GSMA Employee Reviews

Great place to work with supportive and caring mentors
Junior Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
I loved working with this organization. They were patient and showed great appreciation for the work I did. The work culture was really pleasant as well!
Decent work environment but it can get political at times
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
GSMA is a good place for young / fresh-out-of-college workers who are dilligent on working hard and having fun, especially if one is located at our headquarters in London, UK as there are plenty of folks in that part of their careers. It allows for access to senior-level management who for the most part speak openly about the business, again, if you're located in HQ.

If you're located in the satellite offices outside of London, good luck with these amenities as there will be a glass ceiling on your career as promotions will be given to those that are "seen and heard" rather than quality of work and effort of those that are outside of London. The highest level of leadership at the satellite offices are effectively VP-level for a corporation (CEO being in UK, C-levels being UK for most part). For people that are outside of London if you want to increase your profile and step up to a potential leadership position, I don't recommend GSMA as a career tract.

We run as a non-profit for promotion of wireless telecom industry but we also operate as a corporation where it's driven by how much we can exceed financial business plans / objectives (so that executive compensation can greatly increase, of course). So I can't really say we truly operate as a non-profit.
Pros
Nice offices / international travel / smart colleagues
Cons
UK/Western Europe centric, workers from subsidiaries not getting their due / promotions
Global Fast Paced Organisation
Global Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Working for GSMA was one of the most invigorating and challenging parts of my career. Management provided good leadership to empower employees to excel and succeed in roles. The international travel and global markets covered made it an exciting and unparalleled opportunity.
Director - Global Operations - Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
A fantastic place to work. The entire organization has a focus and vision which they execute against. You are not micromanaged and allow to execute and perform your job functions. They are extremely flexible with work hours based on your job function.
Pros
Held Accountable, Not Micro-Managed
Cons
Lots of visitors at our park helping them plan there vacation is lots of fun.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherokee NCApril 12, 2015
work at 4 different locations, longs days and hours.
The most enjoyable part of the Job is helping visitors in joy there vacation.
Productive, talking to guest about the National Park
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 11, 2014
Being a sales associate, you great guest, and help them with what you can. You can learn a lot of things about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, like the plants and animals, trails, and hiking. The hardest part of the job isn't that hard, keeping things straightened and organized. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with guests about what you know about the park.
Pros
paid hiking, learning trips
International Company
Controller (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 21, 2014
The work environment was very international but primarily Europe/ UK central. Despite lip-service to having more international exposure the Company is still extremely driven by European agendas.
Pros
Good WLB; Work is highly seasonal; International exposure; International travel
Cons
Political; Hidden Agendas; Not Transparent
I was given all of the skills I needed to obtain a job in my field.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Hughes Springs, TXMarch 4, 2013
The employees cared for their patients, they take pride in what they do.