GTL Employee Reviews

Worst place I’ve ever worked
Support (Former Employee) –  AltoonaOctober 30, 2018
The management at this company is the worst I’ve ever seen. There’s no training and you can’t even leave your seat without asking for permission even if it’s going to the bathroom. The 2 managers for the help desk did nothing but talk to each other while you sat there answering phones
Cons
Every thing
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2018
I worked here for 6 months, the training doesn’t prepare you well. You learn as you go. The bonus is 725$ if you can pass all the qualifications. The pay is horrible for what you have to deal with. You can’t help the customers because the supervisors always have some kind of excuse. The research team never gets anything done in the time frame you tell the customers so when they call back they are even more mad. You get cussed out your entire shift and hmthe hours are horrible. You can’t move to day shift unless someone else leaves and they say It’s based office seniority which is a lie. This company needs a lot of improvement and help to keep employees, they have a high turnover rate and I just left because the management sucks. They don’t help you at all and pretty much you sink or swim. I would never recommend working here to anyone
Escalations Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 8, 2018
Not a bad company ,need improvement on career advancement, need better benefits for employees ,need better set up for employees to achieve bonuses.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Need more career advancement
GTL, get your act together!
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
worked for a year in a professional capacity with GTL. No serious onboarding, you are thrown to the wolves as soon as you join. Management is disjointed at best but talks a big talk about reducing silos and increasing communications between divisions. Sales promises everything to the customer and everyone else must make do on the promises. Development staff is very talented but backlog is immense. New CEO, new merger with Telmate = loss of a lot of productive and hardworking people. Too bad. "Coulda been a contender..."
Pros
working from home or office.
Cons
disjointed management strategies
Run Run Run!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 2, 2018
This company cares about money....period! They make you answer a certain amount of calls and rush you to the next. Its only 10 bucks a hour where the national average is 15 bucks a hour. You qualify for a 700 buck bonus every month depending on your "Quality"... lol. No one rarely gets the entire 700. Most people will be lucky to get 200 dollars because they mark you off for every little thing. Its truly sad. Up the pay! Turnover rate is extremly high because of the low pay....you cant live off it. Every employee complains about the pay and they can care less as we make all the money for them. Straight slave culture. Take this review seriously because I just saved you a waste of your time. Dont believe me? Bring your tail out here then.
Pros
Not one thing!
Cons
Going home after a shift!
On call, low pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 25, 2017
Stressful work environment, a few good managers, mostly poor. Little chance of advancement. Poor pay, considering on call work schedule. Normal corporate culture of passing the buck. Highly unethical business practices. Working with corectional staff is like smashing yourself in the head with a hammer daily.
Pros
Some time off
Cons
On call, stressful work
No Direction
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 1, 2017
Most of my coworkers workers were awesome, but the department I was in had poor leadership and no direction. The job itself was slow paced and boring. No room for growth or advancement.
Pros
Free coffee/soda, decent pay
Railroaded
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 16, 2017
I didn't mind working for CCG who are the field management contractor for GTL. I was released on trumped up charges that could not be proven. My unemployment was denied. I challenged
the denial and during the hearing they could not prove any charges.

I keep in touch with several field techs and they didn't understand why I was released and I was considered a good tech. But they say I am lucky not to be there.
Pros
good support
Cons
aimlessness
Nice place to work
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 16, 2017
Nice place to work; my biggest drawback, the desk were too close to the next desk. No privacy what so ever. The lunch hour went by rapidly. If I gained the chance to work there again? yes I would gladly do so.
Wouldn't Recommend
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 3, 2017
Very cut throat and the company could care less that you have a personal life. You are to put the company first no matter what is going on in your personal life and/or family.
Pros
Cons
Many.
Great Place but no advancement
Network Support Specialist, Software Licensing (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 27, 2017
Most of the managers are great. They work to make the job nice however there isn't any room for advancement. The company offers great benefits. They are constantly merging and acquiring new business so job security may become a issue.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
No Advancement
Very little room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 26, 2017
When I first started I liked the job and people I work with, but after being there for over a year i see very little room for advancement in this job..
At times this is a very high stress environment, Dates are more important then quality or people. Very intelligent Staff.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 26, 2016
High level of competency required. Pretty typical workdays, hitting delivery dates is extremely important, missing a date is a cardinal sin. Developing code in this type of environment is extremely challenging. There are very few people that have knowledge of the full scope of the software in use, it was custom written from the ground up. This provided me with a hands on development environment that allowed me to gain a good background in the latest technology with regards to SIP, VOIP, and Android Development in general. The hardest part of the job was getting other departments to share information on their respective pieces of technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant learning required to keep up.
Pros
Lots of exposure to advanced technology
Cons
The target dates or more important than quality and of work.
GTL was one of the best company I ever work with
Windows /VMware Administrator (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 10, 2016
My typical day at work was checking the logs see if theirs any error. building virtual machines and esxi, upgrading windows server and esxi server and install patches.

From previous job i have learned a lot such as hardware side, and software like how windows system work how to build OS and so on.
Micro managers no room for advancement
Site Admin/tech (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 14, 2016
Working with customer is the best part of job. Managers in Sacramento micro manage and always negative. They never have any positive things to say. Not good place to work. Money hungry company. Managers only care about getting their bonus money and do nothing for the employees who actually work and make sure the job is done
Pros
Customers are friendly and good coworkers
Cons
Managers micro manage, no raises, pay is ok
Productive place to work for experience
Erie, PA RF Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2016
there was never a typical day, they would have us on field for 12 -14hrs a day without any breaks, and they would yell and scream and just bad management overall
Extremely High Stressed Inviroment
Call Center Escelation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 24, 2016
If I was offered the same job in the future, I would not accept. They crook their customers and the company has little to no respect for their employees.
Good company to work for
Assistant Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 4, 2016
A place with great opportunities of advancement for hard workers.
What I enjoy the most is to be able to talk to customers all over the world while managing the International Department. Being able to coach my team members that with the years became family.
Pros
Great Benefits and opportunities for career advances.
Cons
Not being able to adjust family time as your needs change
productive / very competitive
carpender assistant (Former Employee) –  pawling , NYAugust 3, 2015
I worked with GTL construction for 3 years and a typical day was work hard and getting the job done with precision . I learned most of my skills from this company including use of tools and equipment , how to lay roof tile, bathroom renovation, framing , drywall and taping , painting , siding , interior and exterior trim , sheathing , and basic electrical and plumbing. I never had a problem with my coworkers, I always felt that we were a team and used that team work to accomplish goals. I enjoy being a part of a team and accomplishing goals.
Pros
was payed well by the hr
Cons
work was never consistant, no benifits, wasnt payed on time, and work off the books
Worst Job
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 21, 2015
Other employees are great, little to no training an not able to ask questions to senior techs. Requires permission to go to lunch, get a drink of water or leave desk for any reason other than use the bathroom. I felt like I was treated like a 3 year old child for no reason.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
Everything is left for you to figure out on your own, micro management of the direct manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GTL. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight