GT Independence Employee Reviews

Every day is basically the same.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Stoneville, NCJanuary 25, 2019
I start the day by fixing breakfast. I do some cleaning, laundry etc. I fix lunch. I give medications with breakfast and insulin with meals. I monitor his bath and dressing. I fix supper and give insulin. Any doctor appointments and errands for the week I drive him. I change and launder linen on Friday unless needed earlier. Grocery shopping is done once a week.
Not much help
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJanuary 21, 2019
GT Independence doesn’t do much other the. Pay you, and even that is hit or miss sometime. Clients can pretty much treat you however they please and there’s nobody to speak to about it. You just have to deal with it or quit.
Cap choice program
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2019
I never had any problems with GT Independence. People need to remember that its a company that deals with Medicaid.
All nurses are subcontractors. So if you want insurance you will have to come out of pocket.
great
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEJanuary 14, 2019
I love working here. i'm able to work with my clients and create a schedule based on their needs and my needs. It's a great place to work. Definitely would recommend to anybody
family friendly company
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJanuary 8, 2019
GT really cares about family. They understand that their employees have lives outside of work. For employees who have children they make it possible to take the necessary time off to care for their children or take them to dr's appointments. They really are a great company to work for. When I had to leave due to my pregnancy complications everyone was very understanding and kind through the process.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Can be a high stress job due to deadlines and the amount of work to be done
Easy going relaxed work place
Supportive home care asistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2019
It was a pretty good work place. Very relaxing, theygive you the hours and you can choose what days you want to work. They give you the house you pick your days.
Pros
You can pick your times to work as long as you do the hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Good and helpful management
At Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIDecember 13, 2018
The company itself is very nice and helpful. The management would help and answer any questions I had. It was a great job, and I would work for them anytime.
Pros
They help and work with you to help with the job
company was great
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 1, 2018
being a caregiver can be very stressful depending on your patient. but GT has good phone hours so you can call if you have questions about pay and hours.
Not familiar with actual company
Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Merrillan, WINovember 28, 2018
GT is just my out of state payer.Not familiar with company. No cost of living raise. Hard to get employment information, Payer is out of state which leaves them unaccessable
Pros
pick your hours
Cons
expensive healthcare
I would recommend anyone to apply
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 24, 2018
It’s a very self rewarding job if you like to help people out then this is the job/company to go with there payment plans are flexibile and easy to understand
Unorganized
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MINovember 17, 2018
I Never received my check on time or in full. It was a big hassle entering in your hours online half the time they would not go through. Then you receive your check late or not At all
Pretty decent company to work for
ADULT CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 11, 2018
Although the work can be quite taxing at times, GT is a good company to work for. They are easy to work with and fairly organized. Whenever you have an issue, they resolve it quickly!
It was okay
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MINovember 8, 2018
As a payroll specialist you get many agencies that you need to have timetracked on time and correctly. The hard part is having 2 different pay schedules and large agencies. A lot of payroll people have 5 or more agencies and it can be stressful because each agency is different. They do offer healthcare but I think it’s expensive but where is getting expensive. In my opinion, you get really low pay for the amount of stress and hard work that you put in. Luckily, the unit I was in was really nice but I’ve heard other units are not as nice and have made people quit.
Pros
Beverage, work from home
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Staff is amazing
Patient Care Worker, part-time (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2018
Depending on client and client's needs my work is flexible and easy to manage. The hardest thing is when other companies pay more for same work you do.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
I loved my job
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIOctober 22, 2018
I loved helping people. I went the extra mile always. I have letters of recommendation from several team leaders. They sometimes care about their employees, other times not so much.
Fun workplace socializing with client.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIOctober 16, 2018
Taken good care of client for three years. Cooked meals for him, made sure laundry washed, cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and housework. Made sure he took his medicine.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
very productive
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, MIOctober 12, 2018
paperwork is eaiser,
and I get more hours with the client
learn alot about the client's culture
work can be interesting and fun at times
but can also be stressful too
Pros
the hours
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Independent Support Specialist (Job Coach) LTE (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 25, 2018
My supervisor was the best. She went out of her way to help in any given situation. The rewards of working with clients with disabilities was a great experience.
Pros
Management and leadership
Cons
Pay was often late.
Enjoy working with Developmentally Disabled woman
Chore provider (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 27, 2018
Help client to cook, clean, run errands. Made sure the client had transportation to and from community activities and doctor appointments. Organized fun activities for client to help them socialize and be part of the community
Pros
Nice client
Cons
No healthcare
Would not recommend
Home Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCAugust 24, 2018
Take care of client needs, take clients on vacation,. Personal home health care needs including following nursing orders. I really did not have a life of my own. The client was verbally and physically abusive.
Pros
Vacations with client
Cons
verbally and physically abusive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GT Independence. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight