Guardian Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Terrible Place
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Management prioritizes their "friends" over people who get work done. Other employees will take credit for someone else's work (even when there is evidence proving otherwise) and HR will ignore these issues. The HR department lives up to every bad stereotype you can imagine. I say stay away if at all possible.
Pros
Lots of insurance benefits
Cons
A culture of nasty, lazy people who don't value hard work
Great Company
Executive Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 16, 2018
Great Company to work for with great benefits along with the pay being some what fair in the market area. just do your job and you will be fine with nothing to worry about.
Overworked, Underpaid, and No room for advancement
Intake Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 16, 2018
Hired through allied, Guardian was too concerned about their bottom line to be bothered with worrying about whether they retained quality workers. They'd rather hire in india. Mandatory overtime crept over 15 hours at some points.
Great Company
Senior Coordinator / Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Guardian is a great company who care for those less fortunate. They provided employee with tons of volunteer programs to help those less fortunate. The also provided funds to the many hurricanes that hit many islands and also Texas.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Not your average 9am to 5pm job
Conservation
Regulation 60 Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Typical day at work is very quiet and laid back.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility.
Strong Leadership, reputable firm
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2018
Great respect for my direct supervisor. Although not many opportunities available for training or career advancement in the administrative role. Culture clash with more tenured staff.
Pros
Work autonomy, nice location, competitive salary
Cons
Culture among staff undesirable
Fun and Interactive Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 3, 2018
I was an intern for the summer and I had a great experience with Guardian. All of the management team was really excited to have us and very welcoming. They made sure we felt comfortable and included us in all major events and were really eager to teach us about their role at the company.
Excellent place to work with great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 3, 2018
Usually each day was a busy day with several calls or claims processing, which made the time go by quickly. Learning all the medical terminology along with disability made my job very interesting.
Benefits
Cons
Negativity from other employees.
Fast paced place to work
Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Stressful at times fast paced place to work as with any place its the position and your ability to make the position work for you. there are good and bad with any company.
Worst place I ever worked at
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Would avoid at all cost no real focus, management did not set up any objectives on projects, unreasonable timelines that had no particular goal. However the people who worked there were nice
Great Benefits
Customer Response Unit (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 5, 2018
The benefit package that Guardian offers is very good. Vacation and sick time vs accrued PTO is a great benefit. There is a great onsite cafeteria and always an on duty security guard.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Hours - working until 7pm
The Guardian Life Insurance Company was a very stressful place to work.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2018
The Guardian Life Insurance Company was a very stressful place to work. I was working 2 positions at the same time, but was not allowed to work any more than 8 hours a day. I was told that if I came in 15 minutes early one more time, I'd be written up. I was not allowed to be at my desk any earlier than 5 minutes before the start of my shift.
Pros
Interesting job. I learned alot about life insurance
Cons
Too much work for the allowed amount of time to do it in.
Great Communication
Manager, Facilities (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Guardian's ability to keep employees informed and aware of additions to the organization are amazing. Wonderful communication platforms and points of contact
Great Company overall
Major Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 27, 2018
Guardian Life is a solid company with good bennefits, a competative salary structure, and a great working environment. Co-workers are friendly, kind, welcoming, and always willing to help.
Pros
Great working environment, and people
Good place to work for
Executive Assistant to CFO & CIO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
I love my manager, he was awesome. Our team was awesome. We all worked well together. work culture was great. I started out as a Temporary employee and was brought on full time.
Pros
Great cafetria
Not for young people
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 22, 2018
Guardian did a great job recruiting me but sold me a job that wasn't true. May be a good way to make money if you are an experienced adviser but as an entry level job it is nearly impossible. They will not tell you this in the interview but the sole purpose of the role is to sell whole life policies.
New dept - always in flux at the time
Senior Business Analyst - Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 20, 2018
Would have been better if the employee did not get 'dinged' for using the define as you go process. Perceived mandated networking was not to my liking either
Pros
Define as you go
Cons
penalized for it
Challenging
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2018
Full commission. Own your own business. Great training. Great company to work for. Put a good deal of money back into the community. Mentorship program was ok. It is what you make of it.
Work hard.
Employer Review
Senior Consultant, Life Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
This company is very supportive and has decent hours. My colleagues were very supportive and gave me opportunities to develop and grow. I also got a lot of autonomy and was able to do work that made a difference.
Great organization and team environment
Financial Services - Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
I learned alot about the insurance business, planning, mentorship and planning your day and business activities. Having focused days on which to have strictly client appointments were good.
Pros
Client education
Cons
overhead expenses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.