Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

My favorite job
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 10, 2018
The work environment is so friendly and helpful. When i first start everyone was willing to help me with any questions I had. The boss was amazing, and super understanding.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Hard to think of one
July 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear your experience with Guaranteed Rate has been positive. We are glad to have you be a part of Guaranteed Rate's team.

Fun while it lasted
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
This is a great and fun company to work for, I loved coming to work and I loved all the people I worked with. I really did distinguish myself as much as I could, but after working there for a year and a half, it was decided that I was to part ways with the company, out of the blue, all because they decided it was best. I was in one of the more "Protected" positions, and in the blink of an eye, they swept the rug from under my feet, and that was that. Very sad, but honestly, maybe its for the best. At this company you are simply a pawn.
Pros
You get $25 sox tickets, and they let you drink alcohol at work
Cons
work work work, no time for a social life, very hectic
July 11, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear your experience while working with us was pleasant. We wish you much success in your future.

Just not for me
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 26, 2018
I did not feel like they appreciate anything, nothing was said about your work unless something was done wrong and they were very understanding about time off even when you offered to work from your phone or laptop during this time.
June 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. We wish you much success in your future.

Customer Success

Productive and easy work environment
Post Closing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
Guaranteed Rate was an overall productive and easy place to work in thanks to the employees and team they have. People at Guaranteed Rate definitely have an understanding of what needs to be done in a daily basis and they also work very well in teams.
June 22, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review! We are so glad that you had a positive experience while at Guaranteed Rate. We wish you much success!

Needs better management
Secondary Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2018
Underpaid for the amount of work and hours put-in. For 5 months straight there was "mandatory over-time." Always worked under-pressure. There were no manager meetings conducted, nor 6 month review, 1 year review, etc. Hardest part of the job was management always said things were going to change and get better and nothing was ever done. Definitely, see why there is a high turn-over rate for the company now.
Pros
free lunches, chefs, once a month themed parties for employees.
June 22, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback will help us improve our employee experience and work/life balance. We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

productive work enviroment
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
Guaranteed Rate is not a bad place to work its upper management that treats the employees poorly. once you are with the transition team their is no opportunity to transfer away from it you either stay with the team or you are terminated.
Pros
Cons
management speaking to you so disrespectfully
June 11, 2018

Fast Paced Company
INSIDE SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Guaranteed Rate was a unique, fulfilling company to work for. Guaranteed Rate itself is a fairly large company, but the online division was basically a start up, because of this, it was filled with unique learning opportunities.
Pros
Unique Learning Opportunities
June 7, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your honesty and feedback!

Customer Success

Worst company I ever worked for, BAR NONE!!
Mtg Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2018
Easily my worst work experience and Ive had much to gauge against. Leads were beyond bad. Like sub 500 FICO, mtg lates and everything else. Management wanted to know why I didnt close business. Turnover was HIGH. RUN DONT WALK FROM GR.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
May 31, 2018

We are disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectations. One of our Core Values is to "put our customers first" and  we pride ourselves in treating every customer fairly. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Customer Success

People are great, the organization structure and employee workload is a mess
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 10, 2018
The employess work hard for the customers, but the management organization is confusing and disconnected from those that actually do the work. This leads to a large work to home life imbalance. I would not discourage anyone from working there, but know it's a lot and can be very chaotic.
May 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and the review. We value your opinion and appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We wish you the best of luck in your new role and we hope you find a better work life balance with your new company.

Very positive expierience
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 6, 2018
I was hired in operations working remote (best part!) GR supplied the proper equipment to get the job done. Fantastic IT support.
My experience with management has been positive and supportive. Benefits are expensive, but good coverage. Not enough paid time off. Not enough holidays.
Pros
work remote, supportive management team
Cons
expensive benefits; not enough paid time off.
May 8, 2018

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We wish you continued success at Guaranteed Rate!

Customer Success

Worst mortgage job I've ever had. Don't be fooled by promises of higher pay!
Operations (Former Employee) –  NCMay 1, 2018
Horrible work experience. Left a mortgage company that I loved for higher pay and was laid off within 9 months time. Unprofessional management that regularly used profanity in "meetings". Hostile work environment. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
None!
Cons
Management, hostile work environment
May 7, 2018

We are sorry to hear that your time with us was not what you anticipated. We want all of our employees to feel comfortable in their work environment and apologize that this was not your experience. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Okay place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 19, 2018
If you want a career in the Mortgage industry than this is the job for you. I on the other hand was just a sales assistant and was under paid. I loved my job just not the compensation.
April 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you loved your job! We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Not good
VP of Mortgage Lending (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
There was absolutely no support at this company. My team quit and my manager quit. I stuck it out as long as possible but the only support was rude phone support from Chicago.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
Lack of support from the company
April 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We work hard to support and improve the relationships we have with our employees. While we regret that wasn't your experience, we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Customer Success

It was a good place to work until it wasn't
Operations (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 10, 2018
I started at Guaranteed Rate with a lot of good people, unfortunately due to turnover I was about the only one left by the time I was unexpectedly laid off. A lot of good borrower reviews under my name obviously didn't mean much. Management was a cluster, there were so many different people I ended up reporting to. The chain of command is too big along with the loan process which is why this isn't the place to be long term. There are other mortgage companies out there that value and pay you more for your efforts.
Pros
Technology, work from home
Cons
Expensive health benefits, constant reorganization of management, high turnover
April 23, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. It is important for us to hear from employees so that we can continue to improve. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2018
They company is a typical Sales Organization originating mortgage loans. Long hours worked with little reward unless you are in Sales. Benefits are weak.

Comment – April 10, 2018

We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the company and appreciate your feedback! It is important for us to hear from our employees so that we can continue to improve. We wish you all the best here at Guaranteed Rate!

Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2018
At GR, they say the average person will make $60-70,000 their first year, you will be lucky to make $30,000. They lie to you during the interview process and they won't let you change positions because they have so many people leaving the Online Division. I would not recommend this job to anyone. They said there was a rooftop, but it is in another building. They said you got 1 free massage a month, that was a lie. They said there would be work life balance. I work 65 hour weeks, and weekends and I am on call if a client needs me. I have to come in on weekends They make you feel like you are back in high school with the way the manage us. People are having to borrow money from family members to pay their bills, some people are going into huge amount of debt to stay at this job. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
April 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our rooftop deck is available for use by all employees at all office locations although as you note, it is located at our corporate headquarters. Additionally we do offer 1 free monthly massage for our employees assigned to certain office locations. While we are disappointed to hear your experience hasn’t been the best fit, we encourage you to speak with your manager about your concerns.

Guaranteed Rate

You can being in a class of 30 - 5% make it in, and even less go on to stay more than a year.
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2018
If you can grind the phone and pass exams this is for you. They make deals work you just need to find them. Leads are not coming you will need to source.
April 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We regret that your experience at Guaranteed Rate did not live up to expectations. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Customer Success

Blood Diamonds of the mortgage industry
processor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
My experience here was negative. They overwork people. Period. It is really out of control. If you want to work like a slave....work here. 11 years in industry. My first experience like this.
Pros
Cons
Senior managers are relatives / friends
April 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We definitely do our best to set realistic job expectations and we are sorry to hear that was not your experience.

Love Hate Relationship
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMarch 9, 2018
I was lucky to have an excellent direct manager but was part of a layoff. I know this is their loss based on knowing how much I did for the company in which only my team could see. I cant recommend them because I personally saw how they treated other employees, bending truths, hiding agendas and treating people terribly. I feel my experience is rare.
Pros
Remote Access
Cons
Upper Management; Benefits
March 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to know that you had a positive experience with your direct supervisor and wish you well in your future endeavors.

Customer Success

Life at Guaranteed Rate...
LC - Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2018
Fast paced; helpful; good processing concept; no advancement opportunity; layoff handled poorly; loyal employees; able to talk to senior management easily.
March 27, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We pride ourselves on having open communication throughout the company. We strive to think big and solve problems and we wish you well on your future endeavors.

Customer Success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight