Guardian Elder Care Employee Reviews

Guardian Eldercare: Enter qt your own risk!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Shippenville, PANovember 5, 2018
The upper management in this company could not possibly care less! As long as they have a body behind a desk, they are good. I've been here long enough to watch very strong and talented staff and leaders walk away because Brockway does nothing to assist or help the buildings. "Neighbors caring for neighbors" is a COMPLETE JOKE! This company has too many people who know too many people, who all have their friends in positions they do not deserve and are not qualified for.
Cons
Everything!
revolving door atmosphere
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAOctober 31, 2018
unrealistic work expectations, asked to sacrifice too much of your personal life for the company, pay is not nearly enough for the amount of productivity required.
poorly handled
employee (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAOctober 24, 2018
was recruited and then discharged .

poor management.

very sneaky

was unwilling to listen to anyone else's ideas or concerns. Upper management is a joke.
Nice place to work
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PASeptember 23, 2018
The office staff is extremely nice and tries to accommodate all staff needs as possible. Office staff tried to provide me with as many hours as possible.
Rewarding Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PASeptember 21, 2018
I have been working at the Guardian Corporate Office for 4 years now. I started there fresh out of college in an entry level position. During my time at Guardian, I have learned a lot, been challenged to think differently, and have really grown as a professional. The work can be challenging at times like any other job, but honestly I'd rather be challenged than bored. Environment is laid back but professional. Direct supervisors are great. They've always supported my professional growth, listened to what I have to say, and encouraged collaboration within our dept. This company really notices their "A" players. As long as you work hard and have a passion to continue to learn/grow, you will do well here.
Pros
Paid breaks aside from lunch, room for advancement, sick and vacation time
Cons
Expect too much from employees.
Biller (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAAugust 28, 2018
Overtime is frowned upon but employees are given too much of a workload to handle properly. They are reprimanded when the work doesn't get done or when mistakes are made but there just isn't enough time to do all of the work. There is a lot of turnover at the home office as well as in every facility. Many in management and administration are let go with no explanation as to why.
Toxic Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BrockwayAugust 10, 2018
I worked in the pharmacy for 2 yrs. I have never worked for such a toxic environment that pushes the bullying mentality. It is like a high school and unless you are a member of the "mean girls", your job is made difficult until you quit. It has one of the highest turnover, yet the company blames the workforce not managment.
Cons
Bullying, childish management
Sad to leave
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAAugust 4, 2018
I got hired for this place back in May. I loved every minute of being there and was heart broken when they fired me. They didn't really even give me a reason just told me it wasn't working out but I'm sure it was because i got into an arguement with some girls. I hated being fired but that doesn't take away from the fact that this was a great place to work. I got very attached to the residents on the dementia wing and loved coming to work every day. I recommend this place just be careful what you do because when they say they can fire you for any reason or no reason they mean that. Even if they just don't like you
Pros
Resident's are very easy to love
Cons
Favortism
Horrible Place!
Home Care (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAJuly 30, 2018
Was in Home Care, they expect way to much from you and will call all the time. NO proper training, horrible hours and not enough pay or appreciation. They take everyone for granted.
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible and play favorites!
Hoorible place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 11, 2018
Call Marty. This company is a rip off. They do not like to give raises, those staff they favor get paid what they want. No one is treated fairly. Overworked under paid, plus when they bought us the took away all our vacation time pto and sick time. Now we have to accumulate. Yet the CEO can spend 700,000 during the summer to have landscaping done.
Pros
Cons
everything
Go some where else
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Lima, OHJune 14, 2018
They play favorites to other employees u do not get every weakend off since administrator came no Christmas no thanksgiving gift cards nothing they dont care if you or your family sick no bonus be warned go else where
Pros
Nothing nice to say
Cons
Everthing
Guardian Eldercare
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 10, 2018
-Responsible for the assessment of every resident that is admitted.

-Responsible for weight, wounds, Tube feedings, Total Parenteral Nutrition, falls, food drug interactions with in numerous disease and health states. Medications that can not be used with tube feedings.

-Increased knowledge of differing disease states of the residents, mostly more than one health risk in an individual, cost containment with supplements and the necessity to use supplements when all foods have been tried and refused.

-Cost control of all food sources and employee hours based on current census

-The hardest part of the job is to get a resident stabilized nutritionally for the resident to start their end of life care, loosing them

The most enjoyable part was spending time with the residents, learning about them, meeting their dietary and nutritional needs.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Hours were cut to 20/week
Awful administrator
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Marion Manor curwensville PennsylvaniaJune 7, 2018
Awful administrator , she breaks employee confidentiality, she forces people to go to another shift or quit. Over looks staff not taking care of residents. Plays favoritism. Blames everything on employees. She is the worse administrator.
Pros
Cons
Employee confidentiality is broken, administrator is horrible .
Extremely stressful and unorofessional work environment
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAMay 22, 2018
Everyone is in a complete panic to make things look great on paper that patient care is bare minimum or completelty neglected. Staff is completely overwhelmed by demands of administration. Unable to leave on time, constant arguing between staff, little assistance or help for new employees. Staff is very "cliquey." Constantly called in on days off. " dog eat dog" work environment. Pay and benefits are decent but not worth the daily mental stress.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, stressful, high demands, unprofessional staff
Would not recommend working for this company
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAMay 11, 2018
Toxic culture...from day one! People need to re-evaluate their behavior and very broken processes. Operations were an everyday struggle from lack of resources to inefficient workers/processes. Verbalized concerns, no change, "this is how it is". Definitely not a company I respect or would consider again for employment.
Cons
Leadership, toxic culture
Summary
Personal Care Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Brady, PAApril 16, 2018
I loved working there. They have a family setting and care for their employees. There is always someone to go to if you need something. Great Compmany
Nurse Liaison
Hospital Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAApril 12, 2018
Do not take this job! The management team is awful! The VP sends multiple harassing emails daily, the regional team are snotty, catty, immature, and unprofessional! They are the worst people to work for! Seriously don't go there, do anything else. Worst company on the planet.
Nurses run!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 18, 2018
As far as Licensed Nursing employment I'd avoid this one, though I will say the aides are dedicated, knowledgable and caring. Time constraint on nurses can be overwhelming considering medication cart administration, blood sugars, treatments, procedures, assist dining room, admissions and discharge all shifts.These are normal expectations (although one hall notoriously has most treatments/dressings, trachs, dialysis, feeding tubes etc add in database documentation triplicated redundantly on itself. Observed most nurses pre pouring meds and hacking documentation by cut and paste from day to day to leave on time.These practices are potentially dangerous to residents. Add loud foul language, howling laughter and party atmosphere at the nurse station...So if want professional and safe keep on looking.
Pros
Comprehensive training programs, good benefit package
Cons
Lack of professional conduct standards, mandatory doubles
Watch your back
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 7, 2018
The $10,000 sign on bonus for Full time 3-11 RN turned out to be a hoax. My greatest error was asking the administrator exactly when and how the sign on bonus was payable. $2400.00 on day 1, then $$ every 90 days for 1 year. Was then fired three days later after working 1 shift on the floor. This nursing home is a revolving door of nurses, CNAs, cooks, and threrapy. The DON and Administrator are two of the most incompetent people I have worked with in my entire career. DON is on a warpath and verbally abuses everyone she sees, from housekeeping to therapy, to nursing. The building is losing money, yet they prefer to pay agency CNAs and Nurses $40 and $70 per hour, and seemingly cannot even get agency to show up for work. A pitiful, mismanaged building that once held 44 residents, now down to 19. They also recruit and accept patients for "rehab" who have no ability whatsoever to rehab. 100% medicare and private pay, then they throw the resident out when they run out of money. Corporate conglomerate only interested in bottom line $$, not the care of patients. Don't just walk away, run.
Pros
close to home
Cons
abhorrent leadership
Very supportive team and management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAFebruary 14, 2018
The "G" is one of the best nursing homes I have ever worked in!
The management team is very supportive
Pleasant and although busy at times, a great team
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Elder Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6