Guardian Elder Care Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mifflintown, PAJanuary 10, 2019
Relaxed environment, would recommend to anyone to work here as long as you like fast paced health care. Great company. Pay is great and full time benefits are great.
Pros
Free meals
Poor management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Shippenville, PAJanuary 8, 2019
The company is poorly managed. The main office in Brockway cares about money and that’s it. Unsafe staffing levels and most of the people working there only got 3-4 days of training before being on their own, so they have no idea what they are doing! They let good management go because they do what is right and not what will make them the most money. The only good thing is that the staff does truly care about the residents
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Poor management
Not enough training.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PADecember 24, 2018
As a new nurse I didn't receive enough training. If you did your job the correct way other co workers would be mad at you and do everything possible to get you in trouble. If you were in the right click your mistakes got hidden for you. Training was offered but the people they entrusted to teach me did not do there job the proper way so in all reality I didnt learn anything and could not tell anyone what happened or my days at work would have been made more difficult. Loved my job and was very dedicated. Never missed work. Was never late and always picked up extra hours when asked along with always offering to help co workers.
Pros
You can pick up tons of overtime. Bonuses are nice.
Cons
Cut throat. Bad employees run out the good ones.
I enjoy working here
Brockway - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PADecember 12, 2018
Working at guardian elder care is about working as a team. It’s fun at times but it’s also work. Management was great! Training could be better but other workers don’t mind helping in any time of need. Great work place
For the serious and professional
Administrator (Current Employee) –  VariousDecember 12, 2018
My experience is that of a manager. This is a serious business with very supportive management team who will teach you what you are motivated to learn, within reason and not perfectly. Must truly care for the welfare of the elder clients, and the company will recognize your efforts. This is a far more reasonable company than others I have worked for, but the times they are a changin’ . Will need creativity and spirit, along with strong interpersonal skills to succeed. This company will work with you if you have the talent and the desire to do well.
Pros
Supportive leadership
Cons
Difficult work goals (a reflection of the intensity of the business environment)
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PADecember 11, 2018
I worked at the Guardian in Brockway. The residents are great. The coworkers and upper management are the worst I have ever seen. I saw an LPN flip off a resident and tell the resident no when the resident asked for help to the bathroom. I saw other things I never should have witnessed as well. Don't work here and definitely do not house your loved ones here.
Run from this facility!!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
dont go anywhere near this company
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PANovember 20, 2018
rather than listen to what their employees tell them about bedside care, staffing levels, too many medications, and charting time, this company like others, has become drunk on the endless supply of cheap labor and people desperate for work. The exploitation of the employee (aides, nurses, housekeeping and dietary) in this place takes the cake, out of all the other places I've worked. not only that, they have zero respect for nursing staff, zero respect for patient safety, will fire people or let talented and dedicated staff walk out the door for a better job. no employee retention, almost no benefits, no respect for anyone. They should hang a sign on the door that says, "work here at your own risk, and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit your a** on the way out."
Pros
Cons
everything
Nice staff
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PANovember 19, 2018
Working in the kitchen was great. They were willing to work around my school schedule well. The co-workers were nice. The residents are great and super sweet.
Fast paced
LPN (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PANovember 9, 2018
This was a fast-paced environment with more staff needed to give more therapeutic and emotional support to patients. I felt there was always more to do and often as though I wasn’t able to complete all listed tasks and paper work.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough time with each patient
Guardian Eldercare: Enter qt your own risk!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Shippenville, PANovember 5, 2018
The upper management in this company could not possibly care less! As long as they have a body behind a desk, they are good. I've been here long enough to watch very strong and talented staff and leaders walk away because Brockway does nothing to assist or help the buildings. "Neighbors caring for neighbors" is a COMPLETE JOKE! This company has too many people who know too many people, who all have their friends in positions they do not deserve and are not qualified for.
Cons
Everything!
revolving door atmosphere
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAOctober 31, 2018
unrealistic work expectations, asked to sacrifice too much of your personal life for the company, pay is not nearly enough for the amount of productivity required.
poorly handled
employee (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAOctober 24, 2018
was recruited and then discharged .

poor management.

very sneaky

was unwilling to listen to anyone else's ideas or concerns. Upper management is a joke.
Nice place to work
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PASeptember 23, 2018
The office staff is extremely nice and tries to accommodate all staff needs as possible. Office staff tried to provide me with as many hours as possible.
Rewarding Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PASeptember 21, 2018
I have been working at the Guardian Corporate Office for 4 years now. I started there fresh out of college in an entry level position. During my time at Guardian, I have learned a lot, been challenged to think differently, and have really grown as a professional. The work can be challenging at times like any other job, but honestly I'd rather be challenged than bored. Environment is laid back but professional. Direct supervisors are great. They've always supported my professional growth, listened to what I have to say, and encouraged collaboration within our dept. This company really notices their "A" players. As long as you work hard and have a passion to continue to learn/grow, you will do well here.
Pros
Paid breaks aside from lunch, room for advancement, sick and vacation time
Cons
Expect too much from employees.
Biller (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAAugust 28, 2018
Overtime is frowned upon but employees are given too much of a workload to handle properly. They are reprimanded when the work doesn't get done or when mistakes are made but there just isn't enough time to do all of the work. There is a lot of turnover at the home office as well as in every facility. Many in management and administration are let go with no explanation as to why.
Toxic Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BrockwayAugust 10, 2018
I worked in the pharmacy for 2 yrs. I have never worked for such a toxic environment that pushes the bullying mentality. It is like a high school and unless you are a member of the "mean girls", your job is made difficult until you quit. It has one of the highest turnover, yet the company blames the workforce not managment.
Cons
Bullying, childish management
Sad to leave
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAAugust 4, 2018
I got hired for this place back in May. I loved every minute of being there and was heart broken when they fired me. They didn't really even give me a reason just told me it wasn't working out but I'm sure it was because i got into an arguement with some girls. I hated being fired but that doesn't take away from the fact that this was a great place to work. I got very attached to the residents on the dementia wing and loved coming to work every day. I recommend this place just be careful what you do because when they say they can fire you for any reason or no reason they mean that. Even if they just don't like you
Pros
Resident's are very easy to love
Cons
Favortism
Horrible Place!
Home Care (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAJuly 30, 2018
Was in Home Care, they expect way to much from you and will call all the time. NO proper training, horrible hours and not enough pay or appreciation. They take everyone for granted.
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible and play favorites!
Hoorible place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 11, 2018
Call Marty. This company is a rip off. They do not like to give raises, those staff they favor get paid what they want. No one is treated fairly. Overworked under paid, plus when they bought us the took away all our vacation time pto and sick time. Now we have to accumulate. Yet the CEO can spend 700,000 during the summer to have landscaping done.
Pros
Cons
everything
Go some where else
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Lima, OHJune 14, 2018
They play favorites to other employees u do not get every weakend off since administrator came no Christmas no thanksgiving gift cards nothing they dont care if you or your family sick no bonus be warned go else where
Pros
Nothing nice to say
Cons
Everthing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Elder Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6