Guardian Industries Employee Reviews

Good place to work long hours
Fill-in Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 16, 2018
Good place to work very demanding. Long hours but the people you work with are great. Safety is a very high priority. Must be in good physical condition to perform job duties.
Pros
work only have of the month
Employee safety was their #1 priority
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAAugust 5, 2018
Working in a glass manufacturing plant is incredibly dangerous for most positions. There was a very strong emphasis on always wearing the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) while in the plant. . Company wide rewards (RE; Amusement park trips) were arranged as rewards for meeting annual safety goals. As a maintenance mechanic here you will walk for miles each day. You need to withstand extreme heat and noise levels frequently.
Pros
Great exercise while working
Cons
long days and nights with rotating shifts.
Very safe and friendly workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 5, 2018
Absolutely enjoyed working in the not only safest but most friendly atmosphere. Guardian Industries is a place of the most highest stature in my personal opinion...!
Benefits
Great!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHAugust 2, 2018
It's a great company to work for with solid management and they look to promote from within. They are serious about having a safe work environment and they have some perks like bringing in ice cream machines for free in the summer.
Just a stepping stone job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  De Witt, IAAugust 1, 2018
Rotating 12 hour shifts 6am to 6pm one week than 6pm to 6am the next week. Hours will mess with your sleep. Job was not hard to do but yet hard to stay motivated with better options out there. I recently had a meeting with HR asking why people are leaving the company. I told them two things. 1 because of the working hours and 2 the pay. I was told than that they are competitive for the area. Nothing around but a gas staion and minimum wage jobs. I told her Guardian will be competitive when their pay matches up with other places like 3M, Nesle Purina, Arconic, Lyondellbassell. These are the same companies members are leaving Guardian for and you are starting at 20 plus for most of them.
Pros
Free lunch ocassionally
Cons
Don't want to pay you like some of the other top companies do.
I transferred from Guardian to the Palace in 1994, so I do not know anything about their current environment.
Associate General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 6, 2018
When I was at Guardian from 1987-1994 (when I transferred to the Palace) it was a great place to work. They are now under different ownership/management so I no nothing about their current environment.
Pros
Free auto glass replacements and Piston basketball tickets
Cons
At the time females experienced problems with certain male employees
Guardian
Operator (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TxJuly 2, 2018
Always overtime. They like to have skeleton crews. The pay is very consistent with other companies in the area. You can work up to 72 hours a week, so if you want to make a lot of money you can working at Guardian
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Mandatory Overtiem
learned about the glass industry
Production/Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIJune 26, 2018
Worked long hours. weekends and holidays. They frowned on call off for any reason. The people I worked with were great enjoyed learning and growing within the company.
Pros
close to hom
Cons
working holidays
packer/box maker/forklift driver
Packer (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCJune 14, 2018
pack glass off the assembly line, as a forklift driver I had to get the packing list it lets you know what glass that the line is running so that I can set out the boxes that the glass go into.
Enjoyable work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed my co-workers and the time that I spent there. Hard work is required and I did not mind the work. I learned a lot during my time there. They took their time to teach me what i needed to know.
current job
Packer, Tagger, Machine operator, QC (Current Employee) –  Richburg, SCMay 24, 2018
ive been there for almost 3 years, one of the best jobs ive ever had in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would most likely recommend this job
Bad management
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 16, 2018
I love the job that I do I'm just worn out on the rotating shift and management isn't wat it use to be it's like they forgot about the workers it's like its them against us
They sold the company to Safelite Auto Glass
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 4, 2018
It was a great company to work with but it got gobbled up by Safelite Auto Glass. I prefer to work for a smaller company than a giant corporation. It was a great company while I was there.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Sold to a Large Company
very tiring
Production Worker in the Coater (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 29, 2018
Working at Guardian was nice. the hours were very long 12 hour swing shifts and was on a rotation from 7am to 7pm and then the next month that would change
Leadership has recently changed creating a negative environment
Environmental Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 20, 2018
Recent change in leadership has resulted in stressful environment for the EH&S department. Priorities are not consistent or communicated clearly. Feedback is focused on the negative.
Clean fun environment
Production Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAApril 6, 2018
Amazing process and technology. Management needs work. Not always focused on whats best for the line workers. Extremely hot environment. Need to find a way to cool it down.
Profitable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, IAApril 5, 2018
Guardian is a solely owned subsidiary of KOCH and the Guiding Principals are: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect and Fulfillment.
Pros
Talented People
Cons
Environment
Management doesn’t care about you personally
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHMarch 21, 2018
Horrible leadership. Supervisor sexually harassed female employees. If a supervisor like a specific female employee and seen her talking with another male employee. That male employee would be eventually fired. They put production above anything else. They only take care of the salary employee. Work got slow so the hourly employees went to a 32hr work week for four months. But the salary never took a pay cut or hour per work week change. But when businesse was good the salary employee could take your overtime. Horrible place to work. Do not recommend for anyone
Pros
They are always hiring because they can’t keep anyone
Cons
Management horrible
Productive fun place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYMarch 16, 2018
Great place to work. Celebrate victories and like to get everyone involved. Very competitive pay. Lots of opportunity if willing to put in the time and hard work.
Pros
Lots of planning
Cons
Fast paced, rotating 12 hour shifts
Excellent Organization in Customer Service and Staff Satisfaction
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2018
Work days were both administrative and staff interactive. I learned many things relating to manufacturing needs in HR. Management at Guardian were closely tied to superiors offsite. Local culture was very good. They functioned as a team and were recognized and rewarded by Corporate programs. Excellent benefits package. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with changes in the industry and the most enjoyable was the interaction with Plant employees.
Pros
Strong company with good HR programs and attention to staff needs.
Cons
Local management changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Industries. Our community is ready to answer.