Guardian Angels HomeCare

Cheshire, CT7 reviews

Guardian Angels HomeCare insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

job

Is a very unreliable job because they don't assure you a certain hour a week, when patients cancel they don't pay you for your lost hours. Patients cancel a lot and some weeks they give just few hours which harm your paycheck.

I’ve been here for years absolutely love my clients

Love this company. They really take the time to know each employee. They supply you with gloves and hand sanitizer. Everyone is so nice. They don’t just hire anyone like many other places.

Pros

U pick your own schedule

Cons

The pay could be better and u don’t get paid for travel

Awesome job.

I loved working with homecare. This company was great and very flexible with my schedule. They paired me with people in my area & in reasonable distance.

It can be okay at times

Need to work more hours and get more pay need more hours and more time to adjust to one client the right people to work at the right times in the right locations they tell you that got any names they don't have anything for you to do and come to find out somebody else is doing the job that you should be I don't agree with that

Pros

Need. More. Hours

Cons

Get. The. Right. People. To. Work

Angels on earth

Not only did I get a job faster than expected, I had the best clients to work with. I still keep in touch till date. Put your best foot forward and you are assured a permanent case in a short time.

Pros

Cases are available everyday.

Cons

Keep your phone on if you don't want to miss a case.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

office mananger/scheduler/payroll

great company to work for I learned everything I know from the owner. It was just me and her when she opened the company. I was offered a better paying job with the VNA and I went for it

Unprofessional Staff! Do not care about employees.

I worked for this company for almost 2 years. The only reason why I stayed for that long was that 1. I needed a job and 2. I loved the clients and my rewarding job. This company was very unprofessional and did not care much for their employees or their senior clients. I had 1 client that was transferred to a hospice and only found out when I went in to her home. Imagine my heartbreak when I had to speak to her daughter about what had happened and my disappointment with a company that failed to inform me.This company did have BASIC training at orientation, in which you watch a video and then answer some questions. However, it did not provide on-going training or training in Alzheimer. In addition, they expected you to assist clients with their showering/bathing and transferring, but never trained their employees. This company did not reward their employees in any way. There were no raises at any point, no meetings, reward certificates, newsletters, anything. Once you were hired, you basically never saw the staff at this location.I now work for Home Instead Senior Care. I am very happy here as they genuinely care about their employees and more importantly, their clients. I have learned much more about seniors and the many health issues they face in 3 months than I learned with GAH in almost three. GAH is the worst company I’ve worked for, considering the nature of their business. I'm glad the company I now work for is in so many states and actually care about people. There will come a time in which we all may need senior care services for loved ones or for ourselves. All senior -

Pros

clients were loving seniors.

Cons

no raises, no employee compensation, no employee awards, no on-going training, no updated newsletters, no communication with employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Angels HomeCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Guardian Angels HomeCare
  • Cheshire, CT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?