Guardian Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Pink Hill NCApril 20, 2018
I've never worked anywhere that is so unorganized and unprofessional. The type of management I've had at prior jobs would flip out over this place. They do not care for their employees at all. It's all about work work work. Hurry up and get it done. You can not plan a life outside of the pharmacy. We never know what time we get off and always get overtime. It's absolutely ridiculous!! Only way to advance is to brown nose the right group!
Pros
Finally get to clock out at the end of the day
Cons
Everything and too many bosses
Just terrible
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 16, 2018
Unstable management, you never know what you are walking in to or what you will be blamed for. I left another job to work for them and was fired after 30 days for completely fabricated reasons. They will tell you to not believe the rumors, but you really should! Over all just terrible company to work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Completely not worth it
no overtime at all
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 8, 2018
i always saw that their employees would come in and work 1/2 hour before their shift started while not on the clock. me being a new hire thought that was very odd. because i can not work for FREE. but the employees there are very nice and welcoming there was always some type of work function to get to know each other out side of work
Pros
the employees
Cons
NO overtime at all
poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 12, 2018
very poor management and terrible co workers. A handful of the women that work there are just mean and unprofessional. The only good thing about this place is the hourly pay and somewhat decent schedule. However, if you have responsibilities outside of work, like a family, they aren't accommodating.
Some were nice others nice/nasty
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleMarch 9, 2018
This location had perspective people. The supervisor in Data Entry did not train in a reasonable timeframe but expected you to excel and be productive. Very cut throat and lots of favoritism. Certain employees were allowed to get away with things that was enforced with other employees. I would not recommend this position to my worst enemy. Extremely high volume and very stressful but they expect you to do the impossible. You have been warned.....
Pros
Free lunch and pot lucks
Cons
Stressful and unequal opportunities
A productive and fulfilling job.
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 7, 2018
My typical day began at 8 p.m. and I would work 7-8 hours per day with occasional overtime.

I enjoyed my coworkers, and enjoyed interacting with the nurses and other medical personnel at each of my stops.

The hardest part of the job was driving in inclement weather, including fog and heavy rain.
Stressful environment at times
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 6, 2018
A typical day at work is filling prescription meds for long term car facilities. I have learned about billing and medical records since i have been employed. The hardest part about the job is the management not being trained properly.
Kinda like working in a prison camp.
Fullfilment technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 3, 2018
Poorly managed. Tell you that they have a position that they want to put you in, but it never happens. Told me that they couldn't start me at the salary I requested, but did say that it wouldn't take long for me to get to where I needed. Never happened. I worked my tail off there with very little satisfaction. It was a different pharmacy when I started. Then they merged with Guardian. Things went downhill from there. Always worked short-staffed. Can't keep input techs. Supposed to have six and there were only two for a long while. There's a certain pharmacist that works there that has the most horrible mouth I've ever heard. Yet, the owner never dealt with the issue. Sad really. Could be a great place to work if it were managed well.
Pros
Pays decent.
Cons
Poorly managed. Hostile work environment. Back stabbers.
Absolutely horrible place to work
Fulfillment Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2018
This is by far the worst job I've ever had, the management lies to employees, supervisors talk about other employees behind their backs, they act childish, they are rude, unprofessional, disrespectful, there's no room for advancement, the benefits suck
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks, bad insurance plans, extremely poor management
Great work enviornment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2018
It's a great place to work we are all like family there because the people that work there end up staying there for a long period. The President of the company is a great person to work for and if I ever left I would have a hard time finding someone like him to work for again.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work. Management is messy though. Coworkers are awesome. Feels like family away from home. Would be nice if they could start the tech's with a higher salary.
Pros
Food, great coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Was working there
Collections (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2018
The trainer was great! I really liked it but someone in the company told lies and got me fired. Horrible place I've been in the field for 14 years and never been treated so unfairly.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
A great place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 9, 2018
a very different work environment focusing on serving long term care and assisted living facility residents, I learned a lot from working here with everyone.
No room for advancement; favoritism is huge here
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 1, 2018
The job was not the problem. It was the people who work (or not work). There's no room for advancement. The hardest part of this job is if you're not part of a circle, you're pretty much it. Learn to finish everything cause nobody is going to help you. Lots of favoritism. Do not expect anything from management because they recognize the same people all the time even though they didn't work all too much. Some ride the clock and find other things to do that's not even important. Too laid back, no accountability. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home for the day.
Pros
Great place for pharmacy tech student to learn about pharmacy
Cons
No accountability, no room for advancement, favoritism
Not Good
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 19, 2017
No communication at all....the pay sucks big time, the drivers get pay very low.

Supervisor is very un-professional. You are not treat very fairly at all..just not good paying job at all.

If you are retired and want a part time job this would be perfect for you.
Pros
when going on route in car you are alone.
Cons
not organized

Comment – February 15, 2018

Office manager has no communication at all and, dont appreciate any of work that the employees do.not .

horrible
Fulfillment Technician (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCNovember 3, 2017
Guardian was a fine place to work at first. I was new to the pharmacy world and was sold a dream of them being a family workplace. After working, shortly, I began to notice how dysfunctional the job was. Management has favorites as supervisors and in hiring. The favorites down-talk employees that aren't in their cliques, and treat them very nasty. There is no repercussions for the managers in their wrong-doings. Family members are hired repetitively and hold priority on the floor, and when situations arise. Overall there is no job security unless you are willing to be a catty, mean, callous person to others and to suck up to managers.
Pros
long lunches, bonus
Cons
workplace enviornment as a whole
Work Life Balance & Company Culture Needs Work
Decline to Reveal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2017
I worked at Guardian (corporate office) for 4 years and as any company there are the highs and the lows. There is a very poor work-life balance and some of the expectations are unreasonable. They did not allow anyone to work from home and they made you feel like you were doing something wrong when you requested vacation time. Sometimes they even expected people to work while out on vacation. I saw management teams break and build; but the constant themes were a lack of diversity, cut throat mentality and unprofessional behavior at times. Those with titles looked down on others in lower level positions and often made disparaging remarks about them. There is absolutely no room for growth but I will say this is sometimes mentioned in interviews. It was a very uncomfortable environment to work in.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Expensive Healthcare Premiums, Lack of Diversity, Poor Work-Life Balance, Unprofessional Management Team
Response to Former Employee
Senior Managment Team (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MESeptember 29, 2017
To the former employee that posted "This place is a cluster" on January 24, 2017,

The management team at Waltz (Guardian Pharmacy Brunswick) is sorry that you feel that way.

We have gone through many changes and management reorganization in the last year. We continue to prioritize developing our teams & our culture. We wish you the best of luck in the future.
Relaxed environment and great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, great place to work. Some days can be long hours but the M-F schedule is ideal and provides a great balance for my home work life.
Not good at all.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, OKAugust 29, 2017
The boss was a jerk. He treated me very poorly. I would never recommend this place to anyone. They were very rude and always threatening your job. Not a good place to be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.