Guardian Healthcare Providers Employee Reviews

Worst agency
Nurse contractor (Former Employee) –  Tn and other stateSeptember 27, 2018
They put you in harms way, in extreme dangerous situations (prisons with hostile coworkers). I would never allow my children (in nursing school) to work for them! Sent me on contract in another state with no housing provided nor housing stipend (don’t do that! I just wanted to see some old friends near the other state job) Once I was ill (from being in cheap motel away from home: bedbugs attack. Only place I could could find somewhat affordable near the job: paid for out of my pocket) and had a doctor excuse note, they still fired me. Then they fought against me for unemployment benefits. I hope karma gets them!

They had one retired nurse who telecommutes from another state who was the only one of the bunch worth beans

What this other nurse said in their review was right on : “worked at prison with them. They will not stand behind their employees if something goes wrong on job. Will not give you a raise and pays far less than the competition who has same contract”
Pros
A job
Cons
There’s way many better agencies this ones a joke
Nice relaxed atmosphere.
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MO and St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2018
Great pay with fair benefits. Non-intrusive management with much employee autonomy present. No weekend work unless desired. No productivity standards and no Medicare/Medicaid/private insurance billing for our services--less pressure than with other jobs. Unique group of clients.
Pros
Flexible hours if desired, great pay, no micro-managing, great employee support by management.
Cons
Fair benefits with all vacation or holiday time taken from Paid-Time-Off bank.
Basic white people culture
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 24, 2019
My experience was pretty crazy I recently moved to Kentucky never have I work for this company so I got in contact with a recruiter told me that she can give me on at a state hospital intern let her know that I had a misdemeanor on my background she told me it wouldn't be a problem she sent me a text and next day stating Unfortunately they say you don't meet the criteria cool. Text her back do you have anything else available never received a phone call back these white folks do not care about you I'm just giving it to you straight up they only want money and they're not going to defend you and they're not going to fight for you just like all other agencies in Tennessee in other states so I my advice don't ever work for these folks they don't give a fuc
Pros
Cons
Greedy rich folks that think that u can play games with people's livley hood
Work for favorite staffing instead
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 3, 2018
Worked at prison with them. They will not stand behind their employees if something goes wrong on job. Will not give you a raise and pays far less than the competition who has same contract. They never, I mean never answer the phones in the Nashville office. Work for Favorite staffing instead they are far superior.
Pros
Cons
Non responsive and uncaring
Prn rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Wish I could do less than 1 star. Staff here are completely unprofessional and rude. Literally have screen shots of emails that corporate needs to see. All because I didn’t feel comfortable going to a job with zero orientation. Even traveling agencies give you two days. Even after saying I was quitting their employees continued to email me and harass me. Unprofessional, rude, and dangerous company
Pros
Zero
Cons
No orientation, rude staff
Giving one star is too many
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Ft. Worth, TXMarch 16, 2016
Whoever decided to switch to the EMR software they use now shouldn't be allowed to make any other decisions. EVER. You can never do enough to please management and them having vague expectations for you does not help. If you enjoy stroking the egos of upper management then this is the place for you. If you stroke egos then you'll get special treatment. If you just want to work and not play politics then you'll basically be shunned. Don't expect to be appreciated for your hard work here. They will chew you up and spit you out no matter how hard you work. Three days bereavement even for an immediate family member and they act like they're giving you a paid vacation for that much. This place is the perfect example of management making simple tasks difficult. Anyone can make things difficult and management here are pros at it.
Pros
Paycheck every 2 weeks, insurance and 401k, some co-workers and patients
Cons
Egotistical management who can't give a straight answer
worked thru Guardian as a contract with Hazelwood Center
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2018
would oversee medical care for individuals with developmental disabilities, took on call during the night, round at facility on weekends. Cover units in absence of Medical Director and APRN peers. In charge of medical codes in absence of Medical Director.
Worked in corrections
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2018
I worked DSNF corrections. It was horrible . Its loud,banging etc.Inmates throw bowl movement on you. You can’t take off even when you find your Own replacement just not a place yo wanna Work for. No one ever stays long there.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Stress, bowl movement being thrown in you, you will see suicide
Great plact to work with positive in put daily
Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyDecember 19, 2014
Guardian Healthcare was probably the best work atmosphere I have ever experienced. Everyone had a great attitude and we were able to get a lot of work done while enjoying the atmosphere. I learned so much about sourcing candidates for employment and how the business works. My manager was full of information and very helpful to me on a daily basis. I suppose the hardest part of the job was finding leads in small towns that were miles from everything but I found out that is was possible to do. I have to say I really enjoyed this job and really can't find anything negative to say about it.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
When they regrouped I was laid off.
Don't work here if you live in missouri
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
One thing that is important in the medical field, especially working with predominately females, is that you want your administration to stand up for you. They will not do this. The places they staff you in st louis are full of terrible employees that aren't through the agency. They are rude, and if they decide they don't like you, you might as well kiss your job goodbye. I had some problems with a nurse and another aide. They were targeting me and harassing me at my job. I reported it three times and nothing was done. The nurse decided to say that my work ethic was shotty, i have NEVER lost a job, and just because of what this nurse said, i was terminated on the spot. The agency did not defend me or even try to investigate what happened. I was upset and they told me that they would keep me employed with them and staff me somewhere else because they believed me. they told me to wait for a phone call. instead, i got a letter a week later saying i was terminated and they would not answer my phone calls.Get yourself a job that you can be secure in because this company screwed me over.
horrible experience
lpn (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2015
They do not know their own policy and procedures.
They did not pay holiday pay or bereavement pay after telling me that I would get it.. having signed time sheets means NOTHING.
Constantly telling everyone something different.
Corporate was no help at all.
Horrible just horrible.
Pros
Cons
management is horrid with terrible attitudes
Awesome Company
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2017
Great! Overall wonderful company to work for. Management is decent. A decent size company but you don't feel lost in the company either and everyone knows your name.
productive
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2014
productive
educational
good team work
flexible
good management
Private contractor providing nursing care to corrections.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2015
Awesome company. They basically handle your pay while you discuss your schedule with a Nursing Manager once a week or so.
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours
Cons
Provides care to corrections
the Best agency. Took care of employee with their best
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 6, 2016
They take care of their employees and they are very accommodating and flexible. Pay is good. And they advise you on how to succeed as a nurse. I love them.
Fun
Client Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 12, 2016
Awesome people and company are both great! Enjoy working here with the flexibility! Would recommend to anyone and everyone!
Great Small Company
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2014
Great learning experiences, and great people to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job, is the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Healthcare Providers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8