GUARDIAN HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoyed working with a variety of ethnic groups and helping people to reacuh their maximum health potential and maintain a positive can do attitude
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with the elderly. The challenge was to provide individual attention while also promoting group activities. It was important to monitor their various physical problems while continually helping them to maintain positive attitudes. This is best achieved by letting them know you really care and being responsive to their needs by active listening and counseling them on appropriate health concerns. It is equally important to function in the context of a team respecting everyone's role including the doctors, nurses and team mates and family members- Mutual respect is the key to good relations.
Pros
Getting positive feedback from clients
Cons
This was a temporary assignment covering someone on sick leave
Prouductive and collaborative work environment
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 10, 2018
At my time with Guardian Healthcare I was able to work in a positive work environment that encourages all employees to be productive. Although I was there for a temporary job, the manager overseeing me made sure I always understood the task at hand. She would assist me to the best of her ability as well.
Ancillary staff poor attitudes
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  North Lima, OHApril 2, 2018
Great patients to work with. Challenging behaviors. Rough co-worker and ancillary staff attitudes. Many staff members have been there many years, family atmosphere. Excellent care for the non typical residents.
Pros
More independent residents
Cons
Ancillary staff attitudes
Productive work group with fun games and friendly staff
Verificationand Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 8, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - Always positive attitude. It was like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Worked on teams and played games to motivate the revenue for billing collections, the winner would receive a gift. They promote within the company. Company lunches were brought in everyday. A great amily of people to work with.
Pros
Often time we had free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
no incentive for your work, money hungry company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIFebruary 15, 2018
Does not offer competitive wage. Employees travel distances and is not offered millage. There aren't weekend incentives, most of the time you might make less then the facilities staff.(CNA'S) lots of payroll errors.
Pros
flexibility of working with an agency
Cons
does not show any appreciation toward their CNA'S
work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Busy office. Answered phones. Ordered office supplies. Entered patient data, scheduled clinical staff visits, created patient charts. Faxed orders to physicians for signatures. Met a lot of good people.
Pros
sometimes had free lunches
Cons
worked overtime without pay
Management was very helpful and understanding.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2018
I got to travel a lot and meet new people. It taught me many ways to deal with many different nationalities and behavior issues. It was exciting and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Traveling and meeting new people
Cons
Temporary Job
Productive, but horrible management and poor benefits
Data Entry,Insurance Verification, Authorization (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2017
A typical work day was very busy due to insurance verification and authorization and there was a lot of negativity toward the end due to office politics that ensued.
Pros
The ability to work independently
Cons
Didn't care about their staff or the patients
Laid back, fast paced
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 21, 2017
Extremely clean! Very homey atmosphere! Great group of people to work with! Very accommodating work/home life. Small facility 45 beds and mainly rehab residents.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great incentives, hours there to pick up if needed
Cons
Pay schedule
Poor Management
Assistant Director of Nursing/ CNA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 20, 2017
Great coworkers and residents. Poor management. No Job Description provided after two months in the position and no adequate training. Extra responsibilites added with no extra pay. No job security. Management makes changes with no notice, causing hardships for my CNAs.
Pros
love the residents
Cons
stressful with low pay.
Unpaid Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PADecember 18, 2017
I was brought on in 2014 as a summer intern. They didn't pay me but I took it because it looked good on my resume. The company is very unorganized and the contradict themselves all the time.
Good learning experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MANovember 16, 2017
Loved the feel for it and the people. It’s easy if you have a reliable transportation but I love it. Would go back once I get a reliable transportation and when I can get something near my home
NIce company to work for
Corrections Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2017
The assignment was temporary. Guardian was based out of Nashville, but the support was great and readily available. The pay was decent. Wished the contract was longer.
Pros
Set schedule, paid on time
Cons
Job was temporary
No benefits
Agency RN (Current Employee) –  Irma, WIOctober 15, 2017
We don't receive benefits. Don't feel valued at this company. Hate being referred to as just "AGENCY." Seems like anyone can get a job working at a nursing agency, doesn't take any skill or brains. Agency nursing has a bad reputation for people who cant keep jobs, although it is untrue.
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 10, 2017
Understaffed terribly, work to many hours, co workers are are not very polite at all. You can request days off but you probably won't get them. Management is very rude.
Too many hats
Not sure (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJuly 14, 2017
How much work can you require of 1 employee? Training not good, turnover very high, and a completely unreasonable workload. I've learned what kind of questions to ask on my next job interview.
Great benefits and pay
Contract Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2017
Really enjoyed working for this company that is a contractual company. My recruiter was great and also the pay was great. Steady income and find you the perfect fit.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
contractual company
good flexibility
FIELD LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
great flexibility. census goes up/down. local administrator not employee friendly. Not dependable or approachable. great coworkers in the field and most ancillary office staff.
Flexible
Certified Nurses Assistant/CBRF (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJune 30, 2017
I love the flexibility of the schedules. Having the privilege to pick your own schedule is perfect when u have a family. you can plan your work schedule around appointments and errands.
Management Downfalls
MANAGER INTAKE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2017
This company could be a great place to work but until they rid themselves of those in management that overlook talent and knowledge to place their friends in positions the floor and employees will stay disgruntled and the turnover rate will continue to be high.
Pros
Free gym in galleria towers
Cons
Management is an epic fail