Guardian Life

Guardian Life Employee Reviews

United States570 reviews

insurancecafeteriaclaimlifebenefitbalancetechnologyculture

Work Environment

Learned a lot about financial plan under cooperation with co-workers. Hardest part is the difficulty to induce client to set up their financial plan as the bad economic situation. .

Great place to work, excellent benefits

Great place to work, 100% remote, great benefits. Generous PTO. Employee recognition. Offices are very well located en NYC, PA and MA.Free lunches once a week, breakfast everyday if you decide to work in person.

Pros

Great Health insurance and generous PTO

Guardian Life insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Guardian is a great place to work. Projects were interesting and the people are awesome to work with. They provide good benefits and support. Also have excellent opportunities for continuing development

Quick Burnout, No Flexibility, High Turnover Rate!!

This employer promotes flexibility and all of these other perks but IT IS NOT TRUE! Yes, you get PTO on day one but it is frowned upon if you have to use (even for emergencies). Flexibility is a big lie. They send you all of these monitors to work on but catch is you need all the monitors plus your laptop to do your job. Which means you can’t just take your laptop with you out on the porch and get fresh air while you work, you have to stay connected to all monitors to do your job. So if you’re thinking about being mobile with this job, think again. I was only employed here for three months and the burnout set in QUICKLY! The 6 week training was a waste of time because it does not prepare you for the actual work you’re doing. So once training is over you’re expected to perform at full capacity. There is no support from management. They only want you to process claim after claim like a robot. You only hear from management when you’re wrong, never when you’re doing good as a new hire. They want you to take your time and get things done right but if you take too long you’re accused of “riding the clock”. Please beware of Guardian Life!! I thought this would be an awesome work from home opportunity but I had more flexibility, training and support working in office at my previous jobs. I hate I waisted my time with this company. Not to mention they hired about 16 of us at one time. Red flag….high turnover rate. I also asked around to the other new hires about their feelings about the company thus far (we all started at the same time and went through training at the same time) and -

Do not work here

You will not be appreciated as an employee. The training department can use a lot of improvement. The training was rushed and as an employee we were not trained well. They rush the entire training process. There is no work life balance. If you are sick and have doctors appointments they will not care. Management shows a lot of favoritism and could be unprofessional at times.

Pros

Good pay, benefits

Cons

Bad Management, No work life balance

Great place to work for people with families

Guardian is a great place to work. The leadership really cares about the individual workers and it’s like a family. The company is agile and not afraid to change of something doesn’t benefit the customers.

Pros

Remote availability, flexible schedules, great for families

Cons

Expensive healthcare

Really a difficult place to work right now

The current culture is horrible. Employees are not appreciated. Turnover is extremely high. Leadership does not listen to or respect staff. Employee shortages, outdated technology, and short sighted leadership are all creating issues. Constantly sending jobs to India only creates more problems and nothing is being processed correctly. Leadership would rather higher from outside the company than developing and promoting internal. Sales goals are unobtainable.

Pros

Great environment for LGBTQ

Cons

Outdated Technology, no advancement, no development, poor training.

Steady internship

Wish there was more interaction with other departments, or ad hoc projects. Work was mundane and constant. Which is good for money but bad for morale.

Ok

It was an ok place to work. It felt the company places most of its emphasis on other locations within the company versus the sites that actually interact with the customers. They say the right things about accepting people but really just want to check the box about people for minority backgrounds

Pros

Remote work, team

Cons

Elitist mentality from certain leaders

Guardian is a great company to work with.

Guardian is a great company to work with from top to bottom. Managers are there available when the Brokers need them. Guardian managers support you when you need them.

Workplace environment is healthy

Work life balance exists here. Guardian cares about your life and you as a person. The work load can be a little heavy depending on your position. As a claims solution owner there are a lot of responsibilities.

Great company

I have been here for a few years and really enjoy the company . I have had a great manager during my time with this company. The benefits for medical and pto have been good.

Pros

Great benefits

Great team/training/management

I loved working there, I had a medical issue that prevented my continued service. I loved the amount of training and quality of training. However, when we were sent to work on our own- we were left to our own devices to figure things out. Higher ups were often unavailable when clients needed answers.

Pros

Great community

Cons

Short breaks

Grew too fast

The organization grew too fast and most business processes are temporary fixes creating problems for the font line staff. Everything is a workaround and there is no support from leadership.

It's not the best...

Guardian used to be a really great place to work. Back in the days management seemed to care about the people. Over the last 2 and half a years things have changed drastically. Management is horrible. They are micromanagey and expect you to work like a slave to get the job done no matter what. They promote managers who have no knowledge of what they are doing and who don't have great people skills. Talking to HR is like talking to the wall. They just don't care.

Culture has really changed

I’ve been at Guardian for 8 years. When I first started they really cared about their employees and worked to foster a culture of growth/development. In the last 2 years, that has all changed. They expect 1 person to do the work of 2, provide 0 support, and expect you to work into the night to complete everything.

Pros

Pay, benefits, maternity leave

Cons

Work/life balance, overworked, no support from management

The people were great to work with but management expected work into the night hours on a regular basis.

Great people, great tools, management needs to be improved. The pace of work was very hectic which is weird considering the industry is very stable. The management liked to make artificial deadlines and push people to meet them.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Texts for work questions in the evening hours

pros: pay / benefits from day 1

pros: pay , benefits from day 1 cons: short breaks , not a lot of support , management is elusive , workload is overwhelmingwould not recommend

Pros

pros: pay / benefits from day 1

Cons

short breaks, not a lot of support, management is elusive, workload is overwhelming, training is inconsistent

Great place for a masochist, everyone else should stay away

I worked for Guardian hour 14 years. The first seven were great. The next three were alright. The last four were horrible.Sad, but this company is leaning so hard into it’s 150+year record of success that it’s completely losing sight of the cliff coming up. The rates were never competitive, but the outstanding customer service helped set Guardian apart. Now it’s not even fair to call how they treat customers service at all! It’s to the point where agents and brokers are pulling business as they don’t want to be associated with the train wreck Guardian has become.As far as the work itself, you will get roughly average pay and benefits, but no sense of purpose and continually set up for failure. If you have no pride or motivation, Guardian would be a good gig. Otherwise you are better off unemployed than suffering the abuse you will be subjected to day in and out.

Pros

You are not under contract and have the right to quit

Cons

If you care at all about your self esteem and mental health, you likely won’t be a great fit at Guardian

Don't care about ees

Once claim processing when overseas to India the job environment changed and people came last.

Very Flexible, lot of opportunities

Lots of PTO from day 1. Very good benefits. Management seems eager to help everyone succeed. Some departments are more challenging than others. Customer call center and account implementation departments have a black out period during busy season. Metrics are very detailed and meeting/exceeding them does not guarantee a raise.

Pros

flexible schedule, good benefits, opportunities within the company

Cons

lower pay rates than competitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss