Guardian Angel Home Health Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job.
Regional Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 5, 2018
The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with the daily micromanagement by the owner and CEO of the company. It was very demeaning to work under those conditions especially when he would contact my direct reports and berate them and contradict everything I was trying to establish.
August 14, 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the CEO. We know the CEO can get very passionate when it comes to his sales teams and we apologize if that came on too strong. We always strive to do the best for our marketers out in the field and give them all the tools resources they need to succeed. We apologize that this was your experience with the agency.

Out seeing clients all day
Home Health and Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 2, 2018
I learned so much at this place! I got to do wound vacs and it was very encouraging to see patients get well so fast. Got along with everyone at work. Long hours with seeing patients and charting.
Pros
Birthday and anniversary recognition, breakfast at every clinic meeting
Cons
Driving long distances to see clients, no wifi, emr charting
needs to expand their educational opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 2, 2018
Guardian Angel need to provide more education on tablet functions, and needs to provide continuing education for updates using seminars, local onsite classes.
Pros
free mtg lunches
Cons
poor tablet training
People are disposable and dis-respected beyond your imagination
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 24, 2018
The lack of professionalism is unbelievable. They scream at each other in the office. No respect given to anyone let alone the patients. I have never in my 36 year career seen anything like this. The CEO is all about money and his margins. Please stay clear of this company if you want to succeed.
Pros
Hoping they will be sold soon
Cons
Stress Level thru the roof

Hello,

It is disappointing to hear that you had such a negative time working for our organization. I know we can all get passionate about our work at times but more often than not we work as a team here at corporate and try to do the best we can everyday to support our staff. Again I am sorry you had to experience that.

Turnover and culture
Liaison (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 17, 2018
90% Turnover. Very few people stay mostly family of owner stays. Not a positive encouraging supportive environment at all. Very out of touch with the market dynamics, Not supportive of growth only profits. Very demanding and demeaning. Expect to get fired everyday no HR process in place to protect the employee and absolutely no appreciation for employees and patients. They just feel there are more people to fill the spots over and over.
friendly
staff (Former Employee) –  Bicknell, INMay 17, 2018
nice working environment and friendly staff and management. Benefits offered and available to staff. Lots of different working options for most staff
Poor work enviornment
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 15, 2018
Every aspect of the organization is micromanaged by the CEO. There is a considerable amount of nepotism within the company, which leads to alot of internal conflicts that do not get resolved. Very sketchy business practices. Look at the CMS star rating for the various offices.

Hello,

Although there are family members of the owner that work here at Guardian, that number is far less than the number of non-related family members. We try our best to be fair with everyone regardless of their relation to the CEO. We consider ourselves one big family with equal opportunity for all employed at this organization.

Terrible Place
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 25, 2018
The worst place ever I have worked like sharks management in palm desert Ca Was not paid on time got kicked out of hospital with manager went where was not allowed should lose license was not paid final expenses much turnover not respected in community
Pros
Cons
all

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you were not paid on time and had issues with your expenses. It is seldom that there are payroll issues unless we are waiting for supervisors signature or additional information that needs to be provided. We are required by law to pay hours worked (which includes expenses).

Newer Company to Area
Home Health Staff (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 4, 2018
Staff was easy enough to get along with. Management changed a few times during employment. Stressful at times. HR was difficult to work with. Left at a good time.

Hello,

Sorry you had a negative experience with HR. We do our best to take care of issues in a timely fashion and I apologize if that was not your experience.

Stressful work environment
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 20, 2018
You have to have really thick skin to work here. Work environment is very stressful. Not well paid. I have to say though I did learn a lot but not worth the pay or stress
G Angel = No Angel
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 3, 2018
For me I was underpaid for my skill level from the day I agreed to the job. I had 6 years experience, and knew other employees with less experience doing same job made more. It was far from home, and in winter with snow not easily to get to/from work. This was a very stressful location to work at with the owner breathing down our boss' neck, who in turn passed it to us. They implemented a new computer system and laid off half the employees.
Pros
employed
Cons
distance, low pay, rude owner
Rewarding job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bicknell, INFebruary 21, 2018
The day to day interactions with the patients is a great reward for the job. The company provides support. Time off is easy to get. You a rewarded with bonus points for paid time off and vacations or money. I get every other weekend off. I work closely with patients daily needs and care as well as transportation to medical appts and community activities. I run errands for the patient. Work reimburses you for gas mileage.
Pros
gas mileage, unlimited hours
Cons
very little pay and no benefits
The worst management I have ever worked for!
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2018
The owner was so rude and embarrassing, I have never worked for such a horrible place as this! I do not advise anyone to work for this crooked company!
Pros
Cons
Very greedy owner
It was a positive environment to work in very relaxed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLDecember 29, 2017
Environment was friendly working within the homes of your client you can work at your own pace without Rushing the patients are how is happy to see you in the morning.
Worst owner ever!
Marketing and Medical Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2017
Worst owner and manager ever. He was embarrassing to be around and was rude, and never listened he wanted instant results had no idea of how it worked in San Jose
Independent and descreet work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 19, 2017
Guardian angel is a family owned company. It’s ablittle to discreet . But overall the residents you care for are extremely nice and it’s a pretty easy job.
Poorly managed
Therapist (Former Employee) –  West coastNovember 21, 2017
Operates on a shoestring budget. Nurses quit constantly. Poor communication from corporate and local office. Lots of demands from corporate office. Too many bosses and no staff.
Pros
Cons
poor staffing
Large international company
Senior Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 18, 2017
I did learn alot there about Quality Assurance, Quality improvement. Alot of driving covering a very large area from Garden city Area to north of Flint. I did like having a flexible schedule, making my own schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
little consideration of individuals
Unprofessional toxic environment
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 4, 2017
Nepotism at it's finest.
Unless you are friends or family with the owner your job will be anything but easy. The office staff has no problem talking down to employees, if you are a part of the "inner circle" you can get away with murder
Pros
wonderful patients
Cons
office staff
Can be stressful at times, sometimes some of the workers can be disrespectful
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 3, 2017
Overall I do love my job, and the people I work with. But at times it can become the last place I want to be, especially when a few of my co-workers go off an a tangent and become very disrespectful and do not allow others to even begin to assist them in any way.

It can then become the most stressful office to work in.
As a nurse, my focus is on the client care first, but now with all of the changes coming into the health care, it is becoming harder to provide the quality of care that these clients need due to insurance and Medicare restrictions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Angel Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.