Guardian Protection Services Employee Reviews

Managment didnt make it a diverse work enviorment
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
Door knock, Set appt's provide on the spot presentations from 9am to 12pm then 3:30pm to 9:30pm.
I learned hard labor work long hours heat cold raining doesn't matter. we had to work.
10% of leads come from company 90% comes from employee thru business relations, referrals door to door.
The best job ever had
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJuly 7, 2018
IF you are looking for a great place to work and this company is hiring in your city, please APPLY. All the departments and team members that I ever had to deal with were always very helpful, and understanding, they made me feel like we were on the same team always. Management, Tech Support, Human Resources, Training, The Data department, and I could go on and on. Only because I am not willing to relocate why I am not continuing with GUARDIAN PROTECTION SERVICE.
Pros
Working at Guardian is like working with co-operating family members who really care
Good company
Data Processing / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 27, 2018
Friendly environment, good teamwork between departments. Positive management who wanted their employees to succeed and advance. Would have stayed with the company had it not relocated my office from VA to PA.
Typical Call Center Environment. Major disconnect with Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJune 19, 2018
Changes being handed down from upper management are not communicated to staff in a timely manner. Extremely high turnover rate due to increasing job responsibility and stagnant pay. Constantly changing policies and procedures.
Pros
Cheap Cafeteria.
Good Work place
Installer (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJune 3, 2018
Good workplace, wish the pay was higher. For being able to do the whole job from start "pulling wire" to finish "testing the devices" I feel the pay is a little low.
Success doesn't not breed stability
n/a (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMay 10, 2018
Overall a good organization. Unfortunately, the most successful department in the organization was let go (25 people) likely because they were being paid too much.
Deceitful upper management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMay 5, 2018
Flat out lied to employees, sexually harassed females. Clearly trying to dump higher compensated employees such as those being paid above minimum wage with multiple weeks of vacation & sick days. Many people dumped in the past few years, appears to be a failing company in an industry that’s in trouble due to high tech retail products with cameras and cellphone apps. Stay away if you’re looking for a stable, secure career in a friendly environment.
Pros
Got a deal on my security system.
Cons
Executives with a cutthroat ethic
Family owened company with great culture
Contract Controller and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2018
Guardian Protection (former Ranger American) was a great company to work for, two days were never alike, always challenges that keeps you in your toes, great opportunities to learn more of the business and have more interaction with other departments.
Ranger American impacted many customer lives and made it fun to work there.
Run
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 22, 2018
Commission with some leads provided but lots of prospecting and subject to change. Company going downhill after change in management. A lot of gossiping and favortism.
Pros
no sundays
Lots to do and it kept me busy
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
I was responsible for entire warehouse that included all ordering, receiving, stocking, and relieving inventory. Also did quarterly inventories in warehouse and assisted with van inventories with the drivers/technicians. Had yearly inventories and monthly cycle counts to perform as well as the general paperwork associated with it.
Pros
Always had something that needed to be done.
Cons
Doing the work folders for different job categories
Fun workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2018
Great company. Fun work place. Everyone is great. Customer service is great dept. New managemebt took over and made a lot of changes, that does not allow room for career progression.
Pros
Pto
Cons
New Management
Great Place to Work
security technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 28, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. Great working environment. Awesome employees and management . Good learning experiences and interactions. I would definitely recommend
Very Professional Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 24, 2018
Taking all inbound/outbound calls/ Call Center/Scheduling service calls, tech support, billing, credits, contracts, filing, data entry, etc. Confidence, helping customers with daily issues. Hardest part of job, recorded/timed calls, graded on entire call. Working with good people, management & teamwork was great.
Pros
Gym membership/Several Employee Perks
Cons
N/a
no career advancement
INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJanuary 28, 2018
lack of career advancement
customer service not prioritized
negative management changes over the past several years and customer service is not a priority
Cons
negative changes recently
Outside Sales
Security and Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Guardian is a great company to work for in the security and home automation field. Their compensation package is great. They provide you with all the tools for success as long as you are willing to put the time in.
Difficult to keep up numbers with minimal manager interaction
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 17, 2018
I was in a class off 22 , all of which, save me, left within one year of employment. The turn over rate is very high, and management interaction is minimal at best. Since my date of higher in 2016 I have spoken to my manager two times. Lead interaction is more frequent as you are micromanaged a great deal here.

If you are a fan of minimal interaction with management, and having your daily interaction watched like a hawk, then this is the place for you. If you enjoy having management/lead interactions then this is not the place for you.
Competitive work environment
Customer Service & GPS Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 11, 2017
Daily task to achieve a certain number of saves to cancels. Set goals for the team as high as a 60% saves percentage. Competitive between team members with incentives. Need to stay positive or you could fall behind a team goals set by managers.
Great Place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2017
This company provides a good environment but I'm seeking a career change. I'm pursuing a career in Counseling services which is related to management but not directly compensated in this arena.
Upper management is blind to the processes and challenges of their employees.
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 6, 2017
Having been in the work force for 30 years, I've never seen a management style like this. A blind eye is turned to true internal conflict and most of the management doesn't truly know the work of the people they are managing. Old boys club where women rarely hold any executive positions and while there are plenty of lateral moves to make internally for everyone, not much of a ladder to climb. I would caution anyone from working at Guardian.
Pros
Adequate benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
Don't bother
Contract Auditor (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 5, 2017
Honestly just disappointed in everything about Guardian, there was little to no advancement, and no compensation for any advancement that was made. Nothing to show for 2 years worth of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Protection Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight