Guardian Alarm Employee Reviews

Posititve
Outside Commercial Security Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 2, 2018
Good company to work for, there are lots of jobs available there. They are growing into new areas and expanding there capabilities. It would be a good company to work for.
Rumor mill
CADD Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 4, 2018
There were some key people there that were committed to making everyone's experience pleasant. My direct supervisor was one of those people. (I did my best to be positive and contribute to the culture positively.) There are also those that pretend to be friendly, when really they aren't. You need to be able to tell the difference between friend and foe - and appreciate everyone in between.
Pros
you might be able to keep your job if you "fit in".
Cons
If you don't "fit in", they will can you to protect their (vaguely defined) "work place culture".
Nice plave
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Access control and monitor 2 contracted buildings. Helped me gain experience. I enjoyed working for them. Really nice place very professional and highly recommend
great family type work place
Installation Tech (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 15, 2018
only thing i dislike about this job was the mandatory overtime and on call situation the rotating schedule and midnight shift for 2 weeks then back to days or afternoons was hard to adjust to and still have a life outside of work
Pros
company vehicle and phone tablet free alarm system
Cons
see above
Fast paced, challanging, always feeling behind
Medical Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 31, 2017
You close out and return products that have been sent back.
I have learned how to do some inventory in MAS and now in Bright tree. I have also learned how to refurbish products that have been sent back.
Management is flexible and at times can be very demanding.
It is a pretty nice warehouse environment, everyone gets along.
The hardest part of the job is having 5 hours to do what would normally take 8 hours to do.
Pros
once a month there is a team meal
Cons
sometimes you are expected to miss breaks to keep up with demands
Stressful, fast-paced workplace.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 4, 2017
Typical day of work in central station consists of sitting at a desk (that will never be your own), and that is connected to other desks but only separated by a glass window. Each desk has their own computer, and chair (that is always broken). During the shift, you're answering calls, handling burglary or medical alarms, and making outgoing calls. It's very fast-paced, and stressful. I learned how the workplace culture is...competitive, and full of drama, and there will be "cliques". Some management is lazy, and uncooperative. Others are helpful and engaged. The hardest part of the job is learning the system software. It's very complicated. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers.
Pros
Company gatherings
Cons
Short breaks, management communication
its a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 26, 2017
i did 3yrs . tried to go up the ladder but ehh . get under the rite people and u should be fine . if u want to then try it . most sites are $10 and its hard to get better site to work at . most ask u to do things that a guard doesnt do .
great place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 12, 2017
great place to work. close travel time. worked independtly. Great hours. good benefits. nice co workers. overall Guardian is a place to further your professional skills.
greta place
Alarm Installer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 29, 2017
This was a good place to work I learned quick and was doing well, if not for my on going court situatuon I might have stayed here a lot longer than i did enjoyed the people and the work
Great Job, horrible Management.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 22, 2017
When i first started working For GAC, it really was a great place to work. After some time i realized upper management was not correctly supporting the agents when help was needed. They were really closed off and vindictive to agents.
fun calm work place i loved it here
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 27, 2017
I learned a lot how to type one ting while some one is on the phone explaining something else. I also learned how to listen and understand customers better.
work
Residential Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 13, 2017
fun
good staff
liked the job
enjoyed advancing into armored
sold off that side of the business
good work life balance
challenging work
would work there again
Some sites are better than others.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 1, 2017
I enjoy working in the schools but some sites don't pay well at all. I'd also like better job security when working at a particular site for a long period of time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay rates
Two Jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 30, 2017
for some reason this is two jobs merged together. Adecco is a staffing agency, and Brundidge Management is the franchise owner name for a McDonald's job I worked for.
Its a job
ARMED GUARD (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2017
I have worked there for a few months and the enviornment is not comfortable. Job duties and pay do not match. Treatment of employees is not fair and management seem cold and uncaring.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unstable work schedule
its ok but could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 21, 2017
short lunch breaks, no room to advance, would like to see more happy people working here, free uniforms and free lunch on certain event days. management is ok but could be better
Most boring thing in the world
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 16, 2017
I can't imagine how brain dead somebody has to be to stay here for very long. If staring at walls for minimum wage is your sort of thing, you might like it here. Can't use your phone, can't read a book, can't fall asleep. If the person scheduled to work after you doesn't show up, they'll expect you to drop everything and work a 16 hour shift, and threaten to fire you if you don't.
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Guardian gives it's employees every opportunity to have fun and make money while doing it. The give each employee their own schedule, then you get to pick and choose which jobs fits you. I believe this is the best way possible to handle employees. I believe this because there shouldn't be any issues, since they give you opportunity to work around any issues that may occur.
Guardian Alarm
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day of work at Guardian Alarm was me overlooking the caterers unload their truck while I was in my vehicle. It consisted of long hours. The reason I am no longer with Guardian Alarm is because of poor management.
Nice place to work if you avoid management
Commercial Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo Ohio officeDecember 5, 2016
This is a great place to work if your lucky enough to work in any department but sales from the Toledo office. Management only helps a chosen few in the office.
Pros
Sales commissions
Cons
No help from sales manager's