Guardian Industries Employee Reviews in Carleton, MI

Bad managment and owners
CNC operator (Current Employee) –  Carleton, MIJune 19, 2019
Little to no breaks for a 12 hour day, left on the line constantly with no relief.
Poor guidance and management, company will do anything to not give raises. Shifts are forever changing.
Pros
Paid lunch, close to home
Cons
Managers and owners
Disrespectful
Production Operator II (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIMarch 18, 2019
I’ll never work for a company that disrespectful in my life. No time off 84 hour weeks and the management there is very poor. People there are always high and it’s a dangerous environment
This job is for those that need to make more than a 40 hour paycheck.
Packer and Skill position operator (Current Employee) –  Carleton, MIMarch 13, 2019
On the surface the rotating schedule, 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, repeat. Seems pretty good. But then you add in mandatory OT and you seldom ever have a whole weekend off. There is no work / life balance. This job is built for people that cannot live on a 40 hour weekly paycheck. Lots of OT available and good health benefits. Pays the bills but your kids will never see you.
Pros
OT and good health benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance. Petty management. No paid sick days and if you do call off, it is held against you.
If you don't bleed for the company you are not of use to them
QUALITY ASSURANCE / CUTTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIOctober 24, 2018
Total boys club. If you are buddies with upper management, or were in the military, you can do no wrong. Home work life balance is almost non-existent.
Good place to work, but the schedule is terrible.
Regular Employee (Current Employee) –  Carleton, MIOctober 21, 2018
Is good place to work, but the schedule is terrible. The schedule changes every two weeks with mandatory overtime, and the mandatory overtime schedule changes every week. That means you won't have a life but working. No time for school or sometimes you will have to change your doctor appointment.....etc more often.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Schedule is terrible
learned about the glass industry
Production/Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIJune 26, 2018
Worked long hours. weekends and holidays. They frowned on call off for any reason. The people I worked with were great enjoyed learning and growing within the company.
Pros
close to hom
Cons
working holidays
Great history and culture!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIDecember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Guardian and working with the wonderful people there. There was a strong emphasis on Safety and employee engagement. I respected the leadership there and appreciated all of the transparency demonstrated through various site wide communications.
Good Internship Program
Intern (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MISeptember 7, 2017
Was here for a summer. Was a good experience to be exposed to manufacturing and testing environments. Pay is on the lower end. Company culture was relaxed and enjoyed working with my peers
Not what I expected.
D Crew Line 1 & 2 Packer (Current Employee) –  Carleton, MIJuly 3, 2017
I've spent most of my life in customer service of one form or another. This being completely different, I didn't know what to expect. I thought the work / life balance would be better than what it actually is. Shifts run a little over 12 hours but with the constant swings both weekly & monthly, it does make it hard to have a good work life balance. Half the time your really busy, which is good, but the other half is a lot of standing and just waiting, which really makes things drag.
Pros
The benefits they offer
Cons
alot of waiting for work & constant shift swings
Good
Supervisor of Training (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIApril 22, 2017
Training employees and monitoring progress gives a filling of fulfillment. The experience is hard work, but well deserving to see an employees career succeed.
learning expericence
Production/Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIMarch 29, 2017
The work shifts were different, plant open 7/24/365. worked all holidays, worked one month from 6 am to 6 pm and the next from 6 pm to 6 am 12 hour shifts.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
shifts and schedule
More work then life. Good stepping stone job.
Production/supervision (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIOctober 19, 2016
I am a former employee. Guardian is a good place to work for someone starting out in the factory life. You can move up quick as long as you: come in every day on time, do your job, you are safe and have "great" attendance. Bonuses have gone down hill since a few years ago along with safety practices. Be very alert and aware of your "surroundings" because if you get hurt and YOU will, it is always your fault. Management sees it their way always so try and stay safe every day and don't Wind up getting fired for doing "unsafe practices". A huge plus of this company is the people you work with....AWESOME group of people once you get to know them. Keep this job as a stepping stone and don't use this job as a life long career is my advice.
Pros
Work as much as you like but when you get used to it... beware!
Cons
Loooong hours on your feet
Packer (Current Employee) –  Carleton, MIOctober 14, 2015
A typical work day is coming into the plant finding out what kind of glass to pack for the day and pack it until your relieved by the next crew.
Productive & Driven Atmosphere
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carleton, MIOctober 6, 2015
I just completed the upgrade of our current payroll system. Took the payroll from 400 keyed time cards to automated. Current system is now Ceridian.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Back Up Person for myself
What's good about Guardian.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIFebruary 17, 2015
My typical day at work consist of me packing glass away for 12 hours a day. I learned how to package glass and the different shape and sizes of the glass that were being made. Management was good and they really cared about there employees and there health working there. I had really good Co - Workers they thought me a lot there and how to make in the glass business but most of all how to work at a fast pace.
Pros
Breaks, Benefitts, Pay
Cons
Uniforms
Nice place to work but low wages
Facilities & Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Guardian prides it self on never having a lay off. Unfortunately, high turn over due to below average salaries. Have plant all over the world with a strong commitment to safety
was a good oportunity
genral labor (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIMarch 14, 2014
working with this company was a good opportunity for me, it was good the first three years until they changed the management and he stripped all our bonuses and hours, so thats basically why i left that job
The position was execiting, allowed me to apply all my skill-set and my resourceful capabilities; along work in an Awesome diverse environment..
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIFebruary 14, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of being resourceful to executives, managers and customers. I applied all my skill-set capabilities; which varied from day-to-day. I learned the constant evolving innovation of glass and a refresher of working with intelligent and diverse management and co-workers; daily challenged my skills.

My hardest part of the job was wanting to accommodate or fulfill all task given before expected deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about glass and having a totally different perspective about glass. I enjoyed working with my senior executive's, co-workers and clients globally.
Pros
Monthly Group Meetings, Bi-Montly Progress Meeting, Events to Enhance Employee Morale
Co-workers made Guardian a fun place to work. People in managment positions are inept. Very stressful position at times.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MISeptember 10, 2013
The customer account manager position is a great way to learn the world of business. It is a truly all-encompassing job: order entry, inventory management, logistics, forecasting, customer relations.
Pros
culture
Cons
confidence in management
Good paying job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIAugust 6, 2013
Swing shift was the hardest due to being 12 hour days.

Insurance was reasonable.

Offered short and long term disabiltiy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Industries. Our community is ready to answer.