Guardian Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Excellent agency to work for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJuly 4, 2019
I found this agency to be very professional. Nurses have the opportunity to spend quality time with patients. Administrators and supervisors are very supportive and lead by example.
Great company
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX 77304May 11, 2019
Great company to work for. Only left because I was a field nurse and gas was expensive . Loved going out and seeing patients in the home. Was nice to see the difference i was making
Nice working with client on your own
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAMarch 21, 2019
Employees are over worked often with mandatory overtime. Managers are either really understanding or completely unreasonable. Too much family working for this company, family gets away with too much. Doesn’t care about worker moral, barely cares about consumers.
Pros
Working on your own, some great clients.
Cons
Rarely lunch breaks even with 12 hour day, poor management, low pay.
It is a good starting point
Case Manager, Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 17, 2018
If you've never worked in home health, it is a good place to start. The training is sufficient. They will promise things to you that most definitely you will not receive. And management does not listen to their staff.
Changed with admistration changes
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAAugust 27, 2018
Work comes first personal time second schedule changed on daily basis no consistency of care for clients drive every day almost 100 miles did not pay federal rate for mileage
Pros
All tools needed are provoded
Cons
Drive excessively
Guardian Home Health Care
Visiting Nurse, full time (Former Employee) –  West Bridgewater, MAAugust 18, 2018
Guardian was great to work with. I had an excellent supervisor, pay was reasonable. Flexible schedule allowing me time with my children. Great friendships created with other nurses. Professional supervisors.
Pros
flexible schedule, reasonable pay schedule, health insurance offered
Cons
no raises, no benefits except health insurance, no maternity leave benefits
Enjoyable caring and educationaly work place
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Milford, PAAugust 1, 2018
This job was one of my favorite positions. Everything I needed to know I was trained in and all my questions had always been answered. The staff and people were all very kind and helped me along my way.
Rewarding and Uplifting
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  METAIRIEMarch 12, 2018
Dedicated and friendly staff. Honest and Nice people to work for.The pay was very good. As a per diem employee there was always plenty of work available. They provide very good patient care and are genuinely concerned about their patients.
unorganized company
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Management does not know how to talk to employees. There is not enough orientation and they expect you to know certain things after 3w of training. PPV compensation, no salary offered
Realaxed
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 20, 2017
The job is fairly easy. Management is wonderful they are willing to work with you if you are in school or have another job. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the clients happy and seeing beautiful smiles in their face.
Okay place to work for
RN Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 8, 2017
Great job but lots and lots of documentation concerning medicare type patients. The down fall is that the medicare patients were the ones the company wanted to get and keep but those with private insurance ended up costing the company money.
Management is cool/supportive
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 14, 2017
sometimes you will travel all over seeing patients. work load is oftentimes heavy and not enough nurses. Management is made up of 90% nurses but wont EVER go into the field to help out. The patients are really nice. The pay Is very good as well as the benefits. Owner is uptight and lacks empathy but mother is sweet. overall good place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short staff, sent all over the 757, no help from mgmt when short
Care of the elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saegertown, PANovember 30, 2016
caring for the elderly on a daily basis to ensure that they were getting all of their needs met to maintain their lives at home
Very professional setting
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 8, 2016
I work in the mornings and come in start by greeting co-workers and looking at my assignment I'm going to have for the day. I learned how to multitask and have patience with my patient's. Management was always very professional and very organized. I loved my co-workers because we worked as a team. The hardest thing about this job was when we were short staffed on a job that is very timed consumed. The best part about this job was seeing a smile on your patience face as soon as you come to work from building a relationship and bond with your patient's
Pros
i loved my patient's
Cons
short breaks to no breaks at all
Fekexable hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 20, 2015
Very Good Place to work, staff is great and my clients are very good people. Flexible schedules and the owner is awesome.
Productive and fun workplace with great employees.
Medical Biller/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 23, 2015
Starting a day making some coffee and chit chatting with each other a bit to start up some positive energy for a long day of answering phone calls and updating clinician's charting would be a typical day at work. I learned a lot about what its like to work in a office and what they do behind the scenes of a caregiving company. I learned how to use Kinnser software which is the first medical software I ever used, I learned about how the billing process goes from Dr.'s authorizations, to clinician's chartings, to us, and then to Medicare or private insurers. I learned how to create EOE and RAP and LUPA's. Management was great my supervisor used a very direct hands on approach and trained me until I got the hang of my assignment. She went above and beyond to introduce me to everyone's tasks so that I could get a better understanding of what my position contributes to the company. The hardest part about working learning the very many varieties of procedures there were to do just one task. Furthermost, the job was most enjoyable. My coworkers are very warm and welcoming and are there to help me if I ever need it. They have made my job worth coming to and make every day a motivating.
Pros
Fun employees, free food
Cons
No Health benefits
Excellent Work place
certified Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Taking Care of the patient, feeding them, bathing them, comfort them, Making sure they go to there doctor Appointment.
very respectfull to my co-workers and patients.
Staff care about their clients. Opportunity to work independently.
Field RN (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Home Health was a career change. I have always worked inside a facility and with a team. Though there is still a team approach, the nurse visits the client alone, and she takes her "tools" with her. Being free to map out your own day and to be outside is a plus, even though you have an assignment.
I have learned how little people know about their health and how much they take good health for granted; not caring what they do to themselves before or after they become ill.
The most rewarding part of the job is when you leave the home knowing that you have made a positive impact on that client's life. It does not always happen. There are some nuts that just will not be cracked!
Pros
Good team to work with. Able to talk with management.
Cons
Staff meetings could be better organized, and content streamlined for relevance and by priority
Rewarding experience with patients in their own homes.
Psychiatric Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 23, 2013
I would begin my day calling each of my patients to see how they felt about a visit from me that day. We would speak briefly and then set a time for a visit. The hardest part of the job was leaving a patient you knew was having a hard time and you couldn't fix their issues for them. But what was rewarding was knowing I was helping to give them the coping skills to face or endure what they had going on in their lives.
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
A huge amount of paperwork to be done.