Guaranteed Rate Employee Review

View all Guaranteed Rate reviews

Over promise - under deliver
VP of Mortgage Lending (loan officer) (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 26, 2014
When recruiting, they will promise how easy it is to work for them. Don't be fooled. It's no different and in some cases you need to do more. All loan officers are given title of VP which means nothing. Just a great sounding title. You must produce at high levels or you get threatened with termination. They have a "pick-a-pay" program where loan officers can decide how much to get paid. The problem is that affects what rates you can give the consumer. If someone in the same office is willing to work for less, your client can call them and get a better rate. No continuity at all. Management all have inflated egos and are hard drivers. God forbid you get one complaint as they will be all over you - hey, this is the mortgage business where things sometimes don't go as planned.

The one good thing is they do have some of the lowest rates - especially if you find the right VP (loan officer) with a low "corporate objective".
Pros
Great rates are thier strength
Cons
Inflated managment egos

Other Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

Okay place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 19, 2018
If you want a career in the Mortgage industry than this is the job for you. I on the other hand was just a sales assistant and was under paid. I loved my job just not the compensation.
Official response from Guaranteed Rate
April 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you loved your job! We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Customer Success
Guaranteed Rate

Not good
VP of Mortgage Lending (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
There was absolutely no support at this company. My team quit and my manager quit. I stuck it out as long as possible but the only support was rude phone support from Chicago.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
Lack of support from the company
Official response from Guaranteed Rate
April 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We work hard to support and improve the relationships we have with our employees. While we regret that wasn't your experience, we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Customer Success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight