to know where to go and parking was far far away, pay was ok but only 12 hour shifts and then after hired they added Sunday to schedule. They don’t tell you that a full suit and respirator is worn as part of ppe

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Parking was crazy far

Great workplace.. Productive. Great atmosphere ..Co workers very helpful and encouraging

GSK is a excellent company to work for. My manager and team were the best group to work with. The best company I have ever worked for..I worked with the company for 10 Great years and learned from the and trained new hires

Pros

Flexible work schedules..Vendors.. After work parties

Cons

The finance Department moved to Costa Rica

Unethical Employees & Management

The ethical employees have left either by choice or through underhanded practices so the company doesn’t have to pay layoff packages. The caliber of those remaining rank worst in the industry.

Tech Roles are extremely federated

Great Organization and culture. However poor leadership in certain functions. Few leaders do not have any domain knowledge and they have sustained only through their network and rapport with senior leaders. If will be part of those teams, your career growth and learning will be very limited.

Overall good experience

Poor management but good for my career profession. I enjoy working with the people on my team. Essentially no yearly salary raise, not very competitive pay.

Not productive

Management and line leaders are rude. Every speaks Spanish and coworkers think they’re your boss. Everyone has a favorite never have any work, people talk about you.

Great benefits, professional workers, great culture,

The best company that offers good pay and benefits to their employees in our area. Safety is very important and a culture. You have free coffee, tea, vitamin c and fruits in the break room. Their is a company nurse on site. Love my co workers. Everybody act and work professionally.

Pros

Free water coffee tea vit c fruits. Pizza every Friday. Nurse on site

Cons

Sometimes, job is getting difficult when no help is around if its short staffed.

Great coworkers and patient focused.

Really enjoy working at GSK. They encourage employee development and a collaborative environment. They recently spun off the consumer health division and everyone is excited to be part of the next chapter for these two new organizations.

I liked working their!!

A very good place to work they give you time to learn the projects and meet the team they also offer onsite learning tools /modules to allow you to learn other things that you may not know about tasks or subject.

Great place to work.

Fast-paced with constant change and high standards but friendly and approachable people even up to senior leaders. Decent base salary but well topped with good bonus and benefits.

Poor management

Managers only promote family and relatives. If you are not related to someone else you will not advance.Beware of speaking up about others poor performance.

Job security

Good company benefits and there are opportunities forpersonal career growth. No all leaders are good leaders. Mixed culture and leadership expectations. Departments are working in silos.

Pros

Free employee perks- movies, lunches, durian party

Cons

No work life balance, little to no external training, unclear management focus

What is the best part of working at ?The environment was amazing.What is the most stressful part about working at GSK Consumer Healthcare?Cleaning the machines.

ok job

working the machines and troubleshooting problems. and making great tooth paste on a 12-hour rotating schedule i would say that is the only down fall it's not a great schedule for family or doing any plans.

GSK has worst unprofessional Discrimitive Training Facility

GSK Rockville training team are the worst, Gsk will hire agency that dont tell nothing about what your postion or job task will be. Gsk facility descriminates people with disabilities, GSK trainers never help me with my small parts training, never gave me a chance to perform my task or pratice. never gave me an explantion why I was let go during training. expect you to just know everything right out of bate. and say your job is an interview process after you just got hired. and if you dont perform the small parts right they will let your Boss know and you get fired they will just threatened you. make you feel stress, worried and scared.

Pros

nice people

Cons

they rush and never take there time, they pick and choose base on fastness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GSK.
Powered byComparably