Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

Guaranteedrate is a great place to work if you have no family, pets or social life.
System Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Typically, I am unlocking users duo mobile security accounts, assistance with desktop, VoIP and/or printer issues. Basically, I was the first line of defense when something is broken.
Great Job after college
Operational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 10, 2018
It was great experience for my first job out of college.
learned a lot about finance and office life. Everyone was very nice and willing to help. Very fast paced environment. I learned how to multitask and manage my time.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
fastpaced
October 11, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that your time with GR was positive. We appreciate your time with us and wish you much success in the future

good while it lasted
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  homeOctober 9, 2018
Left a 6 year employer that I liked for more money and salary increase. Quite a bit of education to learn new programs and ststemss. Laid off 4 months later
October 11, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience all though positive was short lived. Thank you for you time with us and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Great Training Program for new employees
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 9, 2018
Great work environment. Great training program. Supportive. Good work and family balance. Team Support and team building platform. Good charitable foundation.
Worst company to work for
5 Star (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
I would never trust this company ever again! They hardly pay and sometimes dont pay you at all. Yeah they'll tell you what you want to hear so you can sign on but really... they dont pay you that set amount. They put clients in the worst position possible (they did a horrible job on my parents closing)
October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We value your feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We will definitely provide your feedback to the appropriate parties to review as this feedback only helps us to improve. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

Hired full time under false pretenses
Closer (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 5, 2018
I was hired as a full time employee with false long term career possibilities, and was laid off 6 months later without thought to the financial chaos it causes to an employee's life. When you're counting on a "career" and it is yanked out from underneath you, that isn't a commendable or moral company. The management was inconsistent, from response support to company policy guidelines. If I had known then what I know now, I would have NEVER accepted the position.
Pros
Cons
Lack of concern or support for their employees
October 11, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this experience was not what you had anticipated . We want all involved with in our company to be set up for success. We apologize that this was the case. Thank you for your time with us and we wish you success in the future.

The worst company EVER on all aspects!
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Central RegionOctober 4, 2018
This happened to be the worst experience of my life! Don’t fall for the great technology and resources because it will be masked by the s—- show that will follow. Everyone is a new employee and you will never get a straight answer out of anyone. The ROM was horrific and portrayed herself to be terrific while she was behind the scenes creating havoc on our lives. Just AWFUL! Oh... yes, we all worked overtime and it was expected but had to clock out at 8 hours per day. It was a daily event to be harassed and bombarded with emails that had nothing to do with my job.
Pros
Cons
Too many new employees, overpromise, neglectful, worst work environment
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take all feed back seriously and are always using it to shape and grow the way we move forward. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a favorable experience while you were at GR an would like to Thank You for your hard work and dedication. Hope you find much success in your future career.

Don't do it
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 3, 2018
This is a company which hires and has multiple yearly layoffs. There is no job security. There is no training you are left in the dark to learn and make mistakes AND you are working with out true OT or they want you to work off the clock.
Pros
remote worker
Cons
no training
October 4, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry that your time here was not a positive one. We wish you the upmost success with your career and thank you for your time with us.

The work environment was the best. I worked with great people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 28, 2018
Guaranteed Rate was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the culture and the people I worked with. This is an outstanding place to work. The loan officer I worked with increased his production when I helped him with his production.
October 4, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear your time with GR has been so successful. Thanks for all your hard work.

overtime equals half pay not time and a half
operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Not structured.
Hybrid position means Underpaid and overworked.
No straight answers to your questions or concerns.
Sub par training if any.
Stay away when and if possible.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
September 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that the job did not live up to your expectations. We wish you well in the future.

Bad Company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
If you a want a low paying job with no job stability, no chance at advancement, creepy male managers and no acknowledgement of hard work, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Sometimes work from home
Cons
Bad pay, no advancement, no raises, no acknowledgement for hard work
October 4, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience while working here. We take all feedback serious and have provided it to the appropriate parties. Thank you for your time with our company. We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Fun place to work
VP of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  AugustaSeptember 24, 2018
You have to stay moving with these guys. They are looking for big producers and focus on those who put big numbers up. Not a bad a thing, but if you’re looking for help to build, it can be tough to find sometimes
September 26, 2018

Thanks for your feedback We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with GR. We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work. By sharing your snapshot of your experience so far your are helping us in creating this environment. Thanks for all your hard work!

terrible experience
Vice President of Mortgage Originations (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 19, 2018
branches are completely unengaged with the home office like a net branch, unless you set up with you own staff in place this company is worthless. not intended for an consumer direct operation
Pros
lots of investors and programs
Cons
absolutely no support
September 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty about your time with GR and are sorry to hear that it fell short of what you expected.We do our best to ensure our employees have as many resources as possible to excel. Thank you for your time with GR we wish you much luck with your future endeavors.

Good Company
Sr. Processor/ MC (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
Good company, good leadership, great programs and customer services. opportunity to growth your business, career. Excellent customer services, and great opportunities.
October 4, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy that your time here was positive. Our goal is to have a team in place for all situations to help everyone succeed with growing their business. Thanks for your hard work, we wish you success with your future career.

Interesting Workplace
Assistant Servicing Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 18, 2018
You are expected to perform. There is some general on the job training but it's best you come in knowing your stuff. GR attempts to cultivate a positive workplace. I agree fully with that statement. You are put into a position to succeed. It's up to you if you want to take it that extra yard. The ASM position is not your typical ASM role. Be weary of that going in. Direct Manager has issue with control.

The people in servicing are bright individuals but lack direction and structure. There is general favoritism displayed regularly and it's not hidden. The overall department moral when I left was poor but steps were being taken to fix it. Their hiring practices are hindered by below average pay. However, managers and above are compensated properly. Poor behavior by employees, such as people sleeping at their desk, is tolerated due to lack of uniformity of how people are disciplined (see favoritism comment). This is a PC company. General off the cuff remarks are HR material. Professionalism is a must. You represent one of the top mortgage companies in America.

Executive management drives the train. You will be challenged and it's for your benefit. Just make sure you produce. The Exe VP in my chain of command was awesome, a brilliant mind and unlike anyone I've encountered.

Parking is tough. The work seating environment is tough. Benches and rows of people. You are given laptops with less than adequate specs for the amount of multitasking you are expected to do. Your work space will be loud. Cubs and Soxs general seating/suite tickets are regularly handed out to employees.
  more... There are also roof top events (events staff are top notch) and free lunches when production numbers are up. The building is kept very clean but you do flank the EL and metra.  less
Cons
Very Political
September 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your time with GR did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to cultivate a work place environment where all employees can thrive. We wish you success with your future career and thank you for your time here at GR.

Cheap company, run horribly
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 4, 2018
The culture is to hire way too many people and then within the next month or two fire more than they hired. You're never safe and no job security, one day everything could be fine then the next you're tossed out to the curb. Even if you have worked there for a couple years. Horrible management structure and very cheap benefits. 401K match is 2% and overtime is half current rate. Very low salaries with low per file bonuses. Used and abused
Cons
everything
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your time with Guaranteed Rate has not been a positive one. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience as we welcome all information to help us build and better our company so everyone can have success. We wish you luck on your future endeavors.

ok company
Sr. Processor/Jr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2018
ok place to work..wouldn't say its the most ideal place to work. no room for advancement. kind of stuck in your position. benefits are okay. location is great.
September 11, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing this with us so we can better tailor GR to help with our employees and their experience. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 30, 2018
They hired me for this position, knowing that I had alot of Sales background. But, only used me for data entry. Once management had figured out that I was not cost efficient they let me go.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your honest feed back. We appreciate your time and hard work with Guaranteed Rate. We are sorry to hear that your time and experience was not what you expected. We wish you much success moving forward.

Customer Success

I loved working with GRI and will miss them
Sr. Conventional Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 29, 2018
Its a great place to work and enjoyed working there as many years that I did. Management is wonderful as well as the rest of the staff. It was really sad when they had to let go so many staff members but I wish them nothing but the best.
August 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want to thank you for your hard work and time that you spent with Guaranteed Rate. We wish you the upmost success for all your future endeavors.

Customer Success

Decent company
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed the company. I didn't enjoy the final department I worked due to the manager herself, but that isn't representative of the company as a whole
August 22, 2018

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Guaranteed Rate. We are sorry to hear that this experience did not meet your expectations. We wish you great success with your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight