Guardian Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Employer Review
Senior Consultant, Life Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
This company is very supportive and has decent hours. My colleagues were very supportive and gave me opportunities to develop and grow. I also got a lot of autonomy and was able to do work that made a difference.
Great organization and team environment
Financial Services - Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
I learned alot about the insurance business, planning, mentorship and planning your day and business activities. Having focused days on which to have strictly client appointments were good.
Pros
Client education
Cons
overhead expenses
Fun group of people
Kelly Temp Service (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 2, 2018
Management needed to change that is for sure. Treat others as you want to e treated. Not like a 5 year old. Need to learn how to train and get things straight
Interative and productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, JAJuly 30, 2018
Working at Guardian Life Limited daily is interactive fun and productive. There is daily interactions with clients face to face or via phone. which offers the opportunity to help solve problems, process claims or offer alternative insurance/investment plan that meet client's needs.
Pros
Free lunch, paid vacations
Cons
Slow recruitment
good spot to work
West Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 26, 2018
Jim Lake was my manager and made the job fun. If it wasn't for layoff I would still be there.Learned a lot about territory management and made good money for the age I was at. I was promoted from the desk to the field in 4 years which is pretty quick too.
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my interaction with our customers, on the phone. I talked with customers from all over the world. The hardest part of my job some times, was getting my thoughts across to an insured, who has little or no knowledge of our products and services. The most enjoyable part of my job, was explaining insurance in a way that my caller could understand. I could hear it in their voice when they became a satisfied customer.
Pros
fantastic wages and benefits
Cons
always working short handed
productive and quiet work environment
Dental claims reviewer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 22, 2018
I worked at Guardian Life as a contract temporary employee. I was promised 20 hours per week but was given 40 which was nice. I was able to afford my own apartment and car and other living expenses.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
gossip
Great people and Great culture
Financial Representative/Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
Great company and great culture. The compensation is best in the industry and training and produces are second to none. The company does right by their employees time and time again.
std and ltd claims
Short Term, Long Term, and State claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 30, 2018
Analyzed and tested the accuracy of reports created to ensure high quality information is provided
Documented processes, conducted training and provided technical support to database users
Collaborated with various departments to develop and support data reporting needs
Investigated insurance claims, detecting coding errors, and verifying medical coverage
Resolved problems and responded to inquiries regarding rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and department services.
Pros
pto
Cons
micro managed
Regular work
Junior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 28, 2018
Nice and professional environment. I've been working from 6 months as a contract. I really like the office culture and the people. I got a big exposure to improve my skills and network.
Stayed with Guardian for 6 years
Dental Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 27, 2018
I became part of quite a workplace community at Guardian. We had a step-a-thon for which I was the captain of a team. Our team did quite well. I made some lasting friends there. The work was difficult, but fair. I felt as though I made an impact there.
Pros
Step-a-thon
Cons
Work from home discouraged
It's fine
Director - Compensation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
It's fine. It's a Life Insurance company. There is nothing new happening. Technology is old. Products are old. This is a "come in, do some work, go home" environment.
Pros
9-5 job
Cons
Nothing creative going on
No direction
Budget Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 11, 2018
No direction - No direction at this place. There is no sense of direction in this work place. Most of the information is kept behind doors and employees are advice as a last minute updates.
Don't look for advancement unless you know someone
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2018
As a company, Guardian was decent to work for, but they have been through FIVE Chief Human Resource Officers in 5 years if that tells you anything....
Pros
Work from Home policy
Cons
Low salary, lack of advancement, no recognition
Not the company you want to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
Constantly changing, too many VPs fighting for power and control. Elimination of middle- management. The company wants to operate the cheapest way possible by moving all IT and process relates operations to India. Not enough career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work from home - 2-3 times per week
Cons
Lack of management
Excellent company, divisive employees.
Procurement Analyst/ AP Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
As a company they are excellent, yet in many of their divisions or department, there is a divide. Many teams work or compete against each other. At times this can even be found between the department members themselves. Many have clicks between the departments' individuals. These individuals many times are not receptive to new ideas or new individuals. This issue of not inclusiveness is something that upper management should work on since they are missing from talented individuals that could increase the profits of the company.
Pros
Healthcare and wages
Cons
Departmental clicks.
Okay - but has more than its share of probelms
Regional Enrollment Leader, Voluntary Benefits (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Old school insurance company that is trying to keep up with the times. They are making advances in technology, but their systems don't work well together and there is a culture of each office doing its own thing. They also tend to hire people for a short term and then lay them off after a couple of years.
Claims Adjuster / Sales Associate
Claims Adjuster / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 22, 2018
Processed Medical Claims then moved onto Sales which involved creating proposals for small group business. Learning rate reductions for a better sale through combination product sales.
Pros
Fast paced and fun environment.
Cons
Pay
Great Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2018
Guardian Life is a great company to work for. The company has a great support system. You have a web page called Guardiananytime.com the company has great customer service for agents.
Pros
great customer service
Cons
General Manager, no room to promote good people, closed club in the GM offices.
productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 20, 2018
temporary position but it was a great learning experience that advanced my job skills and i would definitely recommend anyone wanting to advance there skills or to learn new ones apply here its a great atmosphere and team environment atmosphere
Pros
cafeteria located to buy lunch
Cons
loud and noisy if you cannot concentrate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.