GTS Technology Solutions Employee Reviews

GTS cares about staff..has events and performance bonuses
hhsc it help d3sk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2019
loved working with GTS, gave me the chance to work for the state, listened and fixed any issue i may have had super quick..they have employee appreciation events that made me feel special
Pros
great help great staff and events
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 1, 2019
Nope, the company does not train you to learn there system they expect you to jump in and know how to run there sites.the company pays okay but there no raises.
Don't bother
Driver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 3, 2019
I was hired then all of a sudden I had to fill out these forms, and have some type of agent sign on. Got me on the agent part. I got a flash message saying company changed that was the last I ever heard from them.
A week after that some company from Texas emailed me, saying they will take care of my paperwork for a fee.
If you get hired get everything thing in WRITING first this includes a gaurantee trip home, they pay for everything else.

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING BEFORE AGREEING TO ANYTHING.
Pros
Nice phone voice
Cons
Lies, don't know all the details of the job, expect you to do their job.
March 4, 2019

Hello,
As sometimes happens in this industry, the client we were staffing for canceled the job at the last minute. (The agent in question is a requirement of the IRS for I-9 employment forms; we do apologize if this was not explained to you clearly.) We're sorry that you had this negative experience, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

A great platform for career advancement
Network Troubleshooting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2019
GTS hired me on as a contractor for a position with the HHSC, and less than six months later I was hired on as a full-time employee. I feel this was an important step in the advancement of my career and my professional future.
Fantastic Workplace
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2019
GTS is absolutely the best place I have ever worked at. The management is understanding, competent, and helpful. There is room for growth and advancement. I have never felt like I was stagnating while working here. The workplace culture is fun and relaxed, but everyone pulls their share. I don't have one bad thing to say about GTS.
Excellent Source for Contract Work
IT Support Help desk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2018
I have had excellent experience working with GTS Technology. I was able to acquire my first Help Desk position and enjoyed applying IT skills I was learning in class to the actual environment.
Cons
Some positions are temporary
All about the assignment.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
I can't knock GTS directly as they are just a staffing agency. Wherever you're sent (most likely gov't agency) is the real culture that one will have to endure.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No advancement.
Did not work long enough to get a better feeling about company
Contract terminated by GTS (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2018
Did not have enough time with company to gain insight into management/pay/benefits. This was a contract job to install computers and only took a few days.
Awesome place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2018
You come in and get your work done, you will have no problems. Sometimes the work is fast-paced, sometimes it's slower. Everyone in the office gets along and encourages each other. The Give Through Service Initiative is awesome! This provides employees with opportunities to service their communities through service events, donations/charity, etc. You really feel like you and your company are making a difference.
Pros
Work-life balance, flexibility, atmosphere
Cons
None, very happy to be at GTS.
Great culture, great values and great team!
Help desk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2018
The GTS recruiters were very helpful in finding me employment when I moved to Austin. My recruiter gave me resume pointers and assisted me with helpful tips to be succesful in an interview. I felt that they truly cared about what I was looking for and where I wanted to grow in my career. I would absolutely recommend GTS in your job search and landing your next career opportunity.
Pros
recruiters, pay and many job opportunities
Cons
n/a
Great opportunities contracting for the state
It service desk analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2018
GTS came right at a time in my life when I needed it most, Audra was super helpful and got me working in less than a few weeks at a job that I really enjoy with ample opportunity for growth. I am very happy with my decision to use GTS as my recruitment company
Company that truly cares
Director of Staffing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2018
GTS cares about their employees and what their employees care about. Giving through service events and supporting employees in their career growth are constant themes among the managers. Being able to provide creative solutions to challenges and quickly resolve problems are encouraged and celebrated.
Staff are encouraged to follow their interests within the company and supported in those efforts. GTS invests in their people and in their clients and loves to be a part of their success stories.
Pros
Competitive pay, engaging culture, room for growth
Cons
none that come to mind
Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2018
Poor management projects are poorly put together. Downtime is crazy. I wouldn't even waste time sending resume. These people will lie to you tell you they have work. 3 weeks later nothing
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything in between
May 29, 2018

Our employee workforce is the face and voice of our service delivery team, and we take your feedback very seriously. Lying is never accepted or tolerated, and we will investigate this immediately.

A great place to work and advance your career
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2018
I have been with GTS about a year, I am under 25 and plan on retiring with this company!

We have an awesome culture and everybody. Literally everybody will make you feel at home.

Amazing work/life balance
Fun
PC Deployment & Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2018
Management always pulls a bait and switch. They hire you with the promise of Month long projects and then turn around after a few days of work and lay you off claiming the client was not ready for the project.
Pros
Goot hourly rate
Cons
Everything else
May 29, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your employment experience. It is always our intent to be honest and upfront about our current projects and expected timetables. Unfortunately, project start dates can be fluid depending on customer readiness. We’ll work at improving this communication to be as real-time as possible.

Horrible Company
Technition (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
From day one I could see the lack of management in the company. Upon arriving to the job site, I was greeted by a very unprofessional “supervisor”. Basically didn’t introduce me to what I was going to expect, instead just through me into the work. Very hard to communicate with management and not understanding. They willl not take criticism and believe it is ok to operate in a double standard.
Cons
Horrible management, no breaks, unprofessional
May 29, 2018

At GTS, we believe in continuous improvement in our employees, our processes, and our leadership. Thank you for providing the above feedback; this allows us to focus on the right areas to ensure that the next employee experience is positive and productive.

They will achieve their goal; even if it means walking over you.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2018
They do not care about their employees personally. As long as the order/project is complete, that's all that matters. There is a major lack of infrastructure in management. In my year of being there I have seen no one promoted or given a raise. Hard work is not rewarded. Talking to one another while working is discouraged. I have been told, "There is no need to talk to do what you're doing."
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
mircromanagment, toxic atmosphere, no advancement
Great company to work for.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2018
GTS is genuinely interested in helping employees reach their potential. I personally have held a couple different roles in the company, because I've been allowed to pursue my interests and work my way up. They encourage continuing education and training. I also love the company's Give Through Service community service initiative -- a mindset that trickles down into every part of the company. The laid-back atmosphere and team-building outings really help promote a team mindset.
Worst Company I have ever worked for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for with a toxic work environment. Management is awful! Company culture is non existent. Extremely shady work ethic and core values. There are some unethical practices and you will be asked to participate - from signing job offers when there clearly isn't a job to having background checks run. It's a completely hostile work environment.
Pros
there are literally zero!
Cons
Ceo, unethical lawsuits, management, cut throat environment
March 12, 2018

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but this doesn't sound like GTS! We take great pride in our values and mission statement, as well as our strong company culture. Please feel free to contact us at 800-783-7459 any time if you'd like to discuss your concerns. Thank you for your review!

Horrible management/ no room for advancement
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 14, 2017
If you are looking to advance this is not the place for you (Irving Location). There is no structure, management is horrible, and they do not care about the employees. Good for newly college grads getting a foot into the IT field but not a place where you can build a career. Working conditions are horrible and it’s a very non welcoming atmosphere.
Pros
Small team
Cons
Micro management, negative environment, discrimination by management.