Guardian Industries Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

A Typical work day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAApril 21, 2019
During my years at Guardian, my job experience was great The team work demonstrated by all my fellow workers was that of everyone doing their part to get the job done. The workplace culture was that of respect and courteous. The hardest part of my job was working 16 hour shifts. My most enjoyable part was working with others who were on the same page as me in completing a days work in an effortless manner. Management was always avalable to support workers and assist with questions/issues as needed.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Long hour days
Hot. Hot. Hot.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INMay 24, 2017
This factory is hot. I have not been there in over ten years, but it was brutal. The management is very intelligent and acknowledges the employees' thoughts and concerns appropriately.
12 hours was sometimes a long day when its summer outside. the 12 hour rotaing shifts are not the best of hours but you can do it.
glass packer,forklift operator,quality control (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCMarch 13, 2017
Guardian has its pros and cons. the heat in summer was one of the hardest and the favoritism shown to some of the workers by some of the upper hands wasn't good. I did enjoy my work because knowing that I made good quality of product and our customer was happy was worth it all.
Pros
heat, partiality to some workers
Cons
employee health program
Solid Company, Team Oriented
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Fun, fast paced work. Excellent benefits and job training. 12 hour rotating shifts can difficult to adjust to. Safety is highly stressed and peer involvement is encouraged.
Pros
Team camaraderie
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
This company has allowed me to learn different positions.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chester, SCJanuary 21, 2016
Overall the company is good but the swing shifts take getting use to. In the coater, where I'm located they have too much mandatory overtime required and that's hard for me, being a single mother.I work anywhere from 54-72 hours a week.
Pros
They bring fruit every week and benefits are good.
Cons
Overtime
good benefits, descent wages, ok place to work
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson hills, P.A.May 27, 2014
Gaurdian is a descent place to work, good amount of time off, but can be stressful when your there
I really liked the company ,for many different reasons,good place to work.
forklift/area support (Former Employee) –  Millbury,OhioNovember 5, 2012
a typical day I stayed productive, supported many areas ,and was always ready to help my supervisors' with any of their particular needs. what I learned there over my many year was several different facets of the job tempering of glass,laminating,inspection of products,machine operating,material handling/receiving/unloading semi-trucks.Management was always trying to stay focused on production,safety,and then tried to help us make our jobs easier.
my co-worker for the most part were all great to work with,and looked to me at many times for knowledge and support ,which I gladly gave them when I could.
the hardest part of the job,which sometimes was challenging ,was time management ,but I did well, rarely letting anyone down.
the most enjoyable part of the job was putting in a good day of work knowing I did good and getting payed at the end of the week,keeping my co-workers & bosses satisfied.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement/favoritism