Guardian Elder Care Employee Reviews

Administrator
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 18, 2019
It was time to move on from this facility after only 2 months on the job. They cannot attract any kind of sustainable flow of revenue to break even or run a profit, which is the only goal of Guardian Healthcare. Truth be told, the building has anywhere from 17-21 residents in it on a daily basis, with no retention of patient or staff, because its a short term medicare A/B stay with no medicaid license to sustain long term care. Avg length of stay is 5 days. This places an unreasonable mountain of work on what little support staff is left, after they rationed all staff to only support the state minimum requirements. Its been losing money for years, with dozens of area nursing homes competing for residents. Micromanaged daily by regional managers in Nanticoke. The few patients that once were private pay LTC have long since expired , and never replaced. It will never make money and will likely close.
Worst Company and Poor Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 8, 2019
The administrator is the MAIN problem. She will lie to your face when you call her out on her bs.Staff is unreliable and lazy.The worst place ever!!!!
Horrific management and staff
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Weatherly, PANovember 6, 2019
Management is lazy and puts all responsibility on the employees at the bottom of the food chain. Lowly employees assume all responsibility while management fattens up... ignorant people all around. So understaffed and treated poorly that every employee becomes ignorant and much more. Management is spiteful and they try to get each other into trouble and jealous of eachother and create many issues over this. Good luck ! I WOULD STAY AWAY! FAR AWAY!!!!!!!
Don’t Work There If You Can Avoid It
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 3, 2019
When I went for my interview I was given a unbelievable story about how I’d love my job and live that place. Not even a few months into working there I realized I hated it. The nursing staff walks all over you. If you have a physical issue ie endometriosis and are in excruciating pain they don’t care they expect you to come into work. The pay is not worth the stuff they really put you through there.
The Worst Facility I Ever Worked In
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 16, 2019
My career in LTC has been a long and varied one, having moved and lived in other states multiple times due to family work obligations. Having said that, nothing quite describes the shock and remorse I have after working in this facility. I have dealt with understaffing, lack of supplies and difficult patients many times before, but I have never seen a more incompetent leadership than the one at Blough. I am truly speechless at how poorly run this facility is, and the complete disregard for patients rights and safety. I moved on very quickly and will not be back.
Its a dump with Agency staff on all shifts
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 17, 2019
When I try to describe the nightmare of agency staffing in a nursing home to people not in the healthcare profession, people cannot comprehend what a problem it is. So I'll explain by an analogy...do you want a construction company doing work in your house who gets its staff by pulling into a WAWA parking lot each morning, and grabbing anyone there who happens to be standing around? Didn't think so. Alas, do not place your loved one in a facility who uses agency staffing, because its exactly the same concept. They are bringing people into your home for daily pay, and they do not know who any of these people are. Most work one shift and are never seen again. Run from this hael hole.
Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians
Business Office Manager/HR Director/AP (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PASeptember 14, 2019
Lack of support, in house and regionally. Expectations of all jobs are a set up for failure due to lack of support. Workplace culture is lacking and it effects energetic, and talent reflecting in low retention in all departments and positions.
Liked client
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PASeptember 7, 2019
Didn't get paid enough and put a ton of miles on my car I think they could have got our clients closer to where we lived. Not expecting care givers to travel 26 miles for 1 hour a day
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Pay was terrible
Home Office
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PASeptember 1, 2019
It is a great place to work. Management and co-workers are friendly, eager to help you learn medical billing. There is alot that needs to be done, but the team work is exceptional. The Business Office Managers at each facility were also terrific to work with.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits
Cons
Confined to a desk
Agency Only staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 13, 2019
Do not waste your time applying here because they are 100% staffed by agency for RN, LPN and CNA/aide and have no intention of hiring anyone. Dietary has no employees either. Its a joke. Do not send loved one here.
Good work atmoshere and great benefits
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 10, 2019
I worked for Guardian in a temporary role. Good and sound company. Caring CEO and management team. Good care for our residents. They have good wages and benefits for all employees on every level.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and work environment
Cons
Staffing is sometimes a challenge.
Change in 401K Employer's Matching Contribution!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAAugust 5, 2019
With all the positive growth for GEC ( income) one would NEVER expect to see a BIG REDUCTION with the 401K Employer's Contribution for 2018 year!
Maximum Change from a $9,000 Employer's Contribution previously
TO
Maximum Change to ONLY 3% of one's yearly paid/salary!
Hence I expected my $9,000 Employer's Contribution/Match and now informed
i will be receiving only 3% of my salary - A BIG $6,500 RIP OFF!
Not nice to the hard working employees! Can't retire on this amount!
What's next, smaller cubes and new outside management!
Money orientated, now focused on clients.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richland, PAJuly 30, 2019
Abusive tendencies, disgusting work facilities, half assed work is encouraged, management is the biggest issue!!!! Low pay. Chain of command isn’t followed, nursing staff is very disrespectful to coworkers. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Well combined team working to achieve a higher quality of care to our residents and work families.
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Curwensville, PA 16833July 28, 2019
The overall attitude of the employees is working together to make our residents feel at home and well cared for. Small touches bring our community her at Ridgeview closer to what the resident would have at home. For example, we have a garden and flowers in our courtyard that really light up our residents.
Nurturing family oriented employer that promotes growth
Rn (Current Employee) –  Scottdale, PAJuly 15, 2019
I have been in long term care for nearly 15+ years and Guardian is by far the best company I have worked for. There is a nurturing feel for new employees as well as ongoing potential for growth and development within the company. Guardian is very helpful to new employees who show dedication and the desire to keep growing. The building has a small home like feeling; the residents and staff are happy I love my current position and the positive atmosphere I work within
Oil City Healthcare and Rehab
Director of Admissions and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAJuly 3, 2019
I will say to you that I love working at the Oil City facility and for Guardian Elder Care. Management works very hard and is committed to the facility. Staff provide great care to residents and are willing to help out wherever is needed. I have been given the opportunity to grow and learn so much in my role. I can’t see myself anywhere else. We truly are the best facility in Venango County.
Terrible place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAJuly 2, 2019
They are only concerned about how much money they bring in a month! They don’t care if you have family emergencies, or have an emergency yourself. All they are worried about is the mighty dollar! Don’t ask for a day off the first two weeks of billing (if you are a biller) you will be denied. Management there is down right awful! The way they speak to you! Not a good place to work!
good place to work
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 24, 2019
a very good place to work, friendly people,Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise. Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
Challenging and Rewarding
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richfield, PAJune 20, 2019
Some of the reviews I have read are very untrue at least in my building. Everyone on the team brings their personal experiences and thoughts to make it what it is. The work can be challenging at times like any other job, but honestly I'd rather be challenged than bored.
Pros
Teamwork, Healthcare, Home Like Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Run!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 2, 2019
The management is extremely poor. They have no idea how to run a company. The management is more concerned about money then the residents. Understaffed, lazy, abuse,neglect, all while working here.
Pros
Cons
Pay, understaffed, does not meet state regulations, managment only cares about money not residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Elder Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5