GUARD SYSTEMS INC Employee Reviews

Unproductive work environment. Slow and boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2018
Guard Systems job assignment mostly concise of working in grocery stores. You are there to observe and report only. Working hours are too long. And pay is to low. Every so many months later, you are constantly move from grocery store to grocery store. The time spent driving all over Los Angeles is not worth the gasoline and time.The odd hours are ridiculous. Some grocery store locations are more dangerous than others.
Pros
Getting paid on time.
Cons
Too many hours. Low pay. Terminate without notice.
Great company a place where you can balance work and your personal life especially with children
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Playa del Rey, CAApril 23, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work with guard systems they have some of the greatest employers they are very helpful and understanding. Always made a way to work with me on my schedule never had a problem with receiving my pay out on time
Pros
Always willing to give you extra hours
Cons
Reliefs do tend to call off
New challenges each day
Security Manager Honda Proving Center (Former Employee) –  Cantil, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Working at the Honda Proving Center was an outstanding place to work. The mission was very involved and challenging. Security covered several levels of inter action with the client, visitors and construction personnel. We had new patrol vehicles and a comfortable POST with all the features to get the job done. Both GSI and the client were supportive of security in all phases. I would recommend this assignment to any qualified security professional.
Pros
Great pay, work setting, and work expectations.
awesome
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Monterrey Park, LAJanuary 24, 2018
a good place to gain experience as well as having benefits and working as a team.This company really cares about their guards not to mention the fact that they work 24/7 so in case that something gets out of hand the dispatch unit will be there to answer your calls I'm case of emergency. This is also a great place where you can gain the experience that youll need if you want to have experience in the security field the staff are great, and there are no companies that care more about their guard then guard systems. There is also opportunities to advance in this security company as well as recognition of guards.
Pros
opportunity to gain experience
Cons
needs more guards to work
watched parked cars
Security Guard/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2017
meet and greet residents
watched parked cars, made sure doors were locked and nobody tried to break in them
monitor vehicles
give out parking passes to guest
Rover fill in when needed
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 24, 2017
I work as a Rover and therefore fill in whenever someone calls off or is terminated.
Don't make long range plans
Work place is friendly.
Being called or informed at the lost moment to fill in or required to stay longer.
Often time goes fast.
Pros
Some jobs are fast paced and time goes quickly
Cons
Can be called in at the last minute or any hour of the day or night.
Basic.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 5, 2017
Basic. Just another average security company. Nothing really stood out about them. Their training was lackluster, low quality. An average company.....
Pros
Nothing I can really think of.
Cons
Run of the mill really.
Worst experience. Ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 4, 2017
Promised the world. Company doesn't care about you. You are just a number. Management doesn't know anything about security. Just puts people on the job where needed. No training. I could go on and on. Avoid at all costs. Employee and clients.
Pros
Zip
Cons
Anything and everything.
Guard systems
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJune 14, 2017
Dont chase anyone out side observe and report..The supervisors come check and make sure your ok...For th most part your relievers come on time the workers at the store is helpful
Basic job with Basic pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 18, 2017
If you need a basic security job, they had it. Liked a site I was working at only to have the contract cancelled because the company didn't cover call-offs. Liked it since I lived relatively close to it and didn't have any co-worker issues. Very few sites to choose from and you will most likely drive 15-30 miles for minimum wage.
Pros
Easy to apply and acquire a job
Cons
Lose good accounts, low pay, no advancement
Quite workplace.
Security Guard-Chase Bank & Shopping Center (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJune 14, 2016
I think this work place was alright, it was just very quite and seemed like everyone was out for themselves. I did a great job but i only worked weekends so i didnt really get a chance to see what the company was all about.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood CAOctober 30, 2013
Good company to work for. good company overall. will definitely work for them again and will definitely recommend to others
Pros
perfect job if you like to work overtime.
Cons
no benefits
great job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 17, 2013
the supervisors are great and work is fun.
The job keeps you busy the whole shift
co-workers are great
Good willing to help someone starting
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 19, 2012
I will when we got laid off that there was somewhere else to work lately it almost impossible to find a good company to work for
Pros
plenty of help with staff problems
Cons
dont have enough jobs
An okay place to work
security (Current Employee) –  cantil,CAMarch 8, 2012
Have seen better jobs in the past. The interaction between the workers needs great inprovment.