GSW MANUFACTURING INC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bias
Associate (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 15, 2018
Favors family and friends. Doesn't appreciate a hard worker. Hires inexperienced passes over experienced candidates. Applies company policy as they see fit (biased).
Great place if you like overtime
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 11, 2018
I worked on the production line for about a month and it was about 48 hour weeks. Then I was moved back to a different area that I really enjoyed. The plant took on a bit more than it could handle therefore I was starting to work 50+ hours a week. This went on until I left the plant about a year later. Other than the overtime it is a great place to work. Managements pretty good and the people are as kind as can be. Benefits are great also. Hard to fit family into the equation here.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Overtime, Pay, Favoritism
Wonderful Work Environment
Tool & Die Intern/ Design Technologist (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 13, 2018
It was a wonderful work environment. If you didn't know something, people were always happy to help you gain an understanding of the objective at hand.
Pros
Breaks and Lunches
Cons
Extremely Fast Paced
Easy work/good atmosphere
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Findlay OhioMarch 12, 2018
It's easy work. I love my coworkers. It's clean and air conditioned, first shift. Good health insurance. You start accruing vacation the first week you're hired in.

I don't like the wear and tear on my hands. Also don't like standing 8 hours. I agree with the review about HR hiring family and friends. Also we have 5 HR people (EXCESSIVE)!!!
Pros
Good health ins., First shift, temp. Controlled
Cons
Standing, high use of hands, Hr
Ok factory work if you needed a paycheck.
Crimper (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Worked second shift. Had a lot of bully's to work with. Pay was ok. Left for a better paying job. They do not hire direct had to go through a temporary service.
Depends on who is your manager
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 18, 2017
Your success is entirely hinged on the person that you directly report to. And that just depends on the department.Also, HR likes hire family and friends. As in their personal family and friends.
Pros
company events
Cons
too small and small minded
Clean working environment.
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 24, 2017
G.S.W. was a clean, well maintained wiring harness facility. Worked there many years ago so I cannot say how the years have changed the work environment.
Fun place to work
Production Associate/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 11, 2017
I love to work here. The job was easy and the location was close to where I live. Its a safe place and clean environment. It is very convenient and air condition place.
Easy job, but stale advancement
Production, Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 12, 2016
GSW manufacturing is an easy place to work with generally nice people and trainers. The noise was very minimal and the building felt clean. Workload never felt too overwhelming and the environment was generally relaxed. In the shipping area a typical day includes sorting parts, storing parts, and later on pulling orders. I learned a bit about shipping departments and how to co-operate with others. I also helped a bit with setting up some of the technological systems for storing parts. My workoad in shipping was quite full, but with a bit of variation.
Pros
clean, quiet, easy going, benefits
Cons
advancement stagnates.
Good days and comfortable enviorment
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 24, 2015
i worked in shipping and receiving i really enjoyed the job and learned a lot. handled all orders and made orders to ship.
Productive and Multitask
Materials Control/Warehouse/Import-Export Manager (Former Employee) –  MexicoMay 14, 2014
Through out the time at my last Job, I learned how to relate to different culture co workers
Pros
Free Lunch, Open Schedule
Cons
Long Distance Driving and violence
Very quality oriented company
Associate/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Findlay OhioSeptember 9, 2013
GSW has a very high regard for quality and meeting deadlines on time. The plant wide expectations are strict, but fair. Talking is to be kept to a minimum and work instructions are to be adhered to at all times. This helps insure that we are producing quality products on time, every time. Most of the associates on the floor think of each other as family and company personnel are very approachable.
Pros
first shift and air conditioning
Cons
standing in one place all day, no talking