GTM Sportswear Employee Reviews

Great Workplace Atmosphere
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 19, 2019
I really enjoyed working at GTM. They are very dedicated to making employees feel at home and welcomed. I would recommend anyone looking for an inside sales position to give them a shot.
very stressful, always waiting for the other shoe to drop
Senior Pattern Maker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 15, 2019
in 2014 they thought a in house pattern maker was needed. so i came to work for them. in 2016 they changed tech designer and i set on my hands most of the time after that.
Pros
learned a little about fabric supplication
Cons
all the people that thought they were more experienced than they were
Great place at first...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 28, 2019
The job was great when I started. It wasn't difficult to meet production requirements with filling orders. What was difficult after a time was dealing with racists who work there. Management sweeps everything under the rug instead of addressing the issue.
Pros
Easy work, Great Benefits
Cons
Low pay for cost of living in area, Racist employees
This is the worst place to work
Operations support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 15, 2019
Do not work here. It's pretty much a sweat shop. Multiple dangerous working conditions supervisors are aware of, but too cheap to fix. Multiple people have complained about the same lead, who bullied everyone. Instead of doing something about it they promoted her, so they could move on and do something else and not have to interview someone new. Pretty much told us if we didn't come in on Saturday's they would fire us ... which is not in the contract you sign and is illegal. Fired people for no reason other than they didn't like them. Multiple inappropriate relationships. What little pay you get is not worth it. Wish I could give this 0 stars.
Cons
Laid back job with many opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 22, 2019
Not a bad place to work, however if you don't fit into the views or their way doing things it will be hard to advance in the company. Very result driven and a quota is set in every job there.
Work environment
First Shift Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2019
This started off good when i was first employed. As time went on the company takes advantage of employees who do good work and they don't compensate them for the jobs they do and areas the know.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
No consideration of empkiyees
Wonderful management and staff
CE Rep. (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 12, 2019
I loved my job more than any job I've ever had. Between the customers and staff interaction, it made for a fun work place full of new things each day. The hardest thing I experienced while working for this company was leaving them when we PCSed to Campbell.
Pros
Free Onsite Clinic
Poor management
Product Development machine operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 5, 2018
Working at GTM was a constant struggle every day. Management had an unbelievable turn over rate as well as employee turn over. There was no consistency and it was a "who you know" atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was dealing with fellow employees and management. The best part was being able to work with marketing and construct garments.
Pros
Decent empolyee benefits
Cons
Poor work environment/management
Excellent benefits
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 9, 2018
PTO accrual for every paycheck, free onsite health clinic, fast paced work environment, guaranteed 2, 15 minute breaks and 30 minute unpaid lunch break, will work with you on your schedule.
Pros
free onsite health clinic, PTO hours given every pay period, paid holidays
Cons
too many women working together causing unecessary drama
My first office job
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 8, 2018
This was my first office job & it taught me how to get around computer programs & ordering systems. The job had flexible hours so I was able to go to my prenantal appointments when needed.
Good Overall
Jr. Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 9, 2018
A little shorthanded at the moment, but very nice people to work with and challenging work environment. I given the opportunity to grow the start of my career.
Very poor place to work
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 5, 2018
I worked for this company for 3 years while I was in school, I didn't think it was that bad at first but I couldn't have been more wrong. Many of the managers were way under qualified for their position. Whenever you needed their help with anything even they wouldn't know what to do. For example: I had my manager tell me that it wouldn't have been worth their time to call a customer back because the dollar total on their order wasn't high enough, in my opinion that's just very unprofessional.
Hardly anybody that works there is actually passionate about what they do. Many of them are constantly looking for job opportunities elsewhere. This also causes the turnover rate to get extremely high, we had a new training group come in at least once a month because they can't retain anyone. When I was getting ready to graduate there was a position opened up that they said I would be a good fit for. I waited until the end of the quarter like they told me to before I talked to them about it. I talked to them at least twice a week for a month and then they told me that the job had been filled, without even granting me an interview for it.
GTM does not respect their employees one bit. Of the bonuses that were promised to the sales, only 9 out of the 41 actually received their bonuses. I don't understand how anyone actually wants to work there.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule, relaxed atmosphere, casual attire
Cons
Unprofessional, lack of communication, out of stock items made it very hard to sell, lack of appreciation, poor management
Productive and fun work place
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, HANES & CHAMPION (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 21, 2018
Great management which makes the job. Everyone around you is more than happy to help. Typical 9-5 office job but they tend to have more fun than most other offices.
Pros
Physician on site, weekends off, great people
Cons
Sitting most of the day
Fun place to begin career
DIRECT MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 26, 2018
GTM Sportswear was an excellent place to begin my career. It offered a team focused environment with an emphasis on collaboration between departments. Our department focused on fostering interpersonal relationships by offering monthly department outings and company wide engagement events (kickball tournaments, fitness challenges etc.). GTM offered competitive pay, great benefits and an on-site healthcare clinic for employees and families.
Pros
Good people, benefits, career advancement
Nice company, but no vision.
Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 25, 2018
There isn’t a clear vision as a company. The Hanes acquisition went well, but there isn’t much clarity as to the long term future for this organization. We often sell against ourselves, as our customers are able to buy from wholesale companies nearby. When attending clinics, we often stand next to “Champion” reps who have the ability to undercut our prices and take from our booked dollar goal. When your “winners” are bailing left and right, it’s time to take a look at your management team and see if it’s time for a change. It’s too bad, because the day-to-day atmosphere is great, there’s just a few cancers at the top who drag the organization down. Oh yeah, and we have a free on-site health clinic.
Pros
On-site health clinic, discounts at local restaurants, discounted athletic apparel
Cons
Very slow PTO accrual process makes vacation a joke.
great place to work
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 16, 2018
There is a lot to learn with the many different processes. Training is challenging, but worth it if you're able to stick with it. Relaxed workplace culture while striving to meet production goals. Hardest part of the job is training. If you make it past that, it is a fun job. Taco Tuesdays, snack days, and chili cook offs are just a few of the common activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is no micro-management and you are basically entrusted to know what is expected of you and to be responsible enough to get the jobs done and completed in a timely manner. Only real gripe is having to share work centers due to not having enough computers for every artist.
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
having to share work centers
"Team-Based" work environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 6, 2018
GTM provides a very team oriented environment with a helpful hand around every corner. Great job with plenty of opportunity to move up and develop your sales skills.
Great Place to work
Customer Service-Chat (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at GTM. Everyone was great to work with and I loved coming to work. The work was fast pace most of the year and we were always working together to help everyone succeed.
Very poor managment
Screen Print QA, Press Support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 1, 2018
If you are not part of the little click with the management, you will have issues. and a lot of them. i had a lead personally take anger towards me when i got sick between two jobs and ended up missing a lot of days. the upper management refuse to acknowledge that there was a problem. and they have a tally system. that every time you get sick and have to leave early, or late to work, they give you a half a point to a full point. with out your knowledge.
Pros
they have a free clinic for you and your imediate family.
Cons
Try not to use it to much. or get sick.
fast paced t4eam oriented environment
Boxer/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 25, 2018
Every person i worked with there was a pleasure to be around and the nature of the work was fast paced and straight to the point. You had the opportunity to earn overtime and the opportunity to learn all kinds of different areas of the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GTM Sportswear. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight