GTI Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Processing and packaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 24, 2018
GTI management and human resource is a joke, the money your making to fill the pockets of the owner and investors is millions of dollars and what they pay their employees is a peanuts. They throw a small bonus at you to keep you happy it's like throwing a bone to a dog. The manager there in a certain department has no business being there because he doesn't have the communication skills to be a manager nor does the supervisor, human resources is supposed to be a safe place to go and express yourself or concerns, well don't go there because it's used against you and your concerns or complaints are not kept private. I would not recommend working for this company at all, I would wait and go to work for their competitors when they arrive and they will.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management, Human Resources, Pay
a joke
wip handler (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 17, 2018
they was not willing to hire any of temps. kept pushing it off and if a temp had to miss anytime for any reason the would just make it that much longer. worked 8 to 9 months and still would not hire me on
Pros
Cons
poor managment
Good in a pinch, but no long term employment
Construction Operator (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORAugust 22, 2018
Overworked, poor scheduling, no oversight, lack of managerial support and no incentive for going over and above. The inability to advance is a HUGE negative overall.
Pros
Easy to get hired and steady paycheck
Cons
Seasonal and low pay and no advancement opportunities
Okay place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJuly 30, 2018
Decent pay, long hours, decent benefits. Regular factory setting. You get the right amount of breaks. Managers are okay. You can make money quickly. Not a bad place to work.
Productive & Professional Workplace
Professional Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2018
Professional Workplace! Drives New Leased Fleet. Professional Fleet Managers & Dispatchers. Continuous Available OTR loads. Relaxed and Respectful Co-workers. Great Paid Vacation time. Would Highly Recommend Working for this Trucking Company.
Pros
Quality hotel services
Cons
No Healthcare or benefits.
Do not work there
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 7, 2018
Very manipulative.Low paying job.Go anywhere else if you can.Not even good for part time job.You can do better at almost any other place,All you have to do is try.
just a job
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 15, 2018
sounds at first but your on the phones for you're entire shift. liked my coworkers but did NOT like dealing with the hostile customers or conference calls. company asked to omuch. made me sign an nda on exit interview
Pros
its a job, 1 hr lunch. free lunch at quarterly mettings
Cons
not enough to keep anyone for long
If you're not in the in-crowd you're out!
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 30, 2018
GTI was the worst company that I have ever worked for in my career. They promise you a lot in your interviews and as your career goes on you realize it's all lip service. In the end I was extremely disappointed with their tunnel vision to not see anything beyond their bottom line.
Pros
Hour lunch, greasy cheap pizzas for meetings
Cons
Interfacing with management will make you contemplate the validity of Hanlon's razor
I loved working here i would love to work here again.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHApril 24, 2018
At GTI it was pretty fast paste but the people are amazing and they love someone who wants to learn new things. i loved working here and i would love to work here again. GTI is the best place to work if u are in need of a quick job or some quick money.
Pros
nice people to work with and lots of over time that is not mandatory
Cons
mandatory over time you don't get much time with family.
Easy job; low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 29, 2018
typical day is numerous inbound and outbound calls. scripted so they took 5 minutes or so. call volume was up and down throughout the day. gets super repetitive and people get burned out pretty quick,. high turnover rate because of that. I learned to be super patient and control my frustration while on the phones. the work atmosphere was generally laid back and when there was idle time, you could read or do homework. hardest part was dealing with the repetitiveness of the job.
Pros
relaxed, flexible hours
Cons
low pay, repetitiveness, rude customers/customer representatives
No life/work balance but easy work.
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHMarch 27, 2018
I have been working 65-75 hrs per week for the past 6 months. I need more free time but I'm still willing to work over time. Poor management as well as product quality. A typical Saturday they will tell me I have to work Sunday right before I'm leaving. No notice!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No work/life balance
borderline unetchical
Senior Designer (Art Direction) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 5, 2018
Sure its legal, but VERY LITTLE of the people who sign up are actually successful. Some "agents" are signed up through other channels of business. Programs are weak at best. Bordeline boiler room operation
customer service rep.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76205January 22, 2018
There was not a lot of pay for at this call center which is expected. It's a good job for a college student that wants extra pay. Not a very good job if you have bills to pay, however. I left because needed more pay. I currently had my own apartment at the time.
Great Company
Lead instructor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 10, 2018
Owner really works with you since it's a small company. Treats their people very well. The pay is very good the only regret is that it's for the most part seasonal.
easy and fast paced
Labor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHDecember 8, 2017
A lot of overtime. Very face paced and pay is okay. the most enjoyable time is break or when things run smoothly. you have to be smart with computers.
it was one of them jobs you get whatever they want to give you...
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHDecember 6, 2017
place was not to bad to be in. they told you when you was to work and not asked. and if you could not stay over job was always threatened. over all if you want to be a slave its perfect for you...
Pros
breaks
Cons
everything in there.
Good job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHMay 4, 2017
Good work environment easy to learn tasks friendly coworkers decent pay great training fun work environment clean areas great food enjoyable learn new things every day
Stay away
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 16, 2017
The only thing good about this was the middle management that I dealt with. They left shortly after I did! Had dispatchers that lied. They leave their drivers stranded.
Decent workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, AL 35209March 15, 2017
Excellent management. There were language barriers that interfered, but otherwise a good work environment. It was a great learning experience. I'd recommend their services, as well.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 13, 2017
GTI was the first call center position I had so it definitely taught me a lot and gave me the knowledge to grow in my career. The work environment was fun.