Guardian Elder Care Employee Reviews

My Experience
Dietary (Former Employee) –  BrockwayAugust 31, 2018
I worked in Dietary for about 6 months. It was absolutely horendes. Poor training. Absolutely no additional help for what had to be done in the kitchen. The manager there at the time was hardly seen back in the kitchen to help. Most of the kids back there walked all over you. Would NOT recommend this place for a job. The atmosphere was terrible and there was a lot of drama that wasn't necessary. Pay is not good & I was full time with benefits.
Pros
Cons
Liturally everything.
Toxic Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BrockwayAugust 10, 2018
I worked in the pharmacy for 2 yrs. I have never worked for such a toxic environment that pushes the bullying mentality. It is like a high school and unless you are a member of the "mean girls", your job is made difficult until you quit. It has one of the highest turnover, yet the company blames the workforce not managment.
Cons
Bullying, childish management
Sad to leave
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAAugust 4, 2018
I got hired for this place back in May. I loved every minute of being there and was heart broken when they fired me. They didn't really even give me a reason just told me it wasn't working out but I'm sure it was because i got into an arguement with some girls. I hated being fired but that doesn't take away from the fact that this was a great place to work. I got very attached to the residents on the dementia wing and loved coming to work every day. I recommend this place just be careful what you do because when they say they can fire you for any reason or no reason they mean that. Even if they just don't like you
Pros
Resident's are very easy to love
Cons
Favortism
Horrible Place!
Home Care (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAJuly 30, 2018
Was in Home Care, they expect way to much from you and will call all the time. NO proper training, horrible hours and not enough pay or appreciation. They take everyone for granted.
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible and play favorites!
Hoorible place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 11, 2018
Call Marty. This company is a rip off. They do not like to give raises, those staff they favor get paid what they want. No one is treated fairly. Overworked under paid, plus when they bought us the took away all our vacation time pto and sick time. Now we have to accumulate. Yet the CEO can spend 700,000 during the summer to have landscaping done.
Pros
Cons
everything
Go some where else
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Lima, OHJune 14, 2018
They play favorites to other employees u do not get every weakend off since administrator came no Christmas no thanksgiving gift cards nothing they dont care if you or your family sick no bonus be warned go else where
Pros
Nothing nice to say
Cons
Everthing
Awful administrator
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Marion Manor curwensville PennsylvaniaJune 7, 2018
Awful administrator , she breaks employee confidentiality, she forces people to go to another shift or quit. Over looks staff not taking care of residents. Plays favoritism. Blames everything on employees. She is the worse administrator.
Pros
Cons
Employee confidentiality is broken, administrator is horrible .
Extremely stressful and unorofessional work environment
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAMay 22, 2018
Everyone is in a complete panic to make things look great on paper that patient care is bare minimum or completelty neglected. Staff is completely overwhelmed by demands of administration. Unable to leave on time, constant arguing between staff, little assistance or help for new employees. Staff is very "cliquey." Constantly called in on days off. " dog eat dog" work environment. Pay and benefits are decent but not worth the daily mental stress.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, stressful, high demands, unprofessional staff
Would not recommend working for this company
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAMay 11, 2018
Toxic culture...from day one! People need to re-evaluate their behavior and very broken processes. Operations were an everyday struggle from lack of resources to inefficient workers/processes. Verbalized concerns, no change, "this is how it is". Definitely not a company I respect or would consider again for employment.
Cons
Leadership, toxic culture
Summary
Personal Care Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Brady, PAApril 16, 2018
I loved working there. They have a family setting and care for their employees. There is always someone to go to if you need something. Great Compmany
Nurse Liaison
Hospital Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAApril 12, 2018
Do not take this job! The management team is awful! The VP sends multiple harassing emails daily, the regional team are snotty, catty, immature, and unprofessional! They are the worst people to work for! Seriously don't go there, do anything else. Worst company on the planet.
Nurses run!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 18, 2018
As far as Licensed Nursing employment I'd avoid this one, though I will say the aides are dedicated, knowledgable and caring. Time constraint on nurses can be overwhelming considering medication cart administration, blood sugars, treatments, procedures, assist dining room, admissions and discharge all shifts.These are normal expectations (although one hall notoriously has most treatments/dressings, trachs, dialysis, feeding tubes etc add in database documentation triplicated redundantly on itself. Observed most nurses pre pouring meds and hacking documentation by cut and paste from day to day to leave on time.These practices are potentially dangerous to residents. Add loud foul language, howling laughter and party atmosphere at the nurse station...So if want professional and safe keep on looking.
Pros
Comprehensive training programs, good benefit package
Cons
Lack of professional conduct standards, mandatory doubles
Watch your back
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 7, 2018
The $10,000 sign on bonus for Full time 3-11 RN turned out to be a hoax. My greatest error was asking the administrator exactly when and how the sign on bonus was payable. $2400.00 on day 1, then $$ every 90 days for 1 year. Was then fired three days later after working 1 shift on the floor. This nursing home is a revolving door of nurses, CNAs, cooks, and threrapy. The DON and Administrator are two of the most incompetent people I have worked with in my entire career. DON is on a warpath and verbally abuses everyone she sees, from housekeeping to therapy, to nursing. The building is losing money, yet they prefer to pay agency CNAs and Nurses $40 and $70 per hour, and seemingly cannot even get agency to show up for work. A pitiful, mismanaged building that once held 44 residents, now down to 19. They also recruit and accept patients for "rehab" who have no ability whatsoever to rehab. 100% medicare and private pay, then they throw the resident out when they run out of money. Corporate conglomerate only interested in bottom line $$, not the care of patients. Don't just walk away, run.
Pros
close to home
Cons
abhorrent leadership
Very supportive team and management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAFebruary 14, 2018
The "G" is one of the best nursing homes I have ever worked in!
The management team is very supportive
Pleasant and although busy at times, a great team
Pros
Pay
Cons
Challenging at times, but not overwhelming
Lead RNAC (Current Employee) –  Beaver County, PAFebruary 10, 2018
I am in management and I have been helping the nursing staff cover hours on the off shifts. Some of the reviews I have read are very untrue at least in my building. We have an awesome administrator that interacts daily with the residents and is not afraid to roll his sleeves up to assist the staff. As a nurse manager, I feel compelled to assist my other team members so they do not get burned out. We are agency free and I am on a mission to ensure it stays this way. You have to be in the mindset that this is your extended family. Everyone on the team brings their personal experiences and thoughts to make it what it is. If you have a good core team and respect everyone's thoughts and feeling regarding a situation, you just may find yourself not the only captain on the ship. It takes a "team" of folks to make this all happen. You may have 30 + years under your belt, however, stop and listen to the folks that know, your life will become much easier. As far as Senior Leadership....they are always a phone call away to assist, this is something line staff are unaware of. I believe they get a bad rap for no reason.
Pros
Awesome Administrator
Alot to manage
Regional Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Hastings, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Must have a strong personality to survive. I did like my coworkers..pay was good. Flexible hours. Close to home. Ltc is a challenge with many regulations.
Not a good place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 15, 2018
This was definitely not a great place to be. There are a handful of decent staff but there are many with questionable ethics. I was not impressed with patient care or communication among staff.
Do not waste your time.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Weatherly, PAJanuary 9, 2018
This employee is only concerned about their selves. Their position as a healthcare provider is to provide excellent 24/7 hour care. That is not at all what they do. There care is poor and so is the quality of supplies. This place has gone downhill.
Great company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working there. The supervisors are wonderful. And very understanding . A few things I didn't like were they sent me to a house of someone that needed more help than I was aware of. They tend to "throw you to the wolves" with certain consumers. But if you tell them you are uncomfortable with someone they will take you out right away. I learned if I was up front with them they were up front with me.
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!! hires whoever no matter records
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAJanuary 5, 2018
if you know management then you keep your job no matter your conduct! concerns are not addressed if the employees are friends with management, corporate doesn't look into anything, very poorly run, they give you a bad name and not a good reference even if you were a good employee. STAY AWAY! there's much better home agencies in the area and consumers agree!!!!!
Pros
consumers
Cons
management