Guardian Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It's fine
Director - Compensation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
It's fine. It's a Life Insurance company. There is nothing new happening. Technology is old. Products are old. This is a "come in, do some work, go home" environment.
Pros
9-5 job
Cons
Nothing creative going on
No direction
Budget Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 11, 2018
No direction - No direction at this place. There is no sense of direction in this work place. Most of the information is kept behind doors and employees are advice as a last minute updates.
Don't look for advancement unless you know someone
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2018
As a company, Guardian was decent to work for, but they have been through FIVE Chief Human Resource Officers in 5 years if that tells you anything....
Pros
Work from Home policy
Cons
Low salary, lack of advancement, no recognition
Not the company you want to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
Constantly changing, too many VPs fighting for power and control. Elimination of middle- management. The company wants to operate the cheapest way possible by moving all IT and process relates operations to India. Not enough career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work from home - 2-3 times per week
Cons
Lack of management
Excellent company, divisive employees.
Procurement Analyst/ AP Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
As a company they are excellent, yet in many of their divisions or department, there is a divide. Many teams work or compete against each other. At times this can even be found between the department members themselves. Many have clicks between the departments' individuals. These individuals many times are not receptive to new ideas or new individuals. This issue of not inclusiveness is something that upper management should work on since they are missing from talented individuals that could increase the profits of the company.
Pros
Healthcare and wages
Cons
Departmental clicks.
Okay - but has more than its share of probelms
Regional Enrollment Leader, Voluntary Benefits (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Old school insurance company that is trying to keep up with the times. They are making advances in technology, but their systems don't work well together and there is a culture of each office doing its own thing. They also tend to hire people for a short term and then lay them off after a couple of years.
Claims Adjuster / Sales Associate
Claims Adjuster / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 22, 2018
Processed Medical Claims then moved onto Sales which involved creating proposals for small group business. Learning rate reductions for a better sale through combination product sales.
Pros
Fast paced and fun environment.
Cons
Pay
Great Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2018
Guardian Life is a great company to work for. The company has a great support system. You have a web page called Guardiananytime.com the company has great customer service for agents.
Pros
great customer service
Cons
General Manager, no room to promote good people, closed club in the GM offices.
productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 20, 2018
temporary position but it was a great learning experience that advanced my job skills and i would definitely recommend anyone wanting to advance there skills or to learn new ones apply here its a great atmosphere and team environment atmosphere
Pros
cafeteria located to buy lunch
Cons
loud and noisy if you cannot concentrate
Great employee starter job
Customer Service Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 15, 2018
Company's position training is best in field. Very customer focus. Opportunity for unlimited overtime. Management dispositions vary within department's.
Pros
Training, benefits, helpful co-workers, overtime and pay for performance bonuses.
Cons
Low wages for industry standard
Does not have career advancement opportunities
N/A (Current Employee) –  NYMay 15, 2018
They have a lot of training classes, big on training their employees. Lacking in the area of developing talent and keeping them. This company does not give you raises after you have worked there for a few years. A very small few employees get promoted.
A great office life experience
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMay 14, 2018
My job was temporary for the summer but I loved it. I worked a lot of hours, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. My coworkers were so lovely and my manager was great at communication. I was able to go on vacation very easily. I just wish they didn't cut my department.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria food.
Great company with outstanding product
Manager of New Business Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 11, 2018
The product is great but management is not in tune with it's workers. Been here 11 years and never received a performance review or raise. Management keeps adding work expecting more.
I prefer not to
Financial Services Rep/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 8, 2018
I prefer not to comment or review any aspects of my time at the Hudson Financial Group and office of Guardian Life at this time
I will be happy to discuss when presented with a opportunity
Good Place to work
Senior IT Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
OK place to work, given the opportunity to succeed and build on integrity and experience. Guardian provides a platform for growth and future growth. Support educational growth and a fun place to work.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Less diversity in the managerial realm
Medical Benefits Analysts (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem View, PAMay 8, 2018
Productivity is the #1 thing in this company, high number of phone calls are required to be answered. supervisors do not like to help with questions. Good benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
presure
Productive and a fun but serious place to work
New York Accountant-Analyst-Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
A typical day at the Guardian was one of a to due list, where as you will work on, and complete your projects.It was time based and on a monthly calendar.At the end of month you had to post the journal entries on time to close the month .You were able to complete a lot of your work when things were busy at home over the weekend.with a little overtime .My group was so engaging an offered any all instruction on how to perform your best. I never felt alone with any tasks.

I learned about the Insurance industries and how it works.The hardest part was leaving a project without completing it.The most enjoyable about the job was how my Supervisor held most of the informative meetings around coworkers birthdays so that is was a celebration as well information about a new task.
Pros
Salaries and Benefits
Cons
Nice small office in Corporate Woods.
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 6, 2018
In the I would meet with sales representative to discuss what I was working on as well as, where he needed my support. Great communication and managed my time without Manager on site.
Routine and Stable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 3, 2018
Was a fine company to work for - the call center environment just wasn't for me but is good if looking for stable hours and a routine everyday - also the cafe was pretty good and subsidized!
Delightful people who really care!
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 30, 2018
I recommend this company to anyone looking for a culture that nurtures its people, cares about them, and is also serious about delivering the goods.

Well-committed to the use of Business Analysts, Product Owners, and Program Management.
Pros
Excellent management attitude - family always comes first

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.