Guardian Industries Employee Reviews in Kingsburg, CA

A Typical work day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAApril 21, 2019
During my years at Guardian, my job experience was great The team work demonstrated by all my fellow workers was that of everyone doing their part to get the job done. The workplace culture was that of respect and courteous. The hardest part of my job was working 16 hour shifts. My most enjoyable part was working with others who were on the same page as me in completing a days work in an effortless manner. Management was always avalable to support workers and assist with questions/issues as needed.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Long hour days
I believe this is a well organized company and some of the best preventive maintenance I have seen
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CADecember 19, 2018
The Maintenance department was well organized
I learned a wealth of knowledge
Management was professional and worked hard
Fast paced
The hardest part was the rotation of shifts and packing glass but I do believe they have resolved that issue of rotating shifts
The camaraderie and learning how to pack glass l remember thinking packing glass was the hardest thing I ever did as I watched people pack with so much speed and precision . As I master the craft of packing techniques I was proud
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible
Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAAugust 19, 2018
They dont care about you
You are easily replaceable
Say they care about safety but dont production comes first
No life
Don't care about family
Of your single and have no life its perfect
Employee safety was their #1 priority
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAAugust 5, 2018
Working in a glass manufacturing plant is incredibly dangerous for most positions. There was a very strong emphasis on always wearing the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) while in the plant. . Company wide rewards (RE; Amusement park trips) were arranged as rewards for meeting annual safety goals. As a maintenance mechanic here you will walk for miles each day. You need to withstand extreme heat and noise levels frequently.
Pros
Great exercise while working
Cons
long days and nights with rotating shifts.
Clean fun environment
Production Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAApril 6, 2018
Amazing process and technology. Management needs work. Not always focused on whats best for the line workers. Extremely hot environment. Need to find a way to cool it down.
Fast Paced Glass Plant
Thin Films/Low-e Coater Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 7, 2017
Guardian is a fast paced glass plant in Kingsburg, CA. It gets very hot working in a warehouse in the middle of the San Joaquin valley. They do not tolerate tardiness and many workers have been there over 20 years.
Pros
Good first Supervisor job
Cons
Hot, low pay
Solid work force
Robotics operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 6, 2017
Guardian industries has been a great workplace. it has showed me the ways of production of products such as glass that is shipped around the world.It is a high paced work environment that takes maximum effort every time you start a shift. You are required to take on much responsibilities as you grow with the company.And is a great learning experience.
lack of training but good paying job and long hours.
full in supervisor / countback (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMay 9, 2017
Real good Benifits but long hours and a lot of overtime. A good place to move around and learn new things but also not so much training. If in need of money and don't mind being gone from home a lot I'll recommend but not a good job for a person with a family.
Pros
nice break rooms and good benifits
Cons
lots of responsibility for the little bit of pay
Forklift,crane opperations,glass operations
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAApril 7, 2017
If your a "hands on"person then this could be the job for you.You will learn to drive a forklift,operate and crane, build mutiple custom boxes and youll learn the process of glass making.
Pros
Overtime every shift, health and dental benifits
Cons
Short breaks, dangerous envionment, 12 hour alternating shifts.
Excellent place to work with stability and good people.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 24, 2016
This company would be ideal to find in Dallas, if you are looking for stability and good people to work with. People were positive and knew what was expected.
Pros
great upper management and co-workers. great insurance and benefits.
Cons
location is usually rural for these facilities.
Good pay and benifits but, if you like hard work this is for you. If you can handle it. Like me
Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CADecember 1, 2015
Just stick to your ground and do your position and you'll be alright. Hard work but, good pay if you can stick it out! I'm just looking for more local travel to work a little more pay and weekends off to be with my family!
Overall an excellent company to work for.
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CA; Galax, VAOctober 15, 2015
All aspects of accounting, auditing, computer security. Great people to work for as well as co-workers and support staff. Worked on projects at international facilities. Very good work/life balance. I especially enjoyed supervising and training staff. Position was autonomous, allowing me to use my experience and skills to manage in more creative ways.
Nice place to work
Receptionist/Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAOctober 8, 2014
Typical day consisted of updating calendars for both anniversaries and birthdays. Answering phones, updating various spreadsheets for Human Resources. Processing invoices for accounts payable, verifying accounts were kept within payment terms.

Pleasant and nice place to work at, friendly co-workers and management. I enjoyed greeting people coming in the front lobby door, whether to apply for a job or a vendor coming in to meet with either management or sales.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No Sick Leave
terrible management and business decisions
Account Manager, Commercial Sales (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMarch 23, 2014
review summary says it all

friendly coworkers and excellent benefits make it bareable
Pros
health benefits 401K
Cons
limited growth opp, no training structure, lack of investment in employees
Good company.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAAugust 28, 2013
Fast pace working environment with a high focus on continuous measurable improvement in all areas of their manufacturing process.
Pros
People are great to work with.
Cons
None.
great leadership. and hands on training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 6, 2012
Hands on training. just looking for something different
Fast environment and it was a new experience
Challenging place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJuly 6, 2012
Rotating shifts were very difficulty to deal with. Made work life balance difficult to achieve.
Pros
learned a lot about managing staff.
Cons
shift work
Productive and fun work place
Glass Cutter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMay 29, 2012
We would get to work at 5 am, relieve the other crew and that's where all the fun started. We would get to talk to each other while doing the job. All the employees would refer to the place (Guardian Industries) as 'easy money.' We would get relieved on our last day of the week to get our usual 3 day weekend.
Pros
paid luches.
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts.
challenging, productive and safety concern workplace with outdoors activivities that includes the family.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg Ca.September 22, 2011
This company is a good working place for those who love chanlleges and career advancement. They will teach you to learned all the aspect and proceedures in production, its a good working environment.
Pros
safety habbits
Cons
lots of hours